Facebook response from Pete Werner

stacktester

DIS Veteran
I wrote a pm to Pete concerning Kathy and what has happened here.

This was his reply.

Hi Donnie,

I will take a look at the board after I get back from sailing on the Dream (I'm on board as I type this). What I can say is that we've been receiving an unusual number of complaints from people who are not part of the "group" who say they are feeling a...ttacked and unwelcome on that board. While I'm glad that there is a tight-knit group there, it has to be an inclusive group and not a clique. I promise I'll take a look when I get back, and if necessary, I'll get involved.

And yes, we did stay at the cabins over NYE (it was my third time over there) and had a great time! I love the Fort!!

Hopefully he will come by and take care of this when he returns.

:cool1: Finally, the mayor is working for the people! I'm tired of holding my tongue so my JJ picture doesn't go away. I know how disappointed you would be!:rolleyes1

What I can say is that we've been receiving an unusual number of complaints from people who are not part of the "group" who say they are feeling a...ttacked and unwelcome on that board.

I can't think of a single newbie that has asked legit questions who was made to feel unwelcome. I have seen some trolls pop in and out just to stir the pot - and they IMHO got what they deserved. Pete needs to look at the history of the people complaining, how long they've been on the Disboard (not the camping forum - but the website) and the context of their posts. Or perhaps, the unusual number of complaints really only stem from one person with a multiple personality disorder?

Anyhow - thanks Donnie! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Mayor!

Maybe soon we'll get an actual explanation, so things can get back to normal.:confused3

I'm hoping it was just some kind of misinterpretation by the powers that be, and then shock at the "spirited" response.

BTW Where has Scott been through all this? He is still listed as the official moderator of the camping board. Just wondering.....

I wrote a pm to Pete concerning Kathy and what has happened here.

This was his reply.

Hi Donnie,

I will take a look at the board after I get back from sailing on the Dream (I'm on board as I type this). What I can say is that we've been receiving an unusual number of complaints from people who are not part of the "group" who say they are feeling a...ttacked and unwelcome on that board. While I'm glad that there is a tight-knit group there, it has to be an inclusive group and not a clique. I promise I'll take a look when I get back, and if necessary, I'll get involved.

And yes, we did stay at the cabins over NYE (it was my third time over there) and had a great time! I love the Fort!!

Hopefully he will come by and take care of this when he returns.

Well, I hope he does too but I have my doubts. He well knows it is not a clique and anyone is allowed and if there were an unusal amount of complaints he knows it was from mostly trolls and from ONE person who thinks their poop doesn't stink. Trolls will be trolls and not much can be done about them other than ignoring them. This ONE person should have been handled by the Board long ago. Complaints were made by many but nothing was done so the forum members handled it themselves.

Unfortunately, what has been happening these past few days has become the real problem and the problem lies within the Disboard itself and not with the people on this forum. That my friend is a fact. I suggest he step back, reach down and do a "Gut Check" and take a hard look within the board itself. Business decisions are hard sometimes and I hope he makes the right decision. I really do. But, I won't be holding my breath.

I also sent Webmasterpete a pm. I have not heard back from him yet. But if he's a cruisin that might be why....

I can't think of a single newbie that has asked legit questions who was made to feel unwelcome. I have seen some trolls pop in and out just to stir the pot - and they IMHO got what they deserved. Pete needs to look at the history of the people complaining, how long they've been on the Disboard (not the camping forum - but the website) and the context of their posts. Or perhaps, the unusual number of complaints really only stem from one person with a multiple personality disorder?

Anyhow - thanks Donnie! :thumbsup2

I totally agree with you! I've never seen a newbie on the boards treated poorly. I think these boards are far more welcoming than any of the others. Pete himself knows this!

I find it hard to believe that anyone would take all the joking around that is done on the Camping boards seriously. Camping is all about having fun!

Donnie also left out the part where the WM told him to stop being so cheap and buy his own beer when he goes to the Fort.:goodvibes

It could be possible that newer posters consider the boards "unwelcoming" if they are not treated with the same familiarity as the older posters. While I'm sure that there are many more who don't view it that way, I just think that it's possible that some could view it that way.

If that's the case, it's really no one's fault. Familiarity comes with time, and people should never equate familiarity with friendliness.

Well its nice to know that at least he's willing to look into it. Hopefully he means what he says. Unfortunately the people running things right now have pretty much ruined things, at least for the time being. Hopefully he doesn't wait to long because they are running out of people to slap around.

+1 :thumbsup2

I hope he looks at my Halloween pics post. When newbie and others came over and hijacked the thread about people putting decorations and blow-up on the site. Great job Donnie

I hold out hope that Pete can help. Im just thinking back to the days when I used to worship the podcasts. He does care about the forum and all of the boards.

I also sent Pete a scathing PM today (no reply yet). At least he will know more than one or two people are upset at the treatment some old timers have received in the past week or so.

I truly doubt he cares. I could be wrong, but who knows.

Pete cares very much what happens here. We all do, there's no other reason that we would be here, doing what we do, year after year.

I'd like to point something else out, Kathy posted the "play nice" message and I believe a number of people believe she is the issue.
The webmasters don't work that way. We have an email address that goes to all of the WM's and Pete and Corey and probably a few other people I'm not thinking of. Usually one of us takes the point on a board where we are getting complaints but I know Doc has been over here and so have I. We all communicate and Pete has been reading it and knows exactly what is going on.
So for those of you who believe this is Kathy riding solo...it's just not the case

A legitimate question, please - and I'll be as careful as I can in how I word this...

If someone has received a notice of an infraction resulting in points and loss of certain privileges (such as PM), how does one respond to such a message?

Or is that not allowed?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter