Fabulous 50TH Festivities With Friends and Family 3/30/2022 It's a Wrap and Will I Be Back????

My son and I will be there in two days, Monday. For 6 nights. a split stay between Swan and Bay Lake. I will definitely be having a martini flight at Geyser Point.
Have a wonderful time!!! Say hi to Josh at Geyser Point for me.

Jenny, we stayed there the same time you were there, I’m surprised we didn’t run into you and Joe!
I wish we would have been able to meet up, our days were jam packed!
I knew you were there (in Disney) but had no idea you were at POFQ. Well, that's a bummer. Would have loved to have seen you!!!!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Loved the new VLOGMAS videos. I've done that Christmas Cookie around the world thing and it's not easy...so good for you. I love your final "prize" though...the "shake" looks awesome.

Loved the new VLOGMAS videos. I've done that Christmas Cookie around the world thing and it's not easy...so good for you. I love your final "prize" though...the "shake" looks awesome.
I'm not gonna lie. There was a lot of sugar this day and we ended up throwing a lot of the cookies away after we tasted them because it was just waaaaaay too much. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!!!

Sitting at Geyser Point Lounge right now. They DON'T have the ingredients for the martini flight.but 1😭
We had heard there was a liquor shortage and that Enchanted Rose gets first dibs. That really stinks because it's such a good flight.

We are staying at Fort Wilderness and will definitely be visiting Geyser Point at some time ;)
Definitely make a stop!!!

LOL just catching up, I wonder how those drinks got there :poop:
LOL! They just kept appearing. It was the strangest thing. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

MINNIE'S WONDERFUL CHRISTMASTIME FIREWORKS SHOW / VLOGMAS DAY 12

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope everyone is having a great holiday season! This was such a great show. The only part we all agreed that we didn't like was the Jordan Fisher part at the very end. It didn't fit in with all the classic Christmas music. It felt very out of place, forced, like a poorly placed commercial. It was almost like Disney has a contract with this guy to get in so many songs at so many venues, like parks and cruise ships, lol!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Anyway, I hope they bring back the same show next year, minus Jordan Fisher's part, because it was extremely festive and fun and it was awesome seeing after the disappointment of Enchantment and Harmonious...

Happy New Year to you, too. :) Christmas was busy, as I'm sure it was for you, too. :)

I loved watching the Christmas party fireworks from the GF when we were there in December of 2019. It would be even better to be inside MK instead. :)

Rob & Jimmy did the Cookie Stroll at Epcot, but even for those Cookie Monsters, it was too much for one day! The ended up spreading it out over two visits and then redeeming their completion prize on a third day. I was just there to take pictures, and never even got to taste any of the cookies, but they really enjoyed all of them!

We walked around a bit and then had lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Joe and I try to eat here every few months because it's just such a comfort meal. And, who doesn't love mashed potatoes?!?! I know I do!
We've always enjoyed Liberty Tree but were fans of the a la carte menu. Hoping they bring that back soon because I need some Ooey Gooey Cake in my life.

I did the ONE thing I said I wasn't going to do this night...I made some VERY bad choices, lol!
Pretty sure every time we say that we won't make bad choices its a sure sign that bad choices will be made :rotfl:

There also may have been some twerking and other bad behavior going on while watching the sneak peek of Enchantment from the boat dock. :rolleyes1
How have I not seen videos of this????

Love this picture!!!

Rob & Jimmy did the Cookie Stroll at Epcot, but even for those Cookie Monsters, it was too much for one day! The ended up spreading it out over two visits and then redeeming their completion prize on a third day. I was just there to take pictures, and never even got to taste any of the cookies, but they really enjoyed all of them!
We had to throw so much away. It was sugar overload, lol.

Pretty sure every time we say that we won't make bad choices its a sure sign that bad choices will be made
This is soooooo true.

How have I not seen videos of this????
Umm, that's because what happens at the WL stays at the WL. I was absolutely bombed, lol! :rotfl2: :rolleyes1 :cool1: :rotfl2: :rolleyes1 :cool1:

Hellooooooooo everyone! I am so sorry I have completely blown off this TR. The holidays got the best of me. We squeezed in a Disney trip in early December. Kari and Matt came to visit. I just started back to work. We also have a MAJOR construction project starting in mid-February and there's a lot we have to get done before it even starts...AND. we are going back to WDW in just a few weeks. CRAZY!

Anyway, I think I left off being completely gorked out of my mind the night before the 50th...Yep, I'm not going to lie...It was REALLY hard getting up the next morning at the crack of dawn to make it over to the MK for all the pomp and circumstance of the 50th that we all know by now turned out to be NOTHING!!! And, if you didn't know. The parks did absolutely NOTHING to celebrate the momentous celebration of the 50th Anniversary at MK. Unless. of course you wanted merch. There were crazy long lines, virtual queues, and fights breaking out in Starbucks for a bunch of stupid cups.

I think we were on the bus by 610 am to make it over to the MK. Upon arriving, we scanned our bands with 50,000 of our closest friends, and then @CruellaNY and I left Joe and Steve to make a Starbucks run. I was in desperate need of some tea to comfort my aching stomach. I was really hungover and not only did I have a headache and upset stomach, but I just felt disgusting. I felt that hangover smell and grossness one tends to feel the next morning after too many drinks and not enough sleep. 45 minutes later, I had my tea and a coffee for Joe, and the Besties. We were all set for the stage show, fireworks, rare character sightings...Yep, nope, none of that happened. There was no grand announcement, nothing. WHAT??????

Thankfully, this was the only true disappointment of the day. The 4 of us had the BEST time!!! Because everyone was waiting in lines for things like tee shirts and popcorn buckets, we were able to basically walk on every ride we wanted. We had a GREAT morning. Steve was even able to book a virtual queue for us for special merch for later in the day!! GO STEVE!

We ended up leaving the MK sometime around 1230ish by boat. We had lunch reservations at WCC and it was nice to get out of the park for a bit, eat and take a nap.

Tim even met us at WCC for what turned out to be a VERY good lunch. The BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos were delicious and they make an AWESOME Bloody!!! We all know alcohol is a definite cure for a hangover, lol!

Next up, we head back to the MK for dinner, more rides and an EXTREMELY disappointing fireworks show. Don't hate on me. I won't even make apologies. Enchantment is not a good show and after seeing it on tv and again in person on Main Street, I dislike it even more now.

SUPER CUTE TEE ARIANE MADE FOR US!!!

IN LINE FOR BTMRR!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter