Family of the Day/ Opening the park

TI double-GUH ER

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I know the MK opening show is now at the castle, and that it's different from what happened with the train station... but can anyone tell me if they still do a family of the day? I also heard a rumor that some of the other parks do a small family of the day sort of thing. Is this true? If so, which parks?
I know there's no way to guarantee being selected -just curious if the possibility is still there. :)

Thanks!!

No family of the day at Magic Kingdom

The only thing left there is the Grand Marshal before the parade

They used to do something at HS (MGM forever!) but I understand that was discontinued quite a while ago. I believe @SureAsLiz is exactly right regarding the MK.

ETA: Apparently, I was incorrect and the family of the day continues at MGM, I mean HS.

Last edited:
They used to do something at HS (MGM forever!) but I understand that was discontinued quite a while ago. I believe @SureAsLiz is exactly right regarding the MK.
When I was at RD for HS in mid-September 2016, they had a family of the day. The family was introduced and took pictures with Donald and Daisy before they opened the park.

When I was at RD for HS in mid-September 2016, they had a family of the day. The family was introduced and took pictures with Donald and Daisy before they opened the park.

Welp, learn something new every day. I thought they'd long since gotten rid of it. I'm always at RD - in the very back. Sorry if I had poor info guys!

Yes,this is the only Park currently doing FOTD.

Magic Kingdom has "Let The Magic Begin".
Epcot has a performance by the Jammitors.
DAK has the "Macaw Opening".:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter