Family of 4 - will we find big enough rooms?

chanson2

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are planning a trip to Toyko in July, to coincide with a business trip DH has planned. We will probably spend 2-3 nights at TDL and 3-5 nights downtown Toyko. Any suggestions for hotels that will have enough space for 3 adults and 1 child? We have 2 daughters coming along, age 20 and 11.

Even looking at the Hilton website, its a bit confusing, as they show a jr suite as an option, but it only lists a king bed. Is there also a pull-out sofa bed? At Hilton Toyko Bay, it gives me a room with 3 single beds, but says it sleeps 4 adults? Do any hotels have rooms that have 2 queen beds?

Thanks for any hints!

Hi

It is really difficult to find rooms that will accommodate 4 in Tokyo. When we looked most places suggested 2 twin rooms and with the age of our kids that would mean DH and I splitting up to share with them.

Last time we stayed at the Hotel Metropolitan Edmont in Chiyoda. They do family rooms and ours came with 3 single size beds and a sofa bed. There wasn't a lot of room once the beds were in but the hotel was nice enough, and it's a Disney Good neighbour hotel if visiting Disney.

For our next trip we have booked the Hilton Tokyo Bay for our Disney visit and have booked a Happy Magic Room which has 4 beds. I think we will be excited by the luxury of so much space here!

We have also booked 8 nights in a junior suite at the Hilton in Shinjuku. After I booked it we received an e-mail asking what bed configuration we wanted. It basically comes with sleeping arrangements for 2 (I think a King size bed) and if you want more beds its Y7000 per bed per night. If you are a HH member they will put one extra bed in your room at no extra charge (as your spouse stays free) but to sleep 4 it adds quite a bit to the cost. As our 2 DSs are still not too old we decided to take the "free" bed option and let them share!

I hope that helped a little.

Hi! We are planning a trip to Toyko in July, to coincide with a business trip DH has planned. We will probably spend 2-3 nights at TDL and 3-5 nights downtown Toyko. Any suggestions for hotels that will have enough space for 3 adults and 1 child? We have 2 daughters coming along, age 20 and 11.

Even looking at the Hilton website, its a bit confusing, as they show a jr suite as an option, but it only lists a king bed. Is there also a pull-out sofa bed? At Hilton Toyko Bay, it gives me a room with 3 single beds, but says it sleeps 4 adults? Do any hotels have rooms that have 2 queen beds?

Thanks for any hints!
If you are spending 3 nights at TDL its an an absolute must to stay onsite at MiraCosta if you can swing the dough…they have a room that sleeps 4 in July for around 550 bucks and since July is off season mid week you should be able to book that room..you won't regret it.

tim123 - does the room at Miracosta have a specific name? Or if I put in 4 people, will it just come up? Maybe I can talk my husband into staying there!

tim123 - does the room at Miracosta have a specific name? Or if I put in 4 people, will it just come up? Maybe I can talk my husband into staying there!
Rooms at Miracosta, Ambassador and Disneyland hotel are often sold out but it helps to keep checking. Go to Tokyo Disney website and create a log in account..You only need to do that once and its simple. Once you do that then you can just go to hotel bookings and check your date and see whats available for each hotel. There is a column for rooms that accommodate 4 guests. I like the MiraCosta because it its the only hotel in the world that is inside a Disney park and there are many advantages. Its expensive yes, but service is unbelievable and its best to book a room called Portifino superior facing the Piazza…best rooms in the hotel. Good luck.

There are hotels that have rooms for four, although in some case it may be less expensive to get 2 rooms for 2. The Hotel Oriental Tokyo Bay has a quad room with two twins and two sofa beds for about $300 per night. The Sotetsu Fresa Inn has a quad with two twins and a bunk bed for about $200. The Toyoko Inn Tennozu Isle has doubles for $75. But to get your specific dates, you'll have to look on a website like booking.com which will give you all the possibilities throughout Tokyo.

We stayed at Palm and Fountain terrace and they had many rooms with four twin beds in it, if you're ok with sleeping in a separate bed from your SO for a few nights. That's where I stayed with my husband and sister when we went in
January. It's also a resort partner hotel.

If you are spending 3 nights at TDL its an an absolute must to stay onsite at MiraCosta if you can swing the dough…they have a room that sleeps 4 in July for around 550 bucks and since July is off season mid week you should be able to book that room..you won't regret it.
When is off season .

We are a family of four traveling in just about 2 weeks! We have an alcove room at DLH which sleeps 4. It has 2 twins, a trundle & alcove bed.
I can't really help with Tokyo bc the best I could manage is a king room with an extra bed.

We are a family of four traveling in just about 2 weeks! We have an alcove room at DLH which sleeps 4. It has 2 twins, a trundle & alcove bed.
I can't really help with Tokyo bc the best I could manage is a king room with an extra bed.

We have stayed in the Peter Pan room, which is a themed superior alcove room like you will be staying in. They are awesome rooms. With the trundle out it is a little tight in that portion of the room but still very doable. There is a round table with chairs on that side of the room by the patio/window.

We booked at the hilton through expedia. It stated 4 beds on the site. We are here now and it is fabulous. We have 4 twin sized beds. All of the beds are bigger than a normal twin, they almost seem as big as a double. We are incredibly happy with our room and would strongly recommend it. Just a note that children over 6 are considered adults and you pay for each adult in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter