Fall 2014 DCP Applications

I'm so excited! I just got my link for the web based interview!:goodvibes

Just curious- did you all receive "thank you for applying" email before the invitation to take your web based interview? I am curious because I haven't gotten an invitation yet and am not wondering if I won't even get to do the WBI.

Just curious- did you all receive "thank you for applying" email before the invitation to take your web based interview? I am curious because I haven't gotten an invitation yet and am not wondering if I won't even get to do the WBI.

Yes, I got the 'Thank you for applying' email, then the WBI email following that. They're pretty busy, the site was lagging considerably.

Yes, I got the 'Thank you for applying' email, then the WBI email following that. They're pretty busy, the site was lagging considerably.

Oh thank goodness! I want to get in very bad, but I started panicking when I saw that others had gotten their interviews but I hadn't. I'm in CA, so maybe it has to do with location?

I saw that others had gotten their interviews but I hadn't. I'm in CA, so maybe it has to do with location?

You may want to read the email carefully-

Especially the part about that you have until April 18th to be asked to interview and that not everyone will be interviewed.

Everyone's process is different and you would be doing yourself a disservice comparing your process to the process of others.

Just applied! Fall 2014 as first choice, Moderate Interest in Quick Service, Full Service, Hospitality, Bell Services, High Interest in Merchandise. Low in Concierge.

Anybody else having site issues? I started my app last night and saved as a draft when I got to ranking job areas since it was late and I wanted to take time to go through all of the options. Now my Dashboard is blank, and seems to be having trouble loading my stuff, as it can't find the resumes I uploaded for previous applications for other jobs, or me recent application history, and when I click "Review Saved Drafts" it just opens a new window with the same dashboard :confused3. I'm hoping it's just that the high traffic is causing some temporary issues and it'll pop up soon.

UPDATE: It works when I log in on my dad's computer, so I'm going to chalk this up to the fact that my laptop hates me sometimes. Or I just got lucky trying from a different computer. Cheers, and good luck everyone!

Well, didn't get it this time. Little discouraged, but it was my first time, and I always have Spring 2015 to try for.

I applied this morning and within two hours got an email to schedule a phone interview. I didn't get one about the WBI

You may want to read the email carefully-

Especially the part about that you have until April 18th to be asked to interview and that not everyone will be interviewed.

Everyone's process is different and you would be doing yourself a disservice comparing your process to the process of others.

Thanks. I tend to stress myself out and worry about everything. So thank you for helping pull me back down to earth :)

Anybody else having site issues? I started my app last night and saved as a draft when I got to ranking job areas since it was late and I wanted to take time to go through all of the options. Now my Dashboard is blank, and seems to be having trouble loading my stuff, as it can't find the resumes I uploaded for previous applications for other jobs, or me recent application history, and when I click "Review Saved Drafts" it just opens a new window with the same dashboard :confused3. I'm hoping it's just that the high traffic is causing some temporary issues and it'll pop up soon.

UPDATE: It works when I log in on my dad's computer, so I'm going to chalk this up to the fact that my laptop hates me sometimes. Or I just got lucky trying from a different computer. Cheers, and good luck everyone!

Do you need to upload a Resume when you apply for the College Program? (Or at what point?)
Good Luck!

Just don't understand, my daughter just took the web interview, and answered the questions positively, but was not accepted. Is it just the luck of the draw? She has good job experience, and a very positive attitude. She is devastated and I am devastated for her. She will try again next time but she really wanted to go in the fall. Can anyone tell us how they choose? Is it merely random? I've seen so many kids say the same thing that they don't know why they were rejected, there's got to be some reasoning

I'm new to this, If you are interested in Spring of 2015 should you apply now or in August? And can anyone discuss the phone interview? is it long?

Just don't understand, my daughter just took the web interview, and answered the questions positively, but was not accepted. Is it just the luck of the draw? She has good job experience, and a very positive attitude. She is devastated and I am devastated for her. She will try again next time but she really wanted to go in the fall. Can anyone tell us how they choose? Is it merely random? I've seen so many kids say the same thing that they don't know why they were rejected, there's got to be some reasoning

I applied and got to the web interview before being denied as well. It is disheartening, and I sent in a question to a person who has done the program several times. This was their response:

Sometimes the Roles you choose don’t match up the results of the WBI. Most of the time, that’s what it is. There may be other factors but we haven’t come across them.

WBI is a personality test. Yes, you want to be truthful but do you stay who are really are when you are working? Therefore with the WBI you should try to answer it with the mentality of a Cast Member. When I was with the Disney Company, there was Cast Member Jasmine and there was Regular Jasmine. Regular Jasmine is shy and does not like to approach people, really introverted. Cast Member Jasmine had no problems approaching Guests, always smiling, everything you see in Disney’s Cast Members.

I'm new to this, If you are interested in Spring of 2015 should you apply now or in August? And can anyone discuss the phone interview? is it long?

If you want to apply for Spring 2015, you need to wait until the next round of Applications - usually they'll start in September I believe.

Thank you Irish Mike. It is going to be so hard to wait. I am near Rochester, like yourself, and it is so COLD here.:eek:
I can't help but dream of sunshine and palm trees!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter