• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall frenzy- what are you booking?

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what everyone is looking to book for Fall 2022.
I work every 3rd weekend, DH works every 4th weekend, we have 2 kids in elementary school and one in college. Having a hard time picking when to go to WDW.

Just for fun- when are you going to Wdw and why that time?

I am choosing between-
Oct 23-29 for all things fall, kids have many half days that week, our Universal AP’s our good until Oct. 31 so we can sneak in a day there, Boo Bash

Nov. 1-Nov. 6 Wine and Dine 10k shortest yet cheapest trip/ no holiday activities/ but having a RunDisney race planned keeps me running

Week after Thanksgiving- Xmas 🎄 at WDW! Longest trip since DH and I both have the weekends off this week. Of course, DD will be home from college that weekend and not too happy we go off to WDW the weekend she is home. (Oldest DD is not coming no matter which week we go)

Nov 9-13th long Veteran's Day weekend. Taking a mother/daughter trip (daughter will be a Senior in high school)

Not going next fall, because we have the DCL transatlantic and then a Celebrity cruise to the Mediterranean. We will be going the first week in December though. So, have to plan for that stay, which will probably be December 1-10.

Oct 23 - Nov 6 for husband & I (BWV 1 bdrm)
then, Oct 29 - Nov 6 for our son & DIL (BWV/RIV Studios)
Thankfully, the 1 bdrm should be easy. Unfortunately, not so much for the Studios :rolleyes:

Next fall is going to be a couple of short, but big!, trips for us. Planning on taking my godson on his first Disney trips (oh, and his parents too. ;-) ). We're looking at a couple nights Grand Villa at AKV then a couple nights Grand Villa at CCV (unless I balk at spending all those points, in which case we'll likely get a 2BR + studio at each -- or if we decide we want to do Disney over February vacation break, in which case I need points for that week, and the two trips would be in the same UY). And then in November, we'll do a Cabin at CCV over Thanksgiving and then are doing a cruise on the Disney Wish on Thanksgiving weekend.

Thinking it will be 9/9 or 9/10 to 9/22 or 9/16 or 9/17 to 9/29. My mom said my Dad is coming next time after leaving him home alone to interesting things happening, but he is not sold on it. If he goes, we will leave for Disney around 9/9 or 9/10 and will be there for Mom's birthday. If he does not go, we will go a week later, so we will be at home for her birthday so he can spend it with her. And where will be whatever looks open at 7 months.

We just booked for 9/20-23, 2022 at BLT…couldn't even get a standard studio at 11 months so I booked a Lake View. We leave on our B2B Disney Wish on 9/23/22, so this is just a couple park days prior to that :goodvibes

4 day trip over Labor Day. It's the lowest crowds of the 3 day weekends and F&W is going on by then. I was able to end up with a BWV standard studio so a relatively cheap trip point wise. Booze-wise that'll be a different story! 😀

October 16-22 BWV 2 studios. I'm hoping for one standard and one boardwalk view, but I'm not sure where everyone who is walking is going to land their walk. I may end up with 2 garden/pool view rooms. I should probably try to hop on board with the walking.

We are planning for Thanksgiving week. Our older one will move into the intermediate school next year (in fourth grade) and we can no longer pull her out of school for 6 days to do a January or May trip. I can’t go on their April break because I teach at a university and our breaks never line up.

We haven't thought about it much, but if we want our home BWV, we need to get serious soon! We usually wait until school calendar comes out, (in November,) to check dates and book fall break. If not then, hopefully our typical Thanksgiving trip!. DD will be in college, so no idea what kind of schedule she'll have. We'll probably book BWV, as a split, and then switch all/part of it to another resort at 7 months... I've never stayed at BRV/CCV, so would love one of those for part of the stay!

Last edited:
Five days onsite at Universal for four HHN events :) & onto AKV for 6 nights end of September.

instead of normal Friday after Thanksgiving start to our Xmas trip, thinking of perhaps coming in the 1st or 2nd week of December, probably the same as this years…4 nights at AKV & another 4 at WLV>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter