Family DAS Question.

tpettie

What's a tag and why do I want one...
HI, I have never used DAS before when we have traveled with our high needs kids. But this crew I have now is much more fickle than those I have had in the past. We are a foster family and I have a sib group of 4 who have severe trauma and have a long arms length of diagnosis, I know Disney won't ask their diagnosis but more about why waiting in line is hard for them. Mostly it's screaming melt downs that happen as they have no ability to wait. My question is do I get a pass for each of them or is that considered rude / over kill? Also I have a second family traveling with us and two of her adult daughters have anxiety disorders should we plan for them to be at my house and we do the phone call for DAS all together in one call or should they be trying on their own?

I would get the DAS for anyone that might need one as you could split up or once child may not want to ride a ride

HI, I have never used DAS before when we have traveled with our high needs kids. But this crew I have now is much more fickle than those I have had in the past. We are a foster family and I have a sib group of 4 who have severe trauma and have a long arms length of diagnosis, I know Disney won't ask their diagnosis but more about why waiting in line is hard for them. Mostly it's screaming melt downs that happen as they have no ability to wait. My question is do I get a pass for each of them or is that considered rude / over kill? Also I have a second family traveling with us and two of her adult daughters have anxiety disorders should we plan for them to be at my house and we do the phone call for DAS all together in one call or should they be trying on their own?
just remember that anyone with a DAS can not be in return time for another DAS. so if all 4 have DAS you will have to get a time for each one to ride as a group

just remember that anyone with a DAS can not be in return time for another DAS. so if all 4 have DAS you will have to get a time for each one to ride as a group
So If I have 3 DAS users then I have to book 3 return times will they be close in return window or far apart like 30mins between each time? eg. 12:10, 12:15, 12:20. or more like 12:30, 1:00,1:30...

So If I have 3 DAS users then I have to book 3 return times will they be close in return window or far apart like 30mins between each time? eg. 12:10, 12:15, 12:20. or more like 12:30, 1:00,1:30...
At the park ones will be close. The online one csn be anyone guess

DAS Return Times that you book in the park are based on the current Standby Wait Time, so they will at least be close. If they are not exactly the same time, just wait and until all of them reach the Return Time.
For example, if the Return Times are 12:05, 12:08 and 12:10, just wait until after 12:10 to enter.

The DAS Advance Selections are arranged in connection with doing the DAS video registration. CMs have apparently been using different ways to try to get multiple DAS registered users in one group into the same DAS Advance Selection.

Also, be aware that the DAS return lane is the same one that is used for Genie+ and ILL. Some of those lines get pretty darn long. You can easily wait 20+ minutes in some of them depending on the time of year and the ride. Just something to be aware of.

Also, be aware that the DAS return lane is the same one that is used for Genie+ and ILL. Some of those lines get pretty darn long. You can easily wait 20+ minutes in some of them depending on the time of year and the ride. Just something to be aware of.
Well over 30 minute wait in the LL for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure last evening.

Does the second family have their own MDE? They will have to be logged into it to request DAS.

Does the second family have their own MDE? They will have to be logged into it to request DAS.
So I is set up a call on my MDE for myself and my child then my husband can't just join in on that call he has to do his own call? Also one the DAS is issued can they be used on one MDE login eg. I select a ride and my 5 people then I select my husband and the remainder of people in our party? Or will he have to do that himself on his device?

So I is set up a call on my MDE for myself and my child then my husband can't just join in on that call he has to do his own call? Also one the DAS is issued can they be used on one MDE login eg. I select a ride and my 5 people then I select my husband and the remainder of people in our party? Or will he have to do that himself on his device?
Does your husband have his own MDE or is he a profile managed on your MDE account? If he is requesting DAS, he'll need to be logged in to whichever MDE account "owns" his profile.

Your OP mentioned another family (with 2 adult daughters). I think that is who the PP was talking about. You may or may not be able to coordinate advanced registration for multiple parties, especially if they have a separate MDE account.

Once you are onsite in a park, and assuming everyone's plans are linked as F&F, any associated MDE will be able to schedule DAS Return Times for anyone in the party.

You first stated there were two families - so not sure where your husband comes in with the second family? It all depends on the way reservations/tickets are handled in your MDE accounts. So if you are looking at getting DAS for multiple members in your family who are all on one reservation, it can be done in one call, I think. But the other family you mention, with the adult daughters - unless they are all under your MDE reservations/tickets, they'd need to make their own call. You can link up everything later in family/friends mode.

Adults who are registering for DAS for THEMSELVES need to be on a video call themselves.
Minor children or adults who are disabled and have a guardian or guardian register them. The person DAS is being requested for will need to be present for the video portion of the registration at least to be introduced and have their photo taken

We frequently travel with my sister. Our son and my sister both usually get a DAS. This year, only our disabled son and my sister are traveling with us instead of our usual large crew. I know you can only have one DAS return time at a time, but will I be unable to put her on my son's? The only times she will use her DAS is when my son is back at the hotel or for rides that he is unable or doesn't want to ride.

We frequently travel with my sister. Our son and my sister both usually get a DAS. This year, only our disabled son and my sister are traveling with us instead of our usual large crew. I know you can only have one DAS return time at a time, but will I be unable to put her on my son's? The only times she will use her DAS is when my son is back at the hotel or for rides that he is unable or doesn't want to ride.
If your sister will want to use the DAS without your son, both of them will need to request a DAS. In the parks, your sister will get her Return Times on her DAS and your son and you will get Return Times on his DAS; the times should align easily in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter