Family of 4, what hotels in Tokyo

littlejen22

DIS Veteran
I think we would stay at one of the Disney hotels for a few days while visiting the parks but stay in Tokyo when touring the city. What hotels can you recommend in Tokyo that can hold 2 adults, a 10yo and 8yo? Under $400. Also, if you chose one other town/city to stay in where would it be?

And I am sure these questions get asked a lot but I really appreciate anyone that can answer it for me, I have done a lot of searching and it is very overwhelming. We usually stay with Marriott but that is not an option in Tokyo with 4. Thanks.

I've not actually gone yet but we're staying at the Sakura Hotel in Ikebukuro, great location and cheap hotel, my friend's stayed there last year and didn't have anything bad to say about the place. They have western rooms and Japanese (futon) rooms.

We're also looking at staying in Osaka for a couple of nights and getting the Japan Rail Pass, so we'd be staying near ish the station (looking at The Westin at the minute) and spending a day in Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima/Okunoshima using the rail pass to get between places.

We stayed at shiba park hotel With our two boys. We also didn't want to pay a fortune and this hotel was considerably cheaper than the rest. keep in mind that this is in no way a luxury hotel, however it did have many positives. They don't charge for children under the age of 18. This is huge since most places charge per person, even when they are little kids. It was a very short walk to both the metro and jr lines. it was located by the tokyo tower, so every night after touring we would walk towards this beautifully lit structure on our way to the hotel. There are many restaurants nearby, as well as a 7-11, and most importantly a starbucks just a few minutes away. We found that although this place wasn't fancy, it had a lot of value, and it was a great central location. I think we paid about $150 a night through expedia last May.

We have stayed in the Hilton Tokyo and the Hotel Metropolitan Edmont with our family of 4. The Hilton upgraded us to a junior suite but they do charge for extra beds and it was quite expensive (they put one extra bed in for free as Hilton Honors members and we used the sofa for our 4 year old so we didn't end up having to pay the fee). The Metropolitan Edmont is in Chiba so it's a little more out of the way but it's a Disney good neighbour hotel and offers a free shuttle if you didn't want to stay in one of the Disney hotels. We stayed in the Hiton Tokyo Bay for our Disney part of the trip and we didn't like it very much but it was convenient for the parks.

We have stayed in the Hilton Tokyo and the Hotel Metropolitan Edmont with our family of 4. The Hilton upgraded us to a junior suite but they do charge for extra beds and it was quite expensive (they put one extra bed in for free as Hilton Honors members and we used the sofa for our 4 year old so we didn't end up having to pay the fee). The Metropolitan Edmont is in Chiba so it's a little more out of the way but it's a Disney good neighbour hotel and offers a free shuttle if you didn't want to stay in one of the Disney hotels. We stayed in the Hiton Tokyo Bay for our Disney part of the trip and we didn't like it very much but it was convenient for the parks.

I was just wondering what sort of room you booked for 4 people? I need to book one for 3 people but all the rooms only list a king or 2 single beds, yet they say they can accommodate 4 people. Was this doable via the addition of rollaway bed/s that the hotel charges extra for?

Also, curious as to why you didn't like the Hilton very much?

Kyoto is awesome and I love it and would recommend it to anybody visiting Japan...but for 1 day...I don't know. It's spread out and there is much less rail-coverage - and I don't love their bus system. If I was going to be in Kyoto for a day, I'd consider doing a tour bus-type thing.

I recommend the Remm Shin-Osaka hotel for visiting Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Horoshima, etc. - it's IN the station. We've also stayed at the Shin-Osaka Station Hotel and it was pretty convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter