Fantasmic and World of Color Reopening dates, please.

Bete

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when these shows will return this year?

Also, do you need to get advance reservations for the shows?

Both say "Spring 2022" and both do have dining packages that give a preferred viewing area voucher other wise you are free to pick a spot in the non rserved aread first come first served.

Current intel is speculating end of March/early April for both.

No advanced reservation unless you do a dining package (unknown if returning) and both had a "FastPass" system pre shut down but who know what the process will be with the new Genie+ app now out.

I fully expect Disney to make guest pay for viewing sections as greedy and money grabbing as they have been.

Still desperate for news on these! We'll be there 3/20-23 and just found out Pirates will be down, in addition to Nemo. And maybe Toontown? Fingers crossed that Toontown will still be open, and at least one of WOC or Fantasmic will be back!

I think Toontown is slated to be closed early March, if I am not mistaken.
Still desperate for news on these! We'll be there 3/20-23 and just found out Pirates will be down, in addition to Nemo. And maybe Toontown? Fingers crossed that Toontown will still be open, and at least one of WOC or Fantasmic will be back!

Interestingly, both Fantasmic and World of Color have disappeared from the entertainment schedule pages. You used to be able to see them under night time spectaculars however they've gone missing the last day or two.

You can still find the pages through other links, but there's no longer a direct path to seeing these shows.

That combined with the fountains now being submerged again, and DCA closing early on the 23rd and 24th, I'm wondering if this is for cast previews for WOC? with shows restarting on the 25th..... that's what my money is on anyways. Time will tell!!

Fingers crossed anyways - 25th is my last day haha

Interestingly, both Fantasmic and World of Color have disappeared from the entertainment schedule pages. You used to be able to see them under night time spectaculars however they've gone missing the last day or two.

You can still find the pages through other links, but there's no longer a direct path to seeing these shows.

That combined with the fountains now being submerged again, and DCA closing early on the 23rd and 24th, I'm wondering if this is for cast previews for WOC? with shows restarting on the 25th..... that's what my money is on anyways. Time will tell!!

I think you may be on to something on the app Fantasmic dining packages says the pricing is “over $60 per adult” and on the website it says “Starting at $25.” So is the app teasing the updated pricing??

Also on the app as the type of dining it says (among other categories) “Dining Packages (genie)” ?? What does they mean??

I took a screenshot in case it disappears.

What month are you referring to when you say the 25th?

I think you may be on to something on the app Fantasmic dining packages says the pricing is “over $60 per adult” and on the website it says “Starting at $25.” So is the app teasing the updated pricing??

Also on the app as the type of dining it says (among other categories) “Dining Packages (genie)” ?? What does they mean??

I took a screenshot in case it disappears.
There were 3 levels of dining packages pre Covid. My guess is it will be similar when it returns. The lowest level was in the $20-$30 range with a meal from Hungry Bear.

Chances are Toontown will be closed. The best estimate for closure is at end of business on 3/6 based on when the Private Cupcake Party in Mickey's House ends.

Chances are Toontown will be closed. The best estimate for closure is at end of business on 3/6 based on when the Private Cupcake Party in Mickey's House ends.
If Toontown was to close as early as 3/6, wouldn’t those ride closures be listed in the calendar already? I really hope not since we will be there beginning 3/7. But then again it seems like there have been a lot of closures popping up with short notice (I.e. Pirates).

If Toontown was to close as early as 3/6, wouldn’t those ride closures be listed in the calendar already? I really hope not since we will be there beginning 3/7. But then again it seems like there have been a lot of closures popping up with short notice (I.e. Pirates).
Because it's an extended closure the listing may be different and it may not be listed until the closure date is formally announced.

Yeah, it all depends on who you ask. There's technical aspects as well as casting aspects that need to be considered, especially for Fantasmic!. Some cast members have speculated the end of spring (early June). There are those who think that the day the vaccine mandate goes into effect for cast members will be the last piece that needs to be in place for mid-April. I've got a trip planned for April 19-21 and would love to sneak a dining package in, but it's hard to say if it will happen. Hoping for the best but planning for contingencies...

They are definitely doing work right now to bring both shows back. All 3 barges for Fansatmic are current boxed in and drained and lifted out of the water to be worked on. It's actually having a cool effect with how you get to Tom Sawyer's island. And they have also been at work on WOC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter