fairytale adventure

lkueffer

Earning My Ears
Just got back from the Germany trip. if anyone has questions please feel free to ask. I will post a trip report soon.

Just got back from the Germany trip. if anyone has questions please feel free to ask. I will post a trip report soon.

I can not wait to read your trip report. Get some rest and then write write write!

OMG! We are going in September, and I can't wait to here more. Hotels? Activities? Food? Guides?

Were there many places that you had to use cash, or were credit cards accepted in most?

We want to hear everything! I'm looking forward to your report - we are planning to do this trip next summer. Did you have kids with you and if so, what were their ages?

We are a family of five. Our two youngest travelled with us. They are 12 and 7. Both are girls.
As for cash or credit. We purchased Euros before we went for little purchases (bakery, candy etc.) and had no problem using credit for bigger purchases (steins, clocks, etc.) No one in our group had a hard time using credit cards at stores. A few of the restaurants did not accept credit cards so we just asked before we were seated. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from in each city that take credit cards.
One thing that also worked for some in the group is using ATM machines to make sure you have a little cash at all times.

Did you enjoy the trip? Was the Disney aspect enjoyable? How did you feel the guides did? What about "down" time or time on your own? What were the accommodations like?

We are arriving one day early and staying one extra day (for Oktoberfest in Munich). Did you do either?

Did you have time to visit anything outside of Munich? Like Dacau or the Eagles nest?
How was the food?

We enjoyed everything about the trip. The Disney touch is very much a part of the adventure. I won't give away any surprises but there were nice touches and goodies daily. The Adventure Guides made themselves available to each family at all times. They were very helpful in giving suggestions of restaurants, stores to find whatever you were looking for, hints on local favorites etc. They really went out of their way to become apart of our family for the week. They also did a great job of entertaining the kids at meal times. The kids usually sat with each other at a separate table. (this was optional). Oe of the guides always sat with the kids and helped them out during the meal.
The food was wonderful. The meals provided always gave a nice variety of choices. For dinners we always had three to four choices (fish, chicken and either beef or pork), soup, salad, veg., grain and dessert were always provided. The kids had a separate menu and my two girls always found something they liked on all menus. Breakfasts were always served buffet style and had plenty of choices for all.
When we ate on our own we never had a problem finding a restaurant we liked.
A lot of the people in our group extended their stay by a day or two. Some went to Paris, others stayed in Munich. We didn't extend our stay. Maybe next time.
We felt we had enough time to explore each city we were in except Munich. We were given a nice tour of Munich by a local guide hired by Disney. He was wonderful and very entertaining. We did have a few hours one night to explore and then the next day we had a few hours after our morning at Neuschwanstein Castle. That was the night of our farewell dinner. We probably would have enjoyed having an extra day to explore Munich.

Forgot to talk about the accomodations. We enjoyed each one. The Crowne Plaza in Heidelberg was very nice and modern. All amenities you needed. The location was very convenient. We were given a family suite on the second floor. It had two queen beds, two rollaways, a large sitting area with table and chairs and a bathroom. Our next stay was at the castle Trendelburg. We were given a room on the top floor (no elevators) which was O.K. because we were not in and out of our room much. The room was a two room suite with a king bed in one room and two twins in the other. Nice bathroom in our room. Some people had interesting bathrooms. No air conditioning but we really did not need it. The third hotel in Rothenburg also had nice accomodations with amenities that were great. No air and we didn't see any elevators. This time we were on the second floor which was nice because we were up and down a lot. Rothenburg was my favorite shopping destination. In Munich we stayed at the Kempinski Hotel which is beautiful. Here we had two connecting rooms. This hotel had air conditioning and elevators.
Having no air conditioning in our rooms didn't bother us but the weather was only in the mid 70's when we visited.

Thank you for the great trip reports on this tour.

I do have a question. How were you treated by the people of Germany? Were they welcoming, friendly, etc? Also, did you have any problems with not knowing the language?

Also, I am curious to know if prices for items purchased (souveniers) were set or were they negotiable?

This sounds like a great trip...my husband and I talk about going to Germany quite frequently.

We were treated very well by everyone in Germany. We did not feel unwelcome. We also never had a problem finding someone that spoke English. We did not do any bargaining for items. We shopped in stores that seemed to have set prices though.

We were treated very well by everyone in Germany. We did not feel unwelcome. We also never had a problem finding someone that spoke English. We did not do any bargaining for items. We shopped in stores that seemed to have set prices though.

I just returned home tonight from Germany. Our guides were Jennae and Dave. Did you have them or Jason and his partner???

We had Jason and Stephanie. They were great. We actually met Steph. before the tour. She was working at the Germany pavilion in Epcot and was the person that made the dolls for my two girls when were there in October. We told her at the time that we were going on the Germany adventure in May and she said she was going to be an adventure guide but she was scheduled to guide the Austria trip. The girls and I were thrilled when we saw her at the Crowne Plaza and she was our guide. That also made her day because it put her at ease. We were her first group that she was an Adventure Guide for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter