• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family of 5 fit in a 1 bedroom at SSR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmouseforpres

DIS Veteran
We will be purchasing a DVC at SSR in the next few weeks. :banana: We have gotten so much advise reading through everybody's posts. Here is my question.

We are already planning our first trip through our DVC and wanted to know if a family of 5 could fit in a one bedroom at SSR, or if we should plan on getting enough points for the 2 bedroom. Our children are - DD 12, DS 9 and DD 7. The youngest will probably sleep with us. I know that in 2-3 years, we will have to get a 2 bedroom, but for our first trip do you think all 5 of us could fit in a one bedroom at SSR?

We considered purchasing at AKV because a family of 5 can easily fit in the one bedroom, but we recognize that it may be a while before we would actually be able to stay in the resort.

Any advice?

I have a feeling this thread will get locked b/c there is an occupancy thread somewhere here...

but from what I know you can only have 4 people in a 1 bedroom plus a child under 3. Since your children are older that won't work. Also, you have to put everybody on the reservation...otherwise the "left-off person" won't be able to use the DDP or EMH.

Hope that helps before this is locked...

MS will allow you to put five in any DVC one bedroom. They will just remind you that they won't provide any extra bedding or towels for the 5th person, so bring an airbed and your own bedding. You can also order an extra towel package for $6 so you will have extra towels. You will get a resort card and can purchase the dining plan for all five of you if you wish. We have 3 kids and stay in a one bedroom for most trips. My children are a little younger than yours, and no way am I going to have them sleeping 2 rooms away from me on vacation in a strange environment.

Until the past few years, you could only have four plus one under the age of three in a one bedroom. For some reason, MS started to allow five in a one bedroom (though, not five plus one under the age of three) but they would not provide any additional bedding or towels. So you'll just get four bath towels, two hand towels and four face cloths. You'll need the extra towel pack which provides four extra bath towels, plus..

With the addition of the one bedrooms at AKV that will sleep five, MS could go back to allowing only four plus one under three in the one bedroom at the other resorts.

For now, however, you should be okay.

Enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter