• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fairy Godmother!

Babymoon

Earning My Ears
We used Fairy Godmothers babysitting service this trip and it was wonderful!

Our godmother, Vera Kennedy and was a lovely mature woman from England. She took the kids (4 years old and 21 months old) to the playground and did a craft with them. They were fast asleep in their beds when we got back.

It wasn't cheap! We were gone for 5 hours and it cost us $75! Was it worth it? YES! We'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Thanks for the report! We get a lot of questions regarding child care services on this board and your information is very helpful.

:)

So glad to hear this! How did you check out credentials? did you make a copy of her ID? How soon in advance did you do make the "reservation". what resort did you stay at? What did you do with all your valuables???

Sorry for all the questions! Just found out I am PG and we were planning on V&A on our next trip.

First of all, congratulations on your pregancy!

Quite honestly, I never even though to check credentials or copy her ID. So many people have used Fairy Godmothers that I just felt confident everything was above board.

I called them about a month before we left to make the reservation but you have to call them when you arrive in the resort to give them your room number. We were at ASMovies during this part of our trip. We put our valuables in the safe.

Thanks for posting! How do you get in touch Fairy Godmothers? I'd like to save that in case we decide we need a babysitter when we go next year. I'm thinking about doing the clubhouses instead.

Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of either Fairy Godmothers or Clubhouses. Thanks!

:-)

Jackie

Fairy Godmothers' phone number is (407) 969-9847 and toll free 877-611-4314.

One of the reasons we used Fairy Godmothers is because we have a 20 month old and you have to be 4 to go to the Clubhouses. It's also less expensive and more convenient since they come to your room. I think the Clubhouse was $8/hour per child which would have been $16/hour for us with the two kids and the Godmother was, I think, $12/hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Babymoon - first time I 've seen anyone else from Bingo on the boards! Welcome! Also, how do you pay for this service? Does it have to be cash or travelers checks? We've never used any babysitting service and we just might be able to get up the nerve to do it soon, so this info is really helpful. Thanks - :)

We have also used fairy godmothers and been very pleased. She was even willing to watch our son for a part of the evening at the pool. Our 'fairy godmother' was a senior lady who my toddler adored. Two advantages over clubs; someone already mentioned the age requirement. Also, late hours. We wanted to spend an evening at Pleasure Island, and were able to do that while our son's sleep routine was not interrupted.

I don't remember how I paid for them, but do remember finding the Fairy Godmother organization recommended in a well regarded guide book. I also think that the first time we did this (about 8 years ago) this was the only service Disney was letting on site. I also remember speaking to the owner ( or director??) about hiring practices and background checks, and being quite satisfied.

They only accept cash or traveler's checks.

Good to see another Binghamtonian on the board! Another poor northerner who is trying to get through a dreary winter! :(

We used Fairy Godmother's last July and also had a wonderful experience with them! I would use them again in a heartbeat! We stayed at HIFS (offsite) so clubhouses were not an option, plus my daughter was only 2. The kids got to bed early and got some very much needed extra sleep! We paid with traveler's checks and cash.

Has anyone used a service like this for 4 children...no site will quote the dollar amount per hour. Probably cant afford it but am still very curious!

Thanks.

I guess the $75 was with gratuity?

Does she present you with a bill?

I'm thinking about trying this when we go next month. DS will be 1.

Has anyone used the fairy godmothers while in a RV at the campground? Will they come for that or do you have to be in a hotel room?
also, what would be the rate for 3 kids, (one under 4 so no go on the clubhouse stuff)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter