**Faith and Max's 12.22.12 Swan/Garden Grove/ADH Wedding!!** UPDATED 16!!

Wooo!! Great update, Faith!

1. Love the idea of just turquoise and white.

2. I also love the idea of letting the florist be artistic. I'll bet the florist will have fun with that.

3. Ummmm I thinkkk I might change the coral bits to silver. But could you give us a picture? Or did I forget what your cake looks like?

4. I would stick with the smaller wedding party!!! I had SO MUCH DRAMA WITH MINE GAHHHHHHHHH!!!! However, if you do choose to expand it, you do NOT need to have matching sides!

5. Hmmm. I think a violinist would sound pretty. But more would be fine too.

6. Yay registering!

7. Have you seen the new Disney wedding favors? They're pretty. Do something practical that people would use: like a corkscrew for a wine bottle or a bookmark or something. Or edible!

Something fun to check when registering: Macy's does registry events called Sip and Scan, where you get snacks, punch, and a lot of fun demos (as well as a little gift for going). I really recommend taking advantage of this. You don't have to start your registry at one, you can go and update it at one if you want to start before then. But definitely check this out. My fiance and I got to get our pictures done in a photo booth and get lots of one-on-one help picking stuff up in each part of the store. :) It also really felt like a date night rather than shopping, which Brian liked.

This site will help you find one: http://content.theknot.com/sitelets/macys-sip-and-scan/

I think turquoise and white is going to look really good. As for the cake, it's nice to have a random accent colour in there. Our colours are turquoise and lime green and our cake has some purple in it...as do our invitations. We are having a violinist as well but opted to add a guitarist in there as well. The guitarist will play the song and the violinist will cover the lyrics.
All white in your bouquet is going to look really nice and really...you can't screw it up! lol
As for the bridal party, that is totally your call. I have heard horror stories and I have heard about how much fun people have had. If you get along great with these people then why not? Or, if you are still hesitant, you can add them into your wedding in different ways like as ushers or by doing readings, etc.
That's really cool that Max seems interested in registering! Nick hated it! lol
Everything looks great so far!

Hi sweet girl!!
Just checking in!!
Well done on the race!! It looked such fun!! I really enjoyed the report and the photos. Love love love the hair!!! So pretty and it really suits you!!! So sorry to hear about your Dad's office but I guess it is a blessing that nothing was stolen.
I am in the minority, as a lot of the girls seem not to like coral, but I am quite sad that you are dropping the coral from the colour scheme. I am probably biased, as it was my colour scheme too, but I love earthy colours. I must admit that my colours ranged from deep terracotta to peach tones, and were just used for floral. Every thing else was white and turquoise/aqua, with a few acccents of silver. I guess the two reasons that I introduced the 'earthy' elements were because I really wanted to reflect the colours of the S/D and (and please don't flame me) I really couldn't see myself with all white floral. I am sure it will look really pretty as part of your wedding, but I love colour when it comes to wedding flowers. That is just me. The only thing I wasn't keen of in the Duke and Duchess of Cambridges' wedding was the lack of colour (even the bridesmaids wore white). Your wedding, of course, will have tons of colour with the turquoise and will be far prettier.
I don't think you can go far wrong with adding either a keyboard or guitarist to the violinist, but I think you are right in that just the violinist may get a little lost in the breeze at CT.
I cannot comment on large wedding parties as I have never had one, but all the girls here who have large wedding parties seem to have a lot of heartache with them.
Favours are a hard one!! As part of our favours we did little 'sample' vials of the fragrances we wore on our day. So the ladies got a sample of mine and the men a sample of Paul's. It went down very well!!! Just another idea for the pot.
It is all coming together beautifully now, isn't it, sweetie?

~I like a little splash of coral with the turquoise, but I do think the turquoise and white will still be really pretty.
~The only thing with all white floral is that I personally think that your bouquet should stand out from your BMs. Whether you have all white and the girls have a little bit of color somehow or the other way around.
~I think the wedding party is up to you. I had 5 BM and yes, I did have huge drama and lost my best friend. But it had nothing to do with how big the party was. So I think go with your heart there.
~As for the music, I think the violin would be pretty by themselves but I think you could add a second musician if you wanted. I dunno about a keyboard...I was thinking it was okay til you asked if was too 80s ish and now I'm not sure!
~ Registering was fun! DH didn't want to do it at first but I don't think he hated it as much as he thought he would. We did Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, and our Honeymoon registry. I think BB&B was probably the best for the guests, but we definitely LOVED the honeymoon one. I would reccommend doing that to anyone!
~And I"m not reallly creative with favors. We did a picture holder that held the names for the guests to sit and then they could take it home with their pictures from the photobooth. I think they idea of either having something edible or something useful is the best way to go.

We did have a blast! Thank you! Oh, and you can do it! Try googling the Couch to 5k plan.. I promise you can do it!

Thanks thank thanks!

Right then! I'm going to give it a go. Can you come to the UK and be my motivator? ;)

I think ditching the coral and just leaving tuquiose and white will look lovely. Turquiose is such a beautiful colour <3

If it was my cake I'd change the coral for silver, I think silver combined with turquiose/white will look beautiful. Then again it will look lovely with coral, I'm probably a wrong person to ask, I'm so indecisive.

I think adding to your wedding party would be a good idea and I agree it can bring drama. If you can trust the 5 new additions to keep the drama to a minimum then I say go with it. Also I don't think it'll really matter if it's all unbalanced, what's more important is that the people you want up there with you are there.

xx

I loved the coral and teal combination, but if you were to keep just one I love teal and white and even little bits of silver as well with those two colors. Obviously I am zero help with the cake, I think it will look beautiful with the teal and white or with added coral or silver as well. I just would make the teal and white the focal point of course

When it comes to bridal party we avoided it because we didnt want to deal with that added pressure, but I am having a blast so far as a bridesmaid in my friends wedding with planning and such. But I could see why some people have a hard time its of course an added expense for outfit, etc.

I think the solo musician is beautiful, but if you want something more powerful I could see adding someone. When my mom and I visited the area seemed very nice and intimate so I feel like the solo would be just fine

Hello lovelies!
So, I have a few minor wedding updates/changes to share with you! This is a baby update so don’t get too excited! ;)

1. Colors
We decided we’re going to ditch the coral from our color scheme. This will leave us with turquoise and white! I’m hoping this will look modern and crisp but still elegant! Now, everything will revolve around these two colors!

2. Floral
Since we are leaving the coral behind, we are doing all white flowers. I don’t think we’re going to limit ourselves to just roses anymore but I don’t exactly know what I want. I think I’m going to tell our planner that we want a mix of white flowers and let the florist be artistic!

3. Our cake
There is coral on our cake and now we are trying to decide if we should switch the coral bits to silver or if we should just leave it the way it is? It would still look pretty with the coral..THOUGHTS?

4. Wedding Party
We are considering having a larger wedding party. Right now we are just having a MOH and a Best Man. DFi and I were thinking that having more people up there with us might be more fun for us all. We share 5 really good guy friends and I’d love for them to be up there with us!

My only issue is this: Max and I may not have matching sides number wise. Should we still go for it?

What does everyone think about expanding our bridal party? I’d love for everyone to be up there but I KNOW that bridal parties can bring the drama!!

5. Music Decisions
Right now we have a solo violinist for our ceremony but now I’m worried that it’s going to sound hollow and sad without another musician or another type of musician. We are expecting about 40-60 people and our ceremony site is a decent size.

We’re considering a keyboardist but that seems so 80s to me :laughing: Anyone care to share their thoughts??

6. We’re registering on March 23rd! DFi is taking off that day since we’re seeing the Hunger Games at midnight and we figured we’d might as well register then! I think we’re going to register at Kohl’s and Macy’s. We picked these two places because they’re all around the country, coupons are available and there should be something for every price range!

7. Still on the hunt for awesome favors… Pinterest has been a great source of inspiration but I’m still indecisive.. know I have time but still!

I think that’s about it! I’d appreciate some feedback!! Thanks everyone!

I just realized that I read your update and never wrote back! Where to start...

Although I LOVE coral, I think turquoise and white will look very clean and fresh. I think pops of coral here and there are a good idea, though.

I think expanding your bridal party is a great idea! I think it would definitely make for more fun. It sounds like the people you're thinking about adding are important to you so as long as the symmetry issue doesn't bother you I see no problem with uneven sides. Just let your photographer know so they can think of good set-ups for uneven parties. I've seen a lot of photos where where the wedding party is set up in a way that you don't even notice it's uneven!

I agree that a solo violinist would sound a little empty. It would make for a very intimate feel and that may not be what you're going for with that many guests. I'm really not sure if a keyboard would make much of a difference...maybe you can find some clips of a vilion and keyboard playing together and see how you feel about it. Do you have any other options for live music? Even a violin trio would probably be enough if that was available and in your price range. Sorry, I'm a musician so this interest me! :cutie:

Yay for registering! Oh, and the Hunger Games looks awesome. I can't wait to see it!

Hi Faith! I wanted to make sure you heard about my experience with a violinist at Crescent Terrace (just in case you didn't see it over on Swalphins!).

We had a solo violinist, no microphones, etc and it sounded great to us! We had 35 guests with seating up on the raised terrace and the violinist was down below to the left. Also, my brother sang and played a song on the ukulele during the ceremony with no hook up and it was heard by all. With your guest count I'm guessing your seating will be down below and I'd think that they would be able to hear the music just as well. I recall being able to hear the music as soon as I came around the building and started down the aisle to the terrace! Hope this helps!

I'm not a fan of coral really and think turquoise and white will be very classic. I think those colous with a bit of silver on the cake will be beautiful. Not so sure about all white flowers though, are there no turquoise coloured flowers? I know nothing about flowers!

I wouldn't add extra BM's if I were you, they cost money and seem to bring nothing but problems, they'll still be with you on your wedding day so they'll still bring the fun with them.

I think a violin on its own will be beautiful.

turquoise6.jpg

turquoise5.jpg

turquoise4.jpg

turquoise3.jpg

turquoise1.jpg

turquoise2.jpg

:wave: Hi Faith!! I’ve finally caught up on your journal (took me four days) :surfweb: It was tons of fun reading along. So first off I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!! And now I’ll list my comments…

*Love your dress<3 The details are great and the layers are so much fun. As for your flats I absolutely adore them. I’m ALL about the bling so I was in love :lovestruc, and you’ll be extra comfy.

*Your wedding bands are very pretty. I’m a big fan of the double band.

*The Designer Princess Collection cups you posted are so nice. Months ago I wanted to purchase the Designer Princess Jasmine shirt on the Disney website. I love the artsy feel it has so when I saw that they now have cups I just knew I had to get them soon. I showed my bf your post, and he agrees we have to get them. Starting with Jasmine of course!

*Your mommy looks great in her dress. I don’t want my mom in one of those “frumpy” dresses either:rotfl:

*Boy! Was that a crazy scavenger hunt to get those buttons or what?! I would have done the same if I were you. Well worth all the effort :thumbsup2

*The streamers seem like tons of fun, and the best part is that it’ll be easy to clean up :woohoo:

*Good score on the 50% off coupon at Michaels. I always get those, and remember to use them once it expires :confused3

*Great job on the budget! Staying as close as possible to the minimum is one of my main concerns. Having all the brides on here post their purchases is really helpful.

*Your engagement photos are very sweet and fun looking. You can really tell you guys are in love. The location is awesome, and the balloons gave it a great splash of color.

*I love your original color choice. Turquoise is my second favorite color (pink being the first). And since your location is the Swan the coral went perfectly. But I do know you have recently changed this, and I like the white & turquoise as well. I would add silver touches. It’ll look beautiful whatever you decide.

*The Vinylmation soaps are too cute! I don’t know how much they cost for a pack of these, but since you were concerned with them being small maybe you could give a pack instead. Either way if I were a guest I would still think it was a cool idea to even get one Mickey soap. And the Mickey apples are to die for I wanted to run out to the store buy ingredients, and make these but then I realized I would have no one to share them with. And I don’t feel like eating a bag full of apples alone :rotfl2:

*On one of your Quickie trips you & your mommy went to the Boardwalk Bakery. You got the smores cupcake, and it looked yumO!! I went to school for Baking & Pastry Arts, and I decorate cakes & cupcakes for a living. I haven’t been to the Boardwalk Bakery but it’ll be on my to do list for my next trip. Thanks! :hug:

*I wish I lived down there to do the marathon. Looks like so much fun! And those shirts were adorable. You & mom looked fabulous as always!

*FINALLY! My last comment (sorry about the essay…I just figured I’d introduce myself and reply to everything in one entry rather on all the different pages now that I’m caught up). So about your floral…I wouldn’t limit myself to just roses even though they are classic and romantic. There are so many more options, and fun things you can do with a bouquet. As for the cake (since I’m very big on matching) and you've ditched the coral I would just add a little silver to the white and turquoise to give it a little something. On the bridal party topic I think too many people can bring drama, but so can 2 people lol so if you want those people up there I say go for it! It only happens once. Happy planning!

Hi Faith! Great updates. I think the colors are beautiful. Also, adding more to your bridal party can be stressful BUT if you care about these people and want them in your party then do it...I think you will be fine and there won't be a lot of added stress especially because it's guys who are much less emotional and diva-ish lol. :grouphug: The more the merrier!

Okay... so i've been lurking for a while, and i read your PJ a while ago... but i finally grew the cajones to come out and say herroo. I love your color scheme, your dress is absolutely AMAZING!, and the rings and such are gorgeous. you are going to make a beautiful bride!

Congrats on the marathon! What an accomplishment! I bow to your greatness lol. :worship:!

Can't wait to see more!

YAY for updates! Been spending some time catching up on your PJ! :surfweb:

I like the teal and coral together, I think they are beautiful colors, but I understand wanting to keep it just teal. I think it will be gorgeous and you'll be happier in the long run because those colors are more timeless.

As for wedding parties, when DF and I started this wedding planning journey my preference was no more than 4 people on either side. I thought this logistically was a good number. Practically, however, it was impossible. You know how it goes, ask this person, gotta ask that one too. Anyway, in the end we wound up with uneven numbers. I have 7 he has 6. While that number is WAY bigger than I was hoping for, and therefore I am incurring more costs, someone much wiser than me put it this way:
These are the people that are standing up for you at your wedding. They will be the people you run to when you fall on tough times, and they are the ones that will hold youup, give you advice, and put you back on the right path.
Thinking about that changed my view point and I care much less about the number and the unevenness, and more about the people that thought enough of my and my DF to stand up for us. I'm truly honored to have so many people willing to do that for me.
Maybe that helps. If you have people willing to stand up for you, I say the drama is worth it, and the more the merrier!
And finally the cake.... I LOVE the idea of changing the coral to silver. I think that would be uh-AWESOME! :)
Can't wait to see pics!

Hello my lovely ladies!

I feel like it's been forever since I've updated! Honestly, not much is happening around here other than school (boo!) BUT I do have a few updates I'd like to share with ya'll!

First up:
I booked Beaute Speciale for hair and makeup for me! After my amazing trial I had to have Jessica T. do my hair! I also decided to do the airbrush makeup. I'm never fully satisfied with my foundation and figured the airbrush was worth it!

My only issue is that I want to do my eyes myself. I have years of experience with makeup artistry and really am controlling with my makeup :lmao:. I am going to see if I can just pay for the airbrush-- I asked but Veronica kind of avoided my question? Or maybe she didn't see it? :confused3 Either way, I'll be asking!

I also booked my mom for her hair but she may get her makeup done as well.

Since we added a bridal party (see below!) the girls can add on hair and makeup if they want to. I've already emailed them about it and have only heard back from one of them...

Next:
We registered! It was an EPIC process. Since we don't live together we don't have anything. It was SO much fun to register but at the end of the day we were pooped!

We registered at Macy's and Target. We didn't register for china; we're hoping that our guests can find something affordable on the list for them! We tried to register for things in all different price ranges!

Third:
We decided on having a bridal party!! I'm looking forward to spending time with these people. They are by-far the most special in our lives. Here's a brief intro to each of them:
*Liz-- MOH*
523753_10151413015885034_507760033_23237650_50615400_n.jpg

Lizzy is a Disney freak like us. She also loves Harry Potter, Star Wars, Hunger Games, baking, and relaxing. We've been best friends since 10th grade and are pretty much twins! :lmao:

*Kylie and Jamie-- Bridesmaids*
9018_512283579319_187800225_30559474_7630598_n.jpg

These are my twin cousins who are more like sisters to me than anything. Love them so much!

*Caitrin-- Bridesmaid*
27938_1333860382039_1096920411_30998788_1425381_n.jpg

Cait is one of my good friends and Max's sister! We've been friends since we were 11! We don't get to see each other often but she makes me laugh like no other! We always have so much fun together!

*Patrick-- Best Man*
167114_1816350174398_1409421548_2017672_2665376_n.jpg

Patrick is Max's brother! He and his wife will be having a baby Nov. 10th! This was a super easy choice for Max.

*Steve, Ian, Mario, and Ben-- Groomsmen*
282577_146892618726746_100002180263440_281755_7396762_n.jpg

27035_1427392489364_1369367229_31140961_439375_n.jpg

(Don't ask about that first picture, lol! And, the girl pictured is Ben's girlfriend!) Our friends from college! We have a lot of fun together!

A Tentative Day of Schedule!
I just have been chatting with my photog about the day of the wedding-- she helped me put together a timeline!

10am: hair and makeup starts!
1: photog arrives
1:30: hair and makeup ends!
3: first look and formal pictures
4:15: back to the room to freshen up and relax for a bit
4:30/4:45: time to leave! --> or whatever time Diana tells me to be ready!
5: WE GET MARRIED!
5:30: off to the Garden Grove for the reception
7-?: Boardwalk and Atlantic Dance Hall and/or Jellyrolls!

I'm sure I'll be up at 6am that morning!! :lmao: I want to eat somewhere nice that morning and then get room service for lunch.

I think that's all I've got for today-- thanks for following along! :grouphug:

Congrats on selecting a wedding party, it sounds like you picked some fun people!

I'm not sure about the eye question, I'd guess that they won't give you a discount for doing your own eyes.

your timeline sounds good. Leave lots of extra time if you can, we thought we had a ton of time and ended up running late. The more time the better!

Faith,

What a lovely bridal party, I hope they give you lots of help and no stress! :)

Good luck with the last weeks of college. Can't wait to see your DIY projects over the summer.

Yay for registering! I hope you get some good stuff.

I like the timeline. That's what I am trying to work on before our Planning Session in 4 weeks.

Good luck with the training!

Have a great weekend.

Aww what a sweet bridal party!!!
Have you made any decisions about your floral? Are you sticking with all white?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter