Fall free QSDP crew

TeamBlack

Mouseketeer
We have done Fall FD in the past, but have always got the DDP. This year mods got QS. Initially we were going to upgrade to DDP. But the $700+ price tag for a family of 5 for 11 nights made us think again. Then I thought that if we pay OOP for the TS and stayed under $700 we would be ahead.
I've had a moment of clarity and decided to cancel all TS ADR's and fully embrace our new QS reality. We've been watching Craig, Steve, and Ryno doing their QS dining reviews on YT and were getting excited. Our plans wont be tied to ADR times, we'll just eat where we are, when we're hungry.
If you are in the same QS boat, feel free to join the crew.
Add QS menu items that will break up the burger and fries monotony.
P.S. we kept Boma ADR, its our must do.

Joining here. We've done both dining plans in the past and actually prefer not being tied down to a lot of reservation times. A few of our "must-hits" are BOG for lunch and Columbia Harbour House.

CHH will be on our list, the lobster roll looks good. Yak and Yeti looks like a good QS location as well

We've only done QS FD and love it! Sure it would be nice to eat TS, but we cherish not being tied to reservations for our meals...with the only exception being BOG :) Some of our favorite QS locations are BOG (both bfast and lunch), CHH, Pecos Bill, Sunshine Seasons, Yak and Yeti, WGPE, Blaze, Captain Cooks, and Gasparilla Grill. We are looking forward to trying out The Polite Pig too. We've always eaten wonderfully and had no problems finding great variety. QS isn't just hamburgers, chicken nuggets, and french fries, although these items are certainly available :) Have a great time on your trip!

We paid for the regular DDP on a previous trip. Enjoyed the restaurants, but hated being tied to reservations every day. Last year we booked free dining for the first time and had the QS plan. What a game changer for our vacation. Much more relaxed and so nice to go eat when we actually felt like it. We still did one or two TS meals paying OOP, but we were also there for 2 weeks so having a couple ressies wasn't a big deal. We were amazed at some of the meals that weren't your typical burgers and nuggets. I'm happy to say we have another trip planned with free QS again.

Some of our favorites:
Wolfgang Puck Express (marketplace)
DLuxe Burger
Sunshine Seasons
Columbia Harbor House
Flame Tree BBQ
La Cantina San Angel
Yorkshire Fish
Casey's
BOG PPO breakfast
Backlot Express

We paid for the regular DDP on a previous trip. Enjoyed the restaurants, but hated being tied to reservations every day. Last year we booked free dining for the first time and had the QS plan. What a game changer for our vacation. Much more relaxed and so nice to go eat when we actually felt like it. We still did one or two TS meals paying OOP, but we were also there for 2 weeks so having a couple ressies wasn't a big deal. We were amazed at some of the meals that weren't your typical burgers and nuggets. I'm happy to say we have another trip planned with free QS again.

Some of our favorites:
Wolfgang Puck Express (marketplace)
DLuxe Burger
Sunshine Seasons
Columbia Harbor House
Flame Tree BBQ
La Cantina San Angel
Yorkshire Fish
Casey's
BOG PPO breakfast
Backlot Express

I saw the menu for Flame Tree. Are all items included for QS, or is there an upcharge for the most expensive items? Like the ribs and chicken plate that is almost $20.

I saw the menu for Flame Tree. Are all items included for QS, or is there an upcharge for the most expensive items? Like the ribs and chicken plate that is almost $20.
The platter counts as one QS credit which is why it's so awesome.

I think we ordered 2 platters to share between the 4 of us and only used 2 credits. It was more than enough food.

Last edited:

I'm joining in! This is the first trip for us with QSDP. We have used Tables in Wonderland on our trips the past 5 years and but it's time to let that go and try something different. I am really excited to not be tied down to ADRs. My only worry is the crowds and trying to find tables in the heat of the summer. This is what turned me off to QS years ago. Our trip is next month so I'm currently checking out all the menus.

My only worry is the crowds and trying to find tables in the heat of the summer. This is what turned me off to QS years ago.

The trick to avoiding this is eating off peak. Eat a very light breakfast and hit the parks as early as you can. Plan to break at 11:00 when the attraction crowds are getting heavy and hit the Quick Service of your choice before everyone else is trying to get lunch. If you mess up and find it closer to 12 and you haven't eaten, just grab a snack at a convenient stand to hold you over until mid-afternoon.

We love the QSDP! Earl of Sandwich, Cookes, Yaki and Yeti.....YUMMY!!!
Not sure if you still can, but last time we used 2 QS credits and got a full pizza! This was at Pop and we had leftovers.

I didn't upgrade this trip. I did book one TS meal at TH for breakfast with the RoL pkg. Since almost all of our CS credits will be used for lunches and dinners, I thought it would be nice to have a warm breakfast part way through our trip.

We are booked for free QSDP in December. This will be our 1st time on the QSDP. We have only done the regular DP in the past. Our 4 year old DS doesn't do well in restaurants so it should be much better for us.

Joining the group! We're going QSDP all the way! (with the exception of 2 TS meals for an eight day stay) Looking forward to getting lots of good suggestions!

We were going to stay moderate, but when they switched it to QS, we stuck with values. Slightly bummed because we did QS last trip, but not bummed that I don't have to pay tips or keep a bunch of reservations.

So, I saw people saying that Disney is no longer letting people trade drinks for snacks in the parks, but do you know if you can still get a slushy or something as your drink if they have it? Also, does anyone know if they still let you trade out your drink for a snack at your resort since you already have a mug?

The trick to avoiding this is eating off peak. Eat a very light breakfast and hit the parks as early as you can. Plan to break at 11:00 when the attraction crowds are getting heavy and hit the Quick Service of your choice before everyone else is trying to get lunch. If you mess up and find it closer to 12 and you haven't eaten, just grab a snack at a convenient stand to hold you over until mid-afternoon.

^^^ This is what we do -- We usually have a breakfast bar or something for breakfast, lunch around 11am'ish, and a snack (or two, lol) mid day and then dinner either early, or pretty late. It's super nice to not have to worry about ADR's and schedules. We eat when we want, where we want, and honestly, it's rarely a burger. Sometimes, we'll have a late "big" breakfast, and then a late "big" lunch and that's it for the day. Plus, when it's hot, none of us really "eat" much anyway. (Our next trip is Aug when it's super hot and humid there)
as a side note, We have tried all the dining plans except the Deluxe - We prefer to do the QS Dining. I do laugh a little when people go on & on about "I could never do CS only, I MUST have TS, if I can't have TS I'd rather just save until I can afford to have TS.." I don't comment, but I laugh a little and think, sometimes, it's not about the $$.. The 3 times we tried the DDP, we wasted so much food and overstuffed ourselves so much - plus we spent a huge amount of time in restaurants. We prefer the QS plan as there is a huge variety of types of food available, and we can be "spur of the moment" as to what type of food we are in the mood to eat and are not locked down to a schedule tied to ADR's. It's what works for our family.

We have shared meals several times at CS (our family share 2 or 3 meals) and then the "extra" credits, we will use to buy a large pizza back @ the resort (usually takes 2 QS credits) for a late dinner or lunch by the pool or something.
Some of our favorite CS locations are at Disney Springs and the Board walk.

DH and I can't wait to do the QSDP for our November trip.
This will be our 3rd Disney trip and the first 2 we had the free DDP. We enjoyed it, but I want something different. We have the free QSDP at POP November 14-20. LOVE the thought of not being tied to ADRs. Not having to pay tips on those ridiculous TS prices. Not having a meal take 1.5-2 hours of park time.
It's going to be a blast!
We will definitely do CHH, probably a couple times. Love it! Pecos Bill (last trip DH and I got one fajita platter plus a side of chips to share and couldn't finish it.) Probably Flame Tree. Not sure about HS, nothing too attractive there for QS.
We may do 1 or 2 OOP TS meals, but we will wait until we are there and see what's available.

We got 2 of those platters plus a pulled pork sandwich meal, using 3 QS credits for our family of 5 and were not able to finish all that food. And our kids are big kids--16, 14, and 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter