Fan club card or Loews card?

wdisneyaholic

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give me some information on any of these cards? How do they save you money and how to get them?

Thanks

Firstly, FanClub, which is only available thru Employers or Credit Union etc, is a rough equivalent to Disney Club at WDW. You'll get 10% off resort stays and vacations packages as well as discounted tickets. Like Disney Club, you can use it on both Coasts.

Lowes Card is a frequent stayers card. Membership is free (better to ring than join on-line) and for first three stays at Loews hotel gets you free complimentary gift (Cookies and Milk is our fav but includes wine, fruit basket etc.), free newspaper (local, WSJ or USA today) and free class upgrade IF AVAILABLE (Standard->Bay->Deluxe->Suite) based on your original booking (Standard gets bay view etc). This is Blue Status.
After three, you can use the card to upgrade to a suite from any class for $35, rooms are guaranteed with 48 Hours or more notice etc. All Blue status perks apply. And so on...

Fanclub needs membership which is available thru selected groups but gets Disney Club-like discounts. AP is still the best form of overall (rooms, meals and souvenirs) discounts at Universal. Entertainment card is known to be the best room-only discount at Universal and also had Dining and Shopping discounts.

Lowes card does not offer hotel discounts as such but the possiblity for room upgrade for the price of the class below is essentially a discount on the upgraded room. Plus the little things (like Cookies and Milk) make all the difference!

We have the Loews card(blue level) and will be at RPR this July...I will be turning 40:eek: during our stay...do you think there will be any chance of an upgrade? We already have the pool view for $109 thru Ent. card...what would be considered an upgrade? I'm not willing to risk the view for a standard in case there isn't an upgrade available...but being pretty new, what are the odds of being booked up? Then again...what are the odds of being fully up and running!;)

Honestly, dont know the deal with RPR.

I have heard stories of ppl getting Club level (Concierge) upgrades at HRH thru Loews First and then there are several cases where there have been not-now-but-later upgrades (refer CPanther95) so you're guest is as good as mine.

Book the room you and your party would be most comfortable in, should an upgrade not eventuate at least you'll have a room that is acceptable. As for the upgrade, what is the next level there, deluxe? then most likely it'll be that.

I applied for a Loews First Card on-line last week. Should I just call the phone number and apply that way? We are going the second week of June.

Sharbear

... recommend it. As processing takes 3-5 weeks on-line, you'll be cutting it fine if they're late.

But the main I'd ring is because to get the upgrade you must use have your Loews First number when MAKING the reservation. By joining over the phone they can issue the number immediately and you link it to your reservations before you get there. That way everything is ready to go on your arrival.

I have read cases where they have linked it at check-in but some ppl have missed out on upgrade because none were available AT CHECK-IN! By having your number NOW, you can ring Loews quoting your ressie number, link your Lowes first number and theyll be able to tell you if an upgrade is available or put you on a waiting list for the first available upgrade during your stay.

One important item is to ensure you book the room that suits your group. NEVER assume you will get an upgrade and be pleasantly surprised when you do! :D

I can taste those Milk and Cookies now ..... ;)

Are Loews card upgrades available if the reservation was made using fan club discount ? I notice that on Loews site it specifies that upgrades are only available if reservation is at a published loews rate and not a group rate. How do they treat fan club rates?

... Im not quiet sure. Fan Club is a Universal equivalent to Disney Club, getting you 10% on rooms at Universal Hotels. But you already know this.

Past post on this Board have shown they have honored the upgrade on Rooms booked on the Entertainment rate (refer posts by CPanther95 recently) which is discounted alot heavily than Fan Club (Ent. Rate $150 Std HRH, Ent. Rate $180 Deluxe Pool view HRH).

If you are planning to join Loews First for the upgrade and perks, check with the hotel to see if you would be entitled to the privileges under your current booking.

And please let us know how you go! :D

I was told that no Loew's First perks would apply to my reservation at RPR because I booked at entertainment rate. This was regarding upgrades and/or wine,cookies, etc. I'll still flash my card when I register and ask, but that's what I was told when making ressie - she wouldn't even take my #.

We've stayed at either the Hard Rock or Portofino five times now. We've only used the Loews rate once, fan club the other times. We have only asked for the upgrade once and got a deluxe room from a studio, and we have received our Loews perks each trip, regardless of which club we used to book the room.

It does seem to be hit or miss. It depends on occupancy and the person working the desk. Also, I disagree that Ent rate is always the best. Last year we got HRH for $99 and it was only being offered for fan club rate. Depends on the season and current deals. It's best to ask for every discount that is mentioned on these boards: AAA, AP, Loews, Ent, Fan club, etc... we know how easy it is to get at least an entertainment card, loews card, and a fan club card. Go to the "What is your date and rate" thread and see what rates folks are getting when you want to go. As always, if you need a fan club card, just email me your address... hope you have a GREAT time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter