• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Faith, Trust & Mickey Glitter" A PTR from a 17 yr old *Updated 9/22* [20 MORE HRS!]

Manda_the_pirate

"All it takes is a little faith, trust, and mickey
Well Hello everyone! My name is Amanda. My family and I are going to Walt Disney World!

Here's the scoop: My mom planned our magical 6th Disney trip from September 19th - October 3rd. (Two days of driving each way!) However, I just started my first semester at college as a post secondary student. Our trip is going to be very long, and I would be missing a lot of school. So I made the difficult, but nessecary decision to fly down a week into our vacation. :sad1: My family will start driving on Saturday, Sept 19th, and I'll fly on September 24th after my classes end. So I'll technically only miss 5 days of the World, but it's 5 too many! So that explanation aside, here are some more details...

We are staying at our favorite value resort, Pop Century! I'll be staying in one room with my sister Kayla (13, going on 14 during the trip!) and sister Becca (11). My mom, dad, brother Owen (8) and brother Evan (6) will be in a room next to us.

We have the free dining package for the 5th year in a row! :woohoo: Oh how I love to eat at WDW. I'll post our ADR's in the coming posts.

So those are the basics! You don't know how excited I am for this trip! Follow me on twitter! I'll be tweeting the whole vacation! twitter.com/disneylubber

Coming up...
Dining ADRs, and Itinerary!

What a coincidence. We're going down on the 19th, and my sister is flying down to meet us on the 24th... Oh wait. I'm Kayla ;)

Alrighty, here is where we will be eating! I loooovveee eating at WDW :cutie:

Sept 20 - L: CS D: CS
Sept 21 - L: Staring Rolls, D: Pizza Planet
Sept 22 - B: Poly at 10:50 L: CS D: Whispering Canyon Café at 8:55
Sept 23 - L: Biergarten at 3:00 D: Yakitori House?
Sept 24 - B: Cape May at 10:50
My first day! -> Sept 25 - B: Tusker House at 10:05 L: CS D: Boma at 9:05
Sept 26 - L: CS D: Raglan Road at 9:00
Sept 27 - L: CS D: Crystal Palace at 6:15
Sept 28 - B: Norway Princess Breakfast at 10:30 L: CS D: Le Cellier at 6:15
Sept 29 - L: Mama Melrose at 3:40 for Fantasmic Package D: CS
Sept 30 - L: CS D: CS
Oct 1 - B: Main Street Bakery (SC) L: CS D: Kona at 8:05
Oct 2 - B/L: F&WF D: Le Cellier 8:05

Here is the itinerary! Remember, I won't be arriving until the 24th!!

Sept 19 - Family leaves the house at 6am, then drives to Kingsland, GA to the Microtel Inn and Suites.
Sept 20 - The family drives from Kingsland to Pop Century. Check in, then head to MK.
Sept 21 (Kayla's birthday) - Family goes to DHS. Kayla gets a free birthday gift card!
Sept 22 - No park
Sept 23 - Epcot
Sept 24 - No park. Family shopping at Walmart, Target, and outlets. I fly into Orlando airport around 10:30. Take Magical Express to POP Century! :woohoo:
Sept 25 - AK
Sept 26 - DTD/Laundry day
Sept 27 - MK
Sept 28 - Epcot
Sept 29 - DHS
Sept 30- DHS
Oct 1 - MK
Oct 2 - Epcot for Food&Wine/Check out day
Oct 3 - DTD? Shopping. Drive 5.5 hours to Microtel Inn and Suites in Waterboro, SC.
Oct 4 - Drive 10.5 hours home :mad:

Family leaves in 5 days! I leave in 10 days!!!

Alright everyone, the family is leaving in only 4 days! I have only 8 more days (not counting next Thursday during the afternoon). I have soooooo much to do before then. Here's my to do list:

 Pack bag to send with family by Friday (Don't want to pay to check luggage)
 Organize flight information
 Call my online highschool to request school off
 Organize/vacuum my room
 Prepare Disboard tags
 Change the hamster bedding
 Make sure my work is covered
 Homework, homework, homework
 Pack bags!

It's going to be tough getting through those 5 days while the family is in Disney without me. :guilty: But I've made arrangements to stay at my Grammy's house! We haven't spent much time together lately, so it will be nice to catch up. :lovestruc I'll be kept very busy!

On Saturday, (the day the family leaves) I have to work. Sunday I'll go to church, then do homework, then go to youth group. Monday I'll do more homework, then I have to go to work. Tuesday I have school, then work. Wednesday: packing, homework then work. Thursday: school til 3:00, then flight to Disney at 6:30!!!!! So I might not even have time to be sad that my family is gone!

8 MORE DDDDAAAAYYYS!!!

P.S. If you are lurking, it would be great to hear from you!

Alrighty everyone it's crunch time! It's gonna be mayhem at our house!!! The family is leaving early Saturday morning, so tomorrow is the final packing/cleaning day. My mamma has to work til 4:30, and I have to pick up my dad (who is a long distance truck driver). That means they will only have limited evening hours to finish getting ready. I personally don't have a ton to do. (other than pick up my dad, pack one bag and help everyone clean!) But I know the family is going to be busy. I'm excited for them, and a little sad. I still don't know how it's going to be with them in disney and me staying home to work and go to school. :confused3 But like I said before, my decision to stay home was a necessary one.

So to keep me happy for those 5 days I'll be missing out, I plan to watch one Disney movie per night. :happytv: And I have the Fantasmic soundtrack in my car. I can almost get through the whole show on the car ride to school! And of course I can read my mom's Tweets from the parks. It will almost be like I'm in the parks with them. Almost... LOL

Ohh, another fun thing to look forward to... TOY STORY 1 & 2 IN 3D!!! When we get back from Disney, my sister Kayla and I are already planning to go with our fellow TS fans James and Merrick. It's going to be awesome! :3dglasses

1 DAY FOR FAMILY, 6 DAYS FOR ME!!!

So my family left this morning. I layed in bed at 5:30 am and listened to them get ready. Then the door closed and the van pulled out. I felt so alone. But I worked this morning from 9-1:30. Now I'm sitting at my Grammy's watching TV. (I should be doing homework! :rolleyes1) So I've got things to do, but I still wish I were on my way to Disney too! Oh well... 5 days isn't that long, right?

Any suggestions for what Disney movies I should watch tonight?

5 DAYYYYYSSS pirate:

Hey everyone! So last night I got together with some of my girlfriends that I haven't seen in a while. It was pretty fun! My friend Katie is going to cosmetology school, so we decided to let her color our hair. :cutie: So I put a very vibrant although somewhat hidden purple strip in my hair. I like it... But when I showed my grandma, she was like "It looks like your brother colored you hair with a marker while you were asleep". I laughed. :rotfl:

I decided to post a couple of pictures from last year.

245.jpg

Kayla and I practicing our princess pose at 1900 Park Fare

270.jpg

Owen is ready for duty!

DisneyWorld2008047.jpg

Kayla, Owen, Ariel and I! (I thought this Ariel looked especially authentic!!)

DisneyWorld2008125.jpg

Becca! I'm not sure what her dessert is called, but I want one!

DisneyWorld2008273.jpg

Mommy and Evan

DisneyWorld2008314.jpg

Evan and I are Norwegian troll hunters :rolleyes:

DisneyWorld2008376.jpg

Evan and Owen got to participate in the Flag ceremony at the end of the day in MK

299.jpg

WE LOVE MINNIE MOUSE!

138.jpg

There's one with dad!

442.jpg

4 MORE DAYYSSS!!! :upsidedow

Tomorrow I'm going to pack my bags! Here is my packing list: Am I missing anything?

Disney Packing List 2009

Clothing & Accessories

Shirts/Tanks
Shorts/skirts
Jeans
Dresses
Underwear
Bras
Pajamas
Socks
Crocs
Flip flops
Tennis shoes
Head bands/clips
Jewelry/Scarves
Sunglasses
Swimsuits
Towel

Toiletries

Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Deodorant
Sunscreen
Lip balm w/sunscreen
Face wash
Body lotion
Q-Tips
Makeup
Razors
Tweezers
Nail clippers
Nail file
Hair brush/comb
Hair gel/mousse
Hair spray

Other Items

Cameras
Camera batteries, charger, data cable
Cell phone w/charger
MP3 player
Laptop computer, charger
Umbrella
Backpack
Lanyard
Large zip top bags
Earplugs
Pillows
Pins for trading
School books
Journal
Disboard tags
Autograph book
Fat pen for character autographs
Rain poncho

Paperwork

Plane tickets (make copies)
Cash/gift cards
Checkbook
Drivers license/IDs
Health insurance card
Airport Maps/directions

First Aid

Band-Aids
Excedrin
Motion sickness remedies
Eye drops

46 MORE HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter