Fall room discounts?

We're looking to head down in September for F/W. I've talked to four different people who all told me to wait until later in the summer for discounts (which of course puts a crux on the 60 day FP access if we don't have a room booked soon ...) 🤷

Things seem odd this year - over the last few years, I've always been able to to find something discounted through google/orbitz, etc and there's nothing. No points to rent, and not a large inventory of base rooms. (I have however, found the Waldorf Astoria for $160 plus resort fee, which is super tempting). Has Disney put a block on how they are allotting rooms?

Given the turnout at Disneyland, I'm not sure what their strategy is ....
If you’re going either way (with or without a discount) you should go ahead and book now so you don’t miss your FP window. If a discount comes out you can rebook under the discount without losing your fast passes.

Also I would avoid this anyway unless you were fine booking at rack rate. If everyone booked at full price hoping for a discount later, Disney would be even less likely to offer anything since they are already booked. If you will go either way to that specific hotel sure, but otherwise it’s not a great idea if you want a discount.
Your comments makes sense, but wondering if the Disney hotels typically sell out? We booked POP more than a year early (for next summer), but we went ahead with booking at the rack rate to be sure we had a room at that resort (esp as it's one of the cheaper hotels and it's getting the skyliner).

How do discounts work if you are already booked?

You just call after the discount is released and they apply the discount to your booking! That's what I've done in the past, anyway, and am assuming it's still the same?

I don't think that is necessarily true anymore. You call and if there are still rooms available in the discounted room block, they will move you over. I think they technically cancel your original reservation and rebook a new one. I think this is also done when you want to add or delete a day on the front or back end of your trip. If your whole trip isn't available under the discount, they may tell you there is no availability. I think that is how a lot of us end up with split stays.

I almost fell over when I saw an email from Disney Destinations today accompanied by a 30% off pin code. Sadly, it only applies for stays through 8-28. Maybe when they see no one else is biting at summer bookings they'll move on to offering fall discounts? Fingers crossed for mid November!!!!

Can anyone tell me what dates are usually included in a Fall Discount? Do they ever extend into December?

I almost fell over when I saw an email from Disney Destinations today accompanied by a 30% off pin code. Sadly, it only applies for stays through 8-28. Maybe when they see no one else is biting at summer bookings they'll move on to offering fall discounts? Fingers crossed for mid November!!!!
I did too! I was so excited,...... until I saw the dates. What a let down.

What happens if a resort stay spans 2 different promotional discounts? I currently have half of my stay at the AP discounted rate that ends August 28. The second half of the stay is at rack rate. IF a promotion comes out that starts where my discount ends, can I apply that new discount to the second half of my stay (without losing the discount I already have?

I think we have all been spoiled (myself included) with going ahead and booking a room anticipating a discount. Then of course calling (or having our travel agent call) and having the discount applied. Sort of defeats the purpose if Disney is nearly fully booked of them offering a discount at all. That being said they have a slightly different business model in that they would probably want 100% of their rooms full at 85% percent price than 85% of rooms full at 100% price because of the revenue from tickets, food, souvenir's and parking,

Playing around with the dates of our Mid-November trip there seems to be very little availability with either a resort fully booked or only certain room types available. I don't know the X factors such as blocks of rooms being held until released or possibly Disney not planning on having a certain building/floor available.

I'm still hopeful for a discount but not holding my breath. I'm thinking if a discount is released its going to be very limited to a few resorts with only a scattered number of weeks during the fall.

We are wanting to attend the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine classic which is the weekend Nov 8-10 which is also Veterans Day Holiday weekend. So about 3 weeks ago I was checking availability at the Epcot resorts and the only rooms available, I didn’t check Villas, were a few Club rooms. Then after a week some Boardwalk water view opened up and then I checked yesterday and they have standard view available. I don’t know what this means but I’m thinking a conference had several rooms blocked and now canceling the extra OR people are tired of waiting on discounts and are choosing elsewhere. 🤷🏼‍♀️

What has me a bit annoyed is the AP Discount. While I understand nothing is guaranteed, the benefits guide clearly states
Room Discounts Special offers for discounted rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels are available select times of the year for Passholders.
If historically, AP discounts were given for Fall,and released by now, I wish Disney would come out and tell us, yes there will be or no there won't be.

What happens if a resort stay spans 2 different promotional discounts? I currently have half of my stay at the AP discounted rate that ends August 28. The second half of the stay is at rack rate. IF a promotion comes out that starts where my discount ends, can I apply that new discount to the second half of my stay (without losing the discount I already have?
You will have to do two separate reservations to apply two separate discounts. If a discount comes out that covers that Labor Day weekend (not a given, it was excluded from Bouncebackand they can start the next discount on Sept 2nd or 3rd), you should modify your first reservation to end Aug 28 and then add a second reservation for Aug 29th on.

We are wanting to attend the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine classic which is the weekend Nov 8-10 which is also Veterans Day Holiday weekend. So about 3 weeks ago I was checking availability at the Epcot resorts and the only rooms available, I didn’t check Villas, were a few Club rooms. Then after a week some Boardwalk water view opened up and then I checked yesterday and they have standard view available. I don’t know what this means but I’m thinking a conference had several rooms blocked and now canceling the extra OR people are tired of waiting on discounts and are choosing elsewhere. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Imho it means nothing. People are just making some decisions on fall break. That weekend is high on tourist bookings with Veterans & Jersey Week.

they're pretty consistent on when offered...…..with the exception of this year. o_O

Doug :goofy:

For the sake of accuracy, I think the only thing consistent is that discounts happen eventually. I wouldn't call this year in particular an outlier or exception.

2015: Discounts for 10/4-12/23 came out 7/20
2016: Discounts for 8/1-11/5 came out 4/25, 11/6-12/23 came out 8/8 but still had a lot of blackouts
2017: Discounts for 10/8-12/24 (but still with some blackouts) came out 7/17
2018: Discounts for 10/8-12/24 came out 6/26

We're a little later than last year for October-on, though summer/September discounts came early. If we got October discounts by July 23rd this year though, it wouldn't actually be out of line with years prior.

For the sake of accuracy, I think the only thing consistent is that discounts happen eventually. I wouldn't call this year in particular an outlier or exception.

2015: Discounts for 10/4-12/23 came out 7/20
2016: Discounts for 8/1-11/5 came out 4/25, 11/6-12/23 came out 8/8 but still had a lot of blackouts
2017: Discounts for 10/8-12/24 (but still with some blackouts) came out 7/17
2018: Discounts for 10/8-12/24 came out 6/26

We're a little later than last year for October-on, though summer/September discounts came early. If we got October discounts by July 23rd this year though, it wouldn't actually be out of line with years prior.

Every cast member I’ve talked to said later summer/end of July, so it would be in line with what you explained above!

The only room discount I've seen that includes the last few days of August and the month of September is for military. Have you come across something I'm missing?

only one discount can be applied to a reservation. Disney will help you figure out the best discount for your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter