Family portrait question

kajohn

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have sailed the Magic, how are the formal pictures done?

I would like to have my family have a formal portrait done, when is the best time to do this and what are my options, i.e. what type of backdrops do they have etc. I thought I read in someone's post they had a reservation for a formal portrait, is this a possibility and is there a charge for it, other than of course buying the the photos!

I have been on several RCCL cruises, and know the drill of getting ready early on formal night, and standing in line waiting for pictures. Is it the same on DCL?

Thanks, for any help!

Originally posted by kajohn
Is it the same on DCL?
Yes, it is. Make sure that you are in the line with the background that you want as there are several different ones available at the same time.

On our 7-day in 2001 they had multiple backgrounds to choose from. We were on a Dec cruise so one was more for teh holidays others included a picture of the ship at night (I think this was the one we choose), shots with Charaters, and more traditional photo backgrounds, I remember on tropical night they had even more options.

When we went they had 3 to 4 stations set in the main lobby/foyer by the elevators, each had its own line. At that time it seemed like you could do as many different backgrounds as you liked. They also had one part way down the hall towards Parrot Cay.
Walk though and see what choices you have, then all get in line.
Have Fun!

I think the person that posted about getting a reservation had a very large group.

Anyway, like everyone else has said there are multiple choices to get your formal picture made. You can do as many backgrounds as you like or have time for. The lines do go fairly quick as they have four or five 'stations' set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter