Family meals to make in the Room

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
Aloha! Five adults. We are splitting our stay between a vrbo in turtle bay and Aulani. While we plan on enjoying several local eateries, I would love to know what others do for meals in their rooms. We will have a full kitchen the entire time.

We have Sams and Costco memberships and will.have a vehicle.

We found having items to have breakfast in the room helpful since we were always up early. We had 4 breakfast dining out since we wanted to try some local places and made 5 in the room. We bought eggs, bacon, cheese, bagels and English muffins to make breakfast sandwiches.

We didn‘t really make lunch in the room since we would use leftovers for lunch or grab something at the pool. The kids did have pbj and Mac and cheese a few times.
Next time I would grab stuff to make a few salads for lunch.

We got frozen pizzas, sandwich makings, and hot dogs for grilling, but I'd recommend saving the bigger cooking adventures for the vrbo. The Aulani kitchen is not that big, and while it's fairly well-equipped with basics - it's still kind of limited compared to what we're used to at home, not equipped for anything elaborate.

We always buy a marinated pork loin at Safeway and rice and veggies as a meal. It’s easy and we have it a lot at home. You just put it in the oven…. But cook for an extra 5-10 minutes.

Pasta, tacos, and sandwiches are all pretty easy to make and only require a few ingredients. If you're in a 1br or higher you will have a stove and over, 2 pans, a pot for boiling the pasta, and some baking trays.

I believe Costco also sells plenty of meals in disposable trays you just have to bake.

Spam kebobs
Spam salad
Spam chowder….
(I could do this all day)

Seriously, I got some jalapeño Spam the other day and it made the BEST fried rice ever!
Oh man… spam kimchi fried rice is amazing!

I’ve not tried the jalapeño version tho. I personally like Turkey Spam. I know my friend said it’s blasphemous but it tastes better than regular spam to me.

Costco has great local dishes that we made in our 1br at aulani.

Loco moco for the whole family
Lomi lomi salmon
Great sashimi

And the prices were fantastic compared to what it would cost at a restaurant 59EEA3D9-33BF-4BB4-9D53-E02397EC9B86.jpeg26362B62-7BA5-4699-BED2-9E5B399B253E.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter