• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic and Star Wars fireworks?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
How possible is it to see both in the same night? DHS closes at 9, F! is at 9 and Star Wars is at 9:30.

How possible is it to see both in the same night? DHS closes at 9, F! is at 9 and Star Wars is at 9:30.

This is asked a lot, and really, well, it's not possible. Fantasmic! is about 25 minutes long and exiting the theater takes a while. Now, if you sit at the back and get up to leave right before the finale, you could make it over to the central area, but you wouldn't get a great spot as it will be filled in. Then not only have you missed the end of F! you won't see SWGS very well (it is mostly a projection show on the Chinese Theater facade). My personal advice is to pick one and enjoy it to the fullest. They are both great shows!

I usually agree with BrianL, but this is one where I don't (sort of). No, if you want to sit through all of F! to the very end of the finale and leave with the rest of the crowd, then no, it's not possible. But if you sit at the back of the theater and/or are willing to leave about 1/2 through the finale, then yes you can do both. We've only done it a couple times, but have made it. We watch the rest of the F! finale as we're walking out the back of the theater. It ended just as we walked out and we hustled to SWGS. No, you won't get THE prime spot, but we still had a spot plenty good enough to see everything.

So the short answer is if you're willing to compromise a bit, yes you can. If you want to fully see F!, then no. No wrong answer, just preference. If you've never seen either, I may suggest picking just one.

It's been years (a decade maybe?) since we've seen Fantasmic. I seem to remember them funneling everyone out of a back exit and forcing you out of the park. Is that still the case? If they let us exit back through Sunset Blvd then I imagine we could see some of the fireworks on the way out.

It's been years (a decade maybe?) since we've seen Fantasmic. I seem to remember them funneling everyone out of a back exit and forcing you out of the park. Is that still the case? If they let us exit back through Sunset Blvd then I imagine we could see some of the fireworks on the way out.

They do funnel you out toward the entrance, but it is not outside of the park. I would imagine you just come through there and turn right toward the center. I don't think they prevent you from doing that, though they may if it is already after park close.

It's been years (a decade maybe?) since we've seen Fantasmic.
I seem to remember them funneling
1. everyone out of a back exit
2. and forcing you out of the park. Is that still the case?
3. If they let us exit back through Sunset Blvd then I imagine we could see some of the fireworks on the way out.
1. Unless you are attending the FIRST Fantasmic! show on a night when there are TWO Fantasmic! shows... No. NOT "everyone" sent out the secondary ramp. They will use BOTH "exit" ramps
(one is the same ramp that guests used to enter the theater and the other is the "auxiliary" ramp. Guests can choose which they prefer.
2. Nope. The exit MIGHT funnel guests to reemerge next to Oscar's Service Station/Stroller Rental
(Indicated in RED on my map below.)
And, it is quite possible that (instead of the Oscar's exit) they will send that aux. ramp all the way back to an exit just about 75 feet from the Fantasmic! "entrance gate" (just east of Beauty and the Beast.)
3. That is likely, but not guaranteed.
(In fact, the EARLIER you exit Fantasmic! via the aux. ramp, the LESS likely you'd get funneled back to the Sunset Blvd. exit.)

Last edited:

If you can only see one, which would you choose

That's tough because it really is just preference. To me, it's nearly a coin flip. F! has more "live action" with lots of Disney characters, a few stunts and some special effects. SW is more lasers, lights, fire and video, with some fireworks. If I was forced to pick one, probably F!, but it would be 51%/49%

That's tough because it really is just preference. To me, it's nearly a coin flip. F! has more "live action" with lots of Disney characters, a few stunts and some special effects. SW is more lasers, lights, fire and video, with some fireworks. If I was forced to pick one, probably F!, but it would be 51%/49%

Yeah, it's tough. They are both great! F! is more of a production, but if you love Star Wars, well, SWGE is sure to please! It's a tough call, but I'd also give the edge to F! - but not by a lot.

Last edited:
I'd give the edge to F! by quite a wide margin.
1. Seating - great after a long day (though, it is bleacher seating)
2. Seating makes it easier for someone to hold seats while the other makes snack/restroom runs while waiting
3. If you want to see the show you missed on youtube, SW looses less watching it on video. It's a smaller area to film, and easier to focus. F! doesn't work nearly as well on video. Also, live action is best seen live, as opposed to projections.
4. F! is a unique show and you won't see anything like it anywhere else (except DL), while projections and fireworks laser light shows are more common (including at MK).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter