Fairytale Suite-Help convince me! Update-It was AMAZING!

StinkerBelle222

Earning My Ears
I just booked the Fairytale Suite for our February trip! We are celebrating a milestone birthday and our wedding anniversary on this trip, but now I am having some buyer's remorse due to the cost! The price difference if we changed to a standard room at the Disneyland Hotel would probably cover most of our trip. I know on-site benefits have changed due to covid but are their any suite perks that I don't know about that might help convince me it is worth the price? It will have been 4 years since we have been to Disneyland or on any vacation really so I know we will have a great time no matter what. Thanks for any advice!

my understanding is that the concierge benefits is similar to what you would get in a club suite room. I am not sure what extra benefits there are.

However, I would recommend doing the room. The pirates room is on my bucket list.

I would do it. I totally understand buyer's remorse, but as you said, this is a very special occasion. Honestly I think the suite alone is worth it, even without the usual onsite benefits. Also, by February it's possible that more of the perks will be available again. I would do it, not look back and just have a wonderful time!

I did this once and it was TOTALLY worth it!! Of course, that was several years ago so I can't really say how it compares now. I know it has been completely redone since I stayed (used to have silk carpet and different color scheme/theming), but it's awesome. The vanity in the gigantic bathroom actually lights up from within, and that spa tub and steam shower...!! We were given a lovely fruit basket and some treats. It's directly next to the concierge lounge so you can run over whenever you like and get champagne--er, sparkling wine-- food, etc. and take it back to the room. The views are spectacular with all of those windows and everything is controlled electronically, from the drapes to the TV that rises up out of the TV commode. Tinkerbell flies around and lights up niches, there are little luxuries throughout, and it just feels very, very special. I mean, it should, for the price, but as signature suites go, it's not too bad. We had some perks such as VIP seating but I'm not sure about those now.

I hope you have a very magical time!!

I was toying with the idea of booking the Big Thunder Suite for my son's 18th birthday next year, but I just can't justify it, no matter how special the milestone is. It's over $4000/night. Nope. Can't do it. How much is the Fairytale Suite? I'd maybe book that if it was like $2000, but no more. I mean, we paid almost $1000 for a standard room at GCH over the summer.

However, be aware that I do NOT believe the signatures suites come with Club Level perks automatically. Pretty sure you have to pay additional to add that on.

I was toying with the idea of booking the Big Thunder Suite for my son's 18th birthday next year, but I just can't justify it, no matter how special the milestone is. It's over $4000/night. Nope. Can't do it. How much is the Fairytale Suite? I'd maybe book that if it was like $2000, but no more. I mean, we paid almost $1000 for a standard room at GCH over the summer.

However, be aware that I do NOT believe the signatures suites come with Club Level perks automatically. Pretty sure you have to pay additional to add that on.
The FTS always did pre-Covid, but I don't know about now.
ETA: I had it booked for my sister and me, and then... Covid. Disney canceled and we haven't been back yet. We're booked for Dec but not in the FTS. It did include concierge on our booking and was $1600/night at that time. Be aware that you're only supposed to have 2 people (there's just 1 king bed).

Last edited:
I think you'll be glad you did it! I had it booked for a milestone anniversary in May 2020, and then...*gestures at everything*

I really want to re-book, I'm just not sure when next year will work. You'll have such a magical time - I'm glad you did it!!!

My dream 60th birthday was a VIP tour and 2 nights in the Mickey Mouse Suite at Disneyland hotel--until I called for pricing. 2 nights=$10,000. Not happening. I am doing the VIP tour next June, but rented points to stay at Grand Californian. Saves over $8000 and we get a full kitchen. Everyone has their dream, but for me, practicality won out.

Signature suites come with concierge services and lounge. The Fairrytale suite is beautiful, but it is a 2 person suite. I've stayed in all but the Big Thunder Suite (did visit friends in it) and my favorite is probably the Adventure Suite.

I really liked the view from the Pirates Suite probably the best.

But, with the cost of these suites (just under $6K for the 4 big ones, I think Fairytale is about $3500) you need to spend time IN the suite. We did the Adventure Suite for my 60th birthday. The suite for 2 nights and having it catered was cheaper than 21 Royal, so that was where we went.
The shower!

We stayed at the Fairytale suite in 2018 for a birthday, and it was wonderful! I inquired a few weeks ago, and the price in including tax was about $1700, with 2 people max in the room. I rationalized (LOL) that it wasn’t *too much more* than a 1-bedroom suite, and much more reasonable in comparison to the other Signature Suites. In 2018, we had access to the concierge lounge (right next door) and assistance with booking activities, and they arranged VIP seating for the night of stay only, for which we chose Fantasmic! At the time, they also had a catalog of DVD’s to watch in the room.

We lucked out - the room was ready around 1 pm, so we had it for almost 24 hours. The room is small with lovely views, the bathroom is just divine, and the little decorative touches are charming. It was worth every penny for a special occasion! No regrets!

We stayed at the Fairytale suite in 2018 for a birthday, and it was wonderful! I inquired a few weeks ago, and the price in including tax was about $1700, with 2 people max in the room.
I'm glad you wrote this info, as that's about what I thought it would cost. I think it's a pretty sweet deal compared to many other Disney expenditures. That's what it was when Disneyland closed down, so I'm happy to hear they didn't double the price on reopening!

It's a beautiful suite, comes with VIP and concierge, and has a very luxurious bathroom. There's even a hidden TV in the mirror! The steam shower is awesome and the mosaic castle behind the spa tub is beautiful. I did prefer the previous decor to the current, but it's still cool. Now it's less fanciful and more geometric and they went with purple, so to me it's more 'prince' and less 'princess' looking. Here are some pics of the bath, the old look, and the new.

Attachments

• fts bath.jpg
    fts bath.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 100
  • fts old.jpg
    fts old.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 102
  • fts new.JPG
    fts new.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 102
Signature suites come with concierge services and lounge. The Fairrytale suite is beautiful, but it is a 2 person suite. I've stayed in all but the Big Thunder Suite (did visit friends in it) and my favorite is probably the Adventure Suite.

I really liked the view from the Pirates Suite probably the best.

But, with the cost of these suites (just under $6K for the 4 big ones, I think Fairytale is about $3500) you need to spend time IN the suite. We did the Adventure Suite for my 60th birthday. The suite for 2 nights and having it catered was cheaper than 21 Royal, so that was where we went.
View attachment 619173
View attachment 619174
View attachment 619175
View attachment 619176
The shower!
View attachment 619179

Ooh...interesting idea. Who did your catering? Was it Disney Private dining or an outside company?

I would keep the suite, because the price will only continue to climb. I would also spend that time mostly staying in the suite/hotel and probably not visit the parks on those days unless I was just going for something like a meal or fireworks. If you are staying several nights in that suite, then, yes, I'd go to the parks. There's always the option of spending one special night there and move to a regular club room for any remaining days. Just another thought. Can't wait to hear what you decide.

Ooh...interesting idea. Who did your catering? Was it Disney Private dining or an outside company?
Technically, it was Disney banquets. But the chef from Steakhouse 55 handled everything for me, making all our favorites. Fried truffled mac and cheese balls, bacon wrapped asparagus, caesar salad, lobster rolls (some gluten free for a friend), tri tip sliders, mac and cheese for the kids, and a couple other items I can't remember. We had about 35 people there. Concierge made sure we had plenty of chairs.

Technically, it was Disney banquets. But the chef from Steakhouse 55 handled everything for me, making all our favorites. Fried truffled mac and cheese balls, bacon wrapped asparagus, caesar salad, lobster rolls (some gluten free for a friend), tri tip sliders, mac and cheese for the kids, and a couple other items I can't remember. We had about 35 people there. Concierge made sure we had plenty of chairs.

That's pretty sweet! My husband is looking for a fun way to celebrate his military retirement in the next couple years and this may be an option! He wants to have a ceremony and then a smaller invite only party somewhere. 35 people sounds about right. Thanks for sharing! We knew you could book a private room at Napa Rose, but didn't know you could host a party in a suite!

That's pretty sweet! My husband is looking for a fun way to celebrate his military retirement in the next couple years and this may be an option! He wants to have a ceremony and then a smaller invite only party somewhere. 35 people sounds about right. Thanks for sharing! We knew you could book a private room at Napa Rose, but didn't know you could host a party in a suite!
Just to be transparent, I got the room, contacted Chef, asked someone we knew at the concierge desk for chairs (they saw what we were doing and brought a couple tables too), banquets brought the food and supplied a person to assist for 3 hours. It was a lot of fun.

Thanks for all the great advice! I plan on calling Disney tomorrow to find out what benefits are currently being offered for suite guests and will report back on what they say. Our plan is to stay 2 nights because we want to enjoy park time as well. For the 2 nights we will be there, the price is ~$2,800 compared to a little over $1,100 for 2 nights in a standard room at the Disneyland Hotel. Two nights in a courtyard view room at the Grand for the same nights is ~$1,500 which looking back is about the same we paid for the same category for an anniversary splurge in 2018. My husband also brought up the fact that prices are only going to keep increasing as someone here has mentioned. It is just really hard for my super practical self to justify such a large splurge! I will let you know what we decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter