• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family vs. Friends on MDE?

SherriA1

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping someone can help me with a MDE problem. When I access My Disney Experience on my computer, out of our group of 5 people, 4 of them are on the "Family List" and one is instead listed under "Friends." Does anyone know how to change that one person from Friends to Family? I cannot figure out how to do it. It's confusing to have him in a separate list, because when I click on My Reservations, I have to keep using the drop-down menu to switch between the Family list and the Friend list to see what hotel reservations and park tickets each person has.

Likely because you haven't checked "share all info" with this person. With the family list it's allowing all info to be shared and FP's to be edited, with just the friends setting I don't believe it's giving that much info/control. So check that and if there's an unchecked box to share info, check that box and it should move that person to your family tab

I'm hoping someone can help me with a MDE problem. When I access My Disney Experience on my computer, out of our group of 5 people, 4 of them are on the "Family List" and one is instead listed under "Friends." Does anyone know how to change that one person from Friends to Family? I cannot figure out how to do it. It's confusing to have him in a separate list, because when I click on My Reservations, I have to keep using the drop-down menu to switch between the Family list and the Friend list to see what hotel reservations and park tickets each person has.

If you figured it out let me know. I have been trying to do this too. And changing what they see is not the answer because I change that all the time - in case I am surprising my family and their names never move off family. We have traveled with so many people that I have so many names on my list that it is confusing. I wish there was a list of who I am traveling with this trip - that would make it easier.

Definitely call for MDE tech support. They are so good at figuring out your issue and can sign into your account and fix things themselves. I had a strange situation with my mom as my friend and every time I sent an email to request my dad as friend (which is in her account/email) it would say it was sending for my dad but when my mom accepted it would say my mom accepted. The CM at tech support knew what the problem was and fixed it. She did remark about me having so many friends on my account that made things more difficult to work with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter