• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family vacation ideas

I have enjoyed reading through this thread. There are so many great ideas. Some things I haven't seen mentioned:

Smoky mountains
Shenandoah and Williamsburg
Boston/Philadelphia
Maine or a New England tour
Michigan...the UP is really cool
Chicago

I realize these are not a ritzy as the previously mentioned destinations. But I wouldn't knock them. Also, never rule out something closer to home, especially if you have limited time. We did an overnight trip in Ohio last fall. We took our bikes and did a biking trip along the Little Miami Scenic Trail, it's a rails to trails route. Beautiful in October! We will definitely be doing more bike trips in the future.

The world is too big to just do Disney! Hit the southwest states and all of the national parks there and beyond! Ireland, England, Scotland, Europe, the amazing Southeast Asian countries, Costa Rica, and so much more. You can do an amazing trip elesewhere with the tab paid at Disney!

Our best family vacation was to Lake Louise and Banff. I'd go back to those again in a heartbeat!

We stayed at Chateau Lake Louse and Fairmont Banff Springs. We did a gondola ride, visited a glacier, hiked to see beautiful lakes, went canoeing on Lake Louise, visited the town where the film the show Heartland (DD13's favorite show), and several other things. That part of Canada is easily the most beautiful place in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter