Family 5K at WDW

mom2d&b

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has done a Family 5K at Disney? I am considering signing the family up. DH & I are pooh sized and I am hoping this will give us a reason to get out and walk more (training maybe). The kids are always talking about exercising, so this could motivate them too.
I am thinking about the event in Feb 2012.

I have done a couple and they are fun an very low key. The last one was the princess run in Epcot and they let you take your time and enjoy it. My mile 2 took 28 minutes because I was taking pictures with the princesses and taking my time in Epcot. I think you will all enjoy it and have fun doing it.

Have fun!!

Go for it!!

What age are your kids? My oldest does alot of charity running. She's 13 and ran her first 5k at age 11- last years Race for life she broke her 30 minute record for 5km, she's due to run a 10km in a few weeks with her aunt and uncle, she runs with them- when she said she wanted to do her first run we weren't too sure but she's taken to it with amazing enthusiasm and gets a real sense of pride from it.

I say go for it, even walking your first few gives you a starting point to build and improve on.

My family is signing up too :) Dh and I are out of shape. Our kids (15,13,11) are athletes. I am training to do the 5K running with my boys. Dh and our daughter (a dancer not a runner) will walk it. We introduced the idea to the kids and they were all for it! Yay! I say go for it, and hopefully for both of us it will motivate us to get moving!!!

As we have been discussing this, DD11 & DS8 are also intrested in doing the kids mile race. I am encouraged to hear the positive about the family 5K. Now I need to get myself off the couch and motivated to start walking every day.

go for it!!
My 8 year old started this year with me in January - it was a brindge run that was 4 miles and then she did Gasparilla 5k with me in Feb. My 6 year old will be doing it next year....

Do it! I am a runner and just did the half and full marathons at Disneyworld this January. They put on great races. My 11 year old son just ran his first 10k with no problems at all. You can walk it if you need to, are take walk breaks as needed. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter