Fall 2012 Disney College Program Applicants

yellowlabforever

DIS Veteran
So I saw a thread for Fall Advantage, but not one for regular Fall 2012! I figured I'll start it with applications coming up very soon! :cool1:

A little about myself: I am yellowlabforever (or YLF), 20 year old Sophomore (will be turning 21 right as the program begins) and have been a member of the Disboards since about 2009. My favorite Disney movie is Lilo and Stitch and my favorite Disney television show is Phineas and Ferb. I also love Team Starkid. Joey Richter's my favorite, closely followed by Lauren Lopez :goodvibes

I am a music education major, and I play the bassoon! I am also in my University's marching band and orchestra. I play in my first real pit orchestra for Mozart's Cosi Fan Tutti in February. :woohoo:

I also just got back from a few days trip to the Grand Floridian, and I'm working on my trip report for that as well :thumbsup2

So with applications opening soon, I'll start this off with a couple of questions!

Why do you want to do the college program, and what are your top five roles?

I'll start!
I want to do the college program because I feel it will be a good first step into the Disney company itself. I noticed that there was a Music Education Professional Internship only available to college program grads a while back, and of course I love WDW, so it seems natural to me to apply (it's been a dream of mine since high school)! Plus it will give me the work experience with people I need in order to further myself as a music educator, and best of all I get to work at WDW, my happy place :cloud9:

On top of that, Fall 2012 is when I'll be having my 21st birthday. What better way than to spend it in WDW itself, possibly working in one of the parks! :yay:

As for my top five roles, they are
1) Attractions (preferred: Soarin, or anywhere in Epcot/DHS would work)
2) Main Entrance Operations
3) Concierge/Hospitality
4) Merchandise
5) QSFB
(and possibly I might audition for Character Performer, will wait for audition lists to be put up)

So here it is! Introduce yourself, say hi, answer the questions, say how excited you are to apply for the college program, anything really! This is a thread for us Fall 2012 applicants to completely enjoy ourselves as we go through the process! :wizard:

hey guys!!! Im also applying for the CP for Fall 2012 because I graduate in May which is pretty exciting!

Does anyone know when the Fall CP's begin like what the dates are? I keep looking on the website to see when they will begin to start taking applicantions... But with the Program in mind I cannot wait to get started it is like a present to your self after graduating college!!!!

What are some roles everyone is interested in?

When will applications for Fall 2012 be available?

When will applications for Fall 2012 be available?

I've heard that they'll be up around the 23rd, although I've also heard the 20th. It seems like the general consensus of the Facebook group is around the 20th-23rd or so, but these are just rumors.

I just want to apply! I'm really excited to go through the application process. :yay:

This will be my second program. My last program was Spring 2012. Hoping to get Fall Advantage 2012.

My top choices are:

1) Character Attendant
2) Concierge
3) Attractions

Can't wait to start the whole process again.

This will be my second program. My last program was Spring 2012. Hoping to get Fall Advantage 2012.

My top choices are:

1) Character Attendant
2) Concierge
3) Attractions

Can't wait to start the whole process again.

Hey! I'm in New Orleans too! What college are you at?! And my top will be attendant too! You know...in three years...:goodvibes Do you have a blog or something that I can follow?

Edit:never mind I just creeped your Facebook. YOU WENT TO RUMMEL? IM A CHAPELLETTE!

And sorry guys, I realize this isn't exactly the right place for this, I'm just excited.

Hey! I'm in New Orleans too! What college are you at?! And my top will be attendant too! You know...in three years...:goodvibes Do you have a blog or something that I can follow?

Edit:never mind I just creeped your Facebook. YOU WENT TO RUMMEL? IM A CHAPELLETTE!

And sorry guys, I realize this isn't exactly the right place for this, I'm just excited.

Lol sorry to be a creeper too...lol! I dated a guy who went to rummel on my program! I have lots of rummel shirts(at my moms house as my now husband doesn't appreciate me having them lol!)

Good luck to both you guys whenever you apply :goodvibes

Haha, that's cool. I go to UNO. Hope to graduate by July!!

Hello all!

I would love to do the Fall 2012 CP! I will be coming from California where I did the CP at Disneyland. I loved it and can't wait for the applications to go up!

Hey the names Taylor (insert boy not a girl rant here...) im hoping to do my third cp this fall. i did the fall 2010 program in custodial at epcot in future world, then the spring 2011 in attractions at Disney quest... I would love to work at the haunted mansion! ...umm if im accepted i would spend my 21st birthday at disney (drinking around the world during food and wine lol :D ) which would be epic!

Hey the names Taylor (insert boy not a girl rant here...) im hoping to do my third cp this fall. i did the fall 2010 program in custodial at epcot in future world, then the spring 2011 in attractions at Disney quest... I would love to work at the haunted mansion! ...umm if im accepted i would spend my 21st birthday at disney (drinking around the world during food and wine lol :D ) which would be epic!

Hey there! I turn 21 during the program too :thumbsup2 Although it is early in the program, I hope there is an arrival date on my birthday, that would be cool!

Lol sorry to be a creeper too...lol! I dated a guy who went to rummel on my program! I have lots of rummel shirts(at my moms house as my now husband doesn't appreciate me having them lol!)

Good luck to both you guys whenever you apply :goodvibes

That is so awesome! Small world!

Hey there! I turn 21 during the program too :thumbsup2 Although it is early in the program, I hope there is an arrival date on my birthday, that would be cool!

for me its Aug 29TH, i spent my 19th hanging out with friends (not in the parks.....;) ) and then we went to HoB for dinner. It was great, but i wish we could have gone to see illuminations. :cool1:

for me its Aug 29TH, i spent my 19th hanging out with friends (not in the parks.....;) ) and then we went to HoB for dinner. It was great, but i wish we could have gone to see illuminations. :cool1:

Mine is September 1st :cool1: I have always wanted to spend a birthday in the parks!

Hello :)

I'm applying for Fall 2012 (decided as of yesterday XD). I've been going back and forth about it for about three years now. A combination of one of my best friends getting accepted for Spring 2012, and talking to some of the crew members on Disney Cruise Line who started their Disney careers in the CP, I have been convinced to give it a shot. Also the fact that it will buy me an extra semester to decide if I want to go to university or not is a plus (I'm about to finish my associate's in Audio Production at a community college).

I will also be turning 21 during the program (September 18th).

Top Choices:
Attractions
Merchandise
Main Entrance Operations
Custodial
Character Performer (I'm 97% sure I'd never get it though)

I'd probably take any roll, but if I get stuck in QSFB I will be really sad (I worked in food service jobs through most of high school and hated every second of it).

Sorry if this was kind of long XD

Hey guys! I'm Emily, and I'm also applying for Fall 2012. If you guys aren't on the Facebook group, get there! There are a ton of awesome people applying for the program.

Top role choices would have to be: 1) BBB FGIT, 2) Character Attendant, 3) Attractions, 4) Merch

I'll be turning 20 on the program (September 21!) if I'm accepted. And to add to the New Orleans love at the beginning of the thread... I'm from New York, but I'm OBSESSED with New Orleans. It's my favorite place on the planet. I almost went to Tulane, but I couldn't make it work financially. :(

Anyway, can't wait to get to know everyone. Apps should be up any day, so best of luck!

Hi everyone, I'm Maria. I'm 21 and a senior at Temple University, so I'll be graduating in May. I'm applying for both Disney World and Disney Land, and hoping for the best. I've been anxiously awaiting for applications to come out, and since they just made a post about them coming out in a week I decided to make a final list of my role choices.

WDW:
1. Concierge
2. PhotoPass
3. Merch
4. Main Entrance
5. Attrations

DL:
1. Front Desk
2. Guest Services
3. PhotoPass
4. Retail Sales
5. Ticket Taker
6. Attractions

Good luck to everyone once apps come out!

Hey guys! I'm Emily, and I'm also applying for Fall 2012. If you guys aren't on the Facebook group, get there! There are a ton of awesome people applying for the program.

Top role choices would have to be: 1) BBB FGIT, 2) Character Attendant, 3) Attractions, 4) Merch

I'll be turning 20 on the program (September 21!) if I'm accepted. And to add to the New Orleans love at the beginning of the thread... I'm from New York, but I'm OBSESSED with New Orleans. It's my favorite place on the planet. I almost went to Tulane, but I couldn't make it work financially. :(

Anyway, can't wait to get to know everyone. Apps should be up any day, so best of luck!

Ah it's okay. Tulane isn't that fun anyway:) And if you do end up getting your first choice, I would love to hear about it! I haven't heard too many CP experiences at BBB.

Hey everyone! My name is Carly. I applied for Spring 2012 but unfortunately I was pending for over 3 months before I was rejected. But I'm so excited to have the chance to apply again for the Fall!!!! I'm 19 but I'll be 20 when the program starts.

My top roles are Attractions, Merchandise, and Character Attendant!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter