Family of 5–best and worst time to go?

Towhee

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We are a family of 5 (kids ages 5, 4, 4) with one on the way! We wanted to do a Disney trip before #4 is here, but baby is due late November.

I have reservations for Beach Club for the week after Labor Day in September, but I am worried about the weather with three young kids and being heavily pregnant. I am used to hot and humid but I’ve also been to Florida and know it’s on an entirely different level.

So in this situation, where you could go anytime between June-October (although not sure if I’d be cleared for travel in October) would you go despite the weather? Or wait and go with 3 kids + baby?

Thanks!

We went twice in mid-September (2016 & 2017), and I don’t plan to ever return at that time of year. It was so incredibly humid, the worry and uncertainty over the tropical storms that seem to hit right around then (I didn’t really consider this when planning our trips, and I wish I would have!!), shorter park hours so less chance to be out in the evening, never being able to feel hydrated, etc.

I know I couldn’t have done it if I were pregnant. If it were me, I would go in June.

We went twice in mid-September (2016 & 2017), and I don’t plan to ever return at that time of year. It was so incredibly humid, the worry and uncertainty over the tropical storms that seem to hit right around then (I didn’t really consider this when planning our trips, and I wish I would have!!), shorter park hours so less chance to be out in the evening, never being able to feel hydrated, etc.

I know I couldn’t have done it if I were pregnant. If it were me, I would go in June.
I second everything this poster said. If you're going while pregnant go early. The humidity in September is a beast, and I'm sure you know that the 2nd trimester is much more comfortable than the 3rd. Don't do that to yourself. If you decide to wait until after baby is born, go over the winter. Every time we go during the hotter months we see infants that look overheated. To the original question, before or after baby, I'd pick as soon as possible.

I also vote for June, the earlier the better. The heat and especially the humidity won’t be quite as bad as in later summer, and the risk of hurricane interfering with your trip will be much less, too.

I had the opportunity to go while pregnant and chose not to. For me, it would’ve ruined the experience. I’ve had friends go while pregnant and enjoyed it, but it really depends on how you do Disney. But having had a summer pregnancy, I think I would be more annoying to be swollen and hot than anything else and would rather delay to make the trip more enjoyable for me.

Hi everyone,

We are a family of 5 (kids ages 5, 4, 4) with one on the way! We wanted to do a Disney trip before #4 is here, but baby is due late November.

I have reservations for Beach Club for the week after Labor Day in September, but I am worried about the weather with three young kids and being heavily pregnant. I am used to hot and humid but I’ve also been to Florida and know it’s on an entirely different level.

So in this situation, where you could go anytime between June-October (although not sure if I’d be cleared for travel in October) would you go despite the weather? Or wait and go with 3 kids + baby?

Thanks!
FYI only as I saw you said 2024- probably your best choice. I think that would be most people's picks. Summer isn't fun for a lot of people, let along pregnant moms with little kids in tow. I know for me when I was 8/9 months along in the summer, I avoided WDW and most outdoor activities that didn't involve me floating in a pool :) If you do go in 2024, Disney just announced some info that might make for a better vacation anyway, I just read about the dining plan returning and park reservations going away for next year, so it might make sense to wait when you're not pregnant.

Wait until next spring to go. I think 3 kids and a baby kids will be easier than 3 kids and pregnant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter