Fairfield Marriot California

laurenalexis

Earning My Ears
has anyone out there stayed at the Fairfield? Anything I need to know about the hotel? Is it kid friendly. They say it is about 1/2 mile from Disneyland. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks :goodvibes

The Fairfield Inn? I would say less than 1/2 mile- it's not far from the street crosswalk to the main entrance.
We stayed a few years ago - all the corridors are on the outside of the building (motel style) , McDonald's is in the parking lot along with a family restaurant called Millie's, they have a snack shop on premises, laundry on each floor , smallish pool next to parking lot with very little shade.
It's a simple place to sleep and shower with some rooms having cool Disney views. We had very old uncomfortable beds, unhappy sleeping until we went to DLH - they have since redone all beds and I have read that they are very nice.
Location is what makes it a good place.

We prefer HOJO's for a little less money, brighter rooms , nice pools, pretty grounds and more space. Trade off is a longer walk.

::MickeyMo
I hadnt heard of HOJO's before it that an abreviation?

That is good to know that Fairfield has laundry rooms. That means I dont have to pack so many clothes :-)

Any other advice you can give me I will take this is our first family vacation.

Thank you!

HoJo's >>> Howard Johnson's Anaheim

You will likely see many posts here (and other Disneyland boards) about "HoJo's" as it is a favorite hotel of many Disneyland fans.

My fiance and I stayed there for our anniversary in September and we could not have been happier. The location was fabulous, with DL turnstiles being less then 12 minutes from our hotel room door. IN fact.. when we left at the last minute from our hotel for PS's at the Blue Bayou, we made it from our hotel to the BB in about 15 minutes.. and im a big guy.. so we didn't go very quickly. LOL

The rooms were clean and big, the bathroom's clean, the linens looked and smelled like they were all washed and changed daily. Best of all, from the hotel balcony, we could see the DL fireworks each night.

We loved the hotel so much, that instead of staying at the main Anaheim Marriott with my reward points, we are staying at the Fairfield Inn when we go for my fiance's birthday in July.

We definately reccomend it :earsboy:

We stayed there March 9-14 and were very happy with the hotel. The room was nice and clean, and it is only about two blocks to the crosswalk for the entrance to Disney. We had 1 king bed and a sleeper sofa which worked perfectly for us. The little Cafasia on the third floor was nice to get donuts or cereal in the morning.

My only complaints: The parking is TERRIBLE. If you are renting a car, be prepared to look for a space. Most spaces are marked "compact car only", but of course everyone parks there suv's and minvans in them which also kills the space right next to it. We had to park in the restaurant and walk one night.
Also, my wife lost a pair of gold earings in the room. We have no way of knowing if they were misplaced or taken, as she beleives they were on the sink. The loss prevention officer was very nice about the whole thing, but I doubt we will see them again. With that being said, I would still stay there again without hesitation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter