Family Fun Runs

pilgrimr

Mouseketeer
I have some questions on the Family Fun Runs they have during the marathon weekends. I am thinking of signing up my son who has autism. I was thinking of signing up for the 100 meters. Are parents allowed at the starting line? Any info on how the race is conducted will be appreciated.

I have some questions on the Family Fun Runs they have during the marathon weekends. I am thinking of signing up my son who has autism. I was thinking of signing up for the 100 meters. Are parents allowed at the starting line? Any info on how the race is conducted will be appreciated.

I think they are. THough I have never been to the dashes I recall seeing videos and parents seem to be close at hand

We have done both the 100m and 200m dashes so far. Parents are allowed to run with the kids in each of those races. And you can definitely be at the start with him even if you don't want to run beside him. HTH

Thank you both for your answers. It really helped. I have 3 kids signed up. One for 100, one for the 200, and my son for the mile race. It should be fun.

Thank you both for your answers. It really helped. I have 3 kids signed up. One for 100, one for the 200, and my son for the mile race. It should be fun.

Just for a little more information...on the last 2 that we have done (Wine and Dine weekend and Princess weekend), they start with the 100m dash and do that one in about 4 or so "waves". I ran with my daughter in the first wave and was able to get back and run with my son in the 200m. The number of waves they do just depends on how many participants. But they complete all of the 100m before starting the 200m etc. The 100m takes the longest time since it's the smaller kids. I'm not as familiar with the 1 mile race but know that they start that one after all of the other dashes.

The only downfall is that it does get a little hot out there waiting for the races to start. So you might want a bottle of water and maybe hats just in case. After the race, the kids will get their medallions and have their picture taken by the photographers (separate and/ or together). They have water and sometimes chocolate milk and bananas at the finish.

The races are a lot of fun for the kids and parents!! In Feburary, DH ran the 5k, kids ran the dashes and I ran the Princess half- it was a great weekend!!! Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter