Facebook recipes

FlyingDumbo

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried any of them? People often share recipes, but the pictures don't always seem to match. I'd love to hear from anyone who can review them . They all have a bazillion shares.

Has anyone tried any of them? People often share recipes, but the pictures don't always seem to match. I'd love to hear from anyone who can review them . They all have a bazillion shares.

I abhor the trend of Facebook recipes. They clog up my feed, and I'm quite confident that many of them involve some sort of scam. I love Pinterest for recipes, but I always make sure to visit the source and re-pin myself to make sure it's not a "pin to nowhere".

I tried that "Three Envelope Roast" (or something like that) that was going around for a while. It was actually very good.

I tried the brownie in a mug.......yea it didn't turn out and I did exactly what I was supposed to

Cleaning that mug out was a pain

I've tried to copy and paste some of them, but it never works out. Invariably, they have posted a link and most of the information won't copy. I'm too lazy to type it all out again. Unfortunate. Some of them look really good.

I've tried a creamed corn recipe and it was so good. We make it at least once a week now.

Love the creamed corn and the 3 envelope roast, have them all the time (together actually!!)

Have also tried the one with the chicken breasts, potatoes and green beans. You add a stick of butter and a packet of dry Italian dressing mix. I think that was all. Anyway, I didn't use green beans but used fresh asparagus instead. Next time, I will just cook the veggie seperatel. Chicken and potatoes were good though

Ive been making the 3 envelope crockpot roast for years since I got that recipe at Weight Watchers. I do it a bit different now, but same base recipe. Tonight I am trying the "Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake". I do not have high hopes, but my husband loves buffalo. I tried one of the BBQ chicken recipes and it would have been good if I cooked it less, it came out dry. It was sweet baby rays chicken or something similar.

The only ones I ever see are for something nasty like "Velveeta Frito Corn Dog Mac & Cheese!!!1" or something, so no, never tried any. I have tried plenty from food blogs though.

I made the oreo cream cheese dessert that was going around for my son's cheer bonding barbecue.

It must have been good, as there was none left!

When I see one that looks interesting I usually Google the name or some of the accompanying text, that invariably leads to the blog post or website the recipe was lifted from. Then I can read comments and pin it if it still looks good.

I abhor the trend of Facebook recipes. They clog up my feed, and I'm quite confident that many of them involve some sort of scam. I love Pinterest for recipes, but I always make sure to visit the source and re-pin myself to make sure it's not a "pin to nowhere".

I agree with this.
Though my Aunt posted one on Facebook that I have from Pinterest. The Loaded baked potato and buffalo chicken casserole. I was a bit shocked it was so good. I don't pin recipes that use processed ingredients or fake ingredients or the cream of crap ingredients. This particular recipe used all real ingredients though. The sour cream on top was probably a bad idea but it was good. LOL

DS tried the "just like a wendys frosty"...yeah, not so much. It was disgusting!

DH just made the cheesy ritz cracker chicken. It was so good!

We tried the oreo cream cheese lasagna dessert. Nothing special.

I don't pintrest, so I like seeing recipes in my feed. Unless you are posted every single recipe that you have ever come across in one afternoon. That will get you blocked.

My favorite has been Pizza Monkey Bread- i make that at least once every two weeks! Also love the meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato icing. For once i made cupcakes that came out looking like the picture!!

Update, the buffalo chicken pasta was GROSS! I actually did not even add the chicken because the concoction looked icky, so I tried the pasta and decided not to even waste the chicken. My husband also gave it two thumbs down. Yuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter