falmouth jamaica

Are there places to get jerk chicken/pork inside the port area? We just want to shop and find a good place to eat close to the ship.

Yes, the port is very controlled and is full of shops, restaurants, bars, and stands that sell food, clothing, and souvenirs. You can buy just about any typical Jamaican item, including jerk chicken/pork, blue mountain coffee, Bob Marley tshirts, etc. so you can get your instant Jamaican experience and get back right on the ship. The port is very clean and seemed quite safe. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous, there is a taxi stand at the end of the port. We hired a taxi driver to take us to Dunns River Falls - around $150 for the four of us for a 5 hour tour. A fantastic experience.

We did the Heritage Walk from the port (http://falmouthheritagewalks.com/). We had an excellent young guide and really enjoyed the walk. We asked her where we could find the best jerk chicken and she told us Club Nazz (http://www.visitfalmouthja.com/view-restaurant.php?restaurant_id=11). It was close to the port (and where we ended the walking tour). I still dream about that a-mazing jerk chicken and cold Red Strip beer!! :-) We felt perfectly safe at the port and in the surrounding area (even going through the market). I would try and get away from the port even for a walk. Those port areas are set up specifically for tourists. I do like to venture out and see where the locals go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter