Fantasmic back on ?

So exciting! I just searched dining packages, but I don't see anything yet.

So exciting! I just searched dining packages, but I don't see anything yet.

I searched too! LOL Maybe it takes them a bit of time to 'refresh' the system. I am hoping so! Which dining package are you looking at? We have done both Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace and was wondering about the Hungry Bear packages.

I just called, and as suspected they have no idea when it's coming back. I told her it was on the schedule for the 8th, she checked again and said the only information they have is that it's coming back in the spring, and there was nothing loaded in the system. So I guess we wait, not so patiently;)

It also shows the sailing ship Colombia is no longer on the refurb list as of the 8th, so hopefully that is correct. I already have a Blue Bayou reservation that day so I wonder if it can just be changed to the Fantasmic version if it turns out that it actually is back on then.

Just checked the DL calendar and on March 8th, it is saying that Fantasmic is on at 9 and 10:30 pm. Hoping that this is correct?
I'd heard from a TA friend they had seen Fantasmic will be back "Early March" and it was a recent change on their refurb calendar so I'm inclined to say yep it's correct! (They said the Sailing Ship was still TBD but fingers crossed it comes back with Fantasmic!)

I searched too! LOL Maybe it takes them a bit of time to 'refresh' the system. I am hoping so! Which dining package are you looking at? We have done both Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace and was wondering about the Hungry Bear packages.
We’re thinking about eating at River Belle anyway. Do they limit the menu you can chose from if you do the Fantasmic option?

Ok, so now I’m really spinning. I am taking my 2 daughters for a celebration filled trip for our first trip to DL starting March 17. I had written this show off based on previous posts but now am feeling the need to include it. My question is, how will the return for F! mesh with the new MMM show? Timing wise, should we plan early or late F!? Where do we watch MMM from?

Ok, so now I’m really spinning. I am taking my 2 daughters for a celebration filled trip for our first trip to DL starting March 17. I had written this show off based on previous posts but now am feeling the need to include it. My question is, how will the return for F! mesh with the new MMM show? Timing wise, should we plan early or late F!? Where do we watch MMM from?
It depends on how important MM is to you. Most reports I have read say MMM is meh. I would thus prioritize F! if it were me.

That means show #1, which is earlier and easier for youngsters to stay awake for (not sue the age of your daughters).

But...show #1 is best seen from down front and a meal reservation is the best way to do that. You can stay in your place (no seats for F!) and watch MMM from there. Many people do so. Hungry Bear is the cheapest and easiest option for F! dining. I have done that twice myself.

Show #2 is less crowded and do not have any experience seeing it without a dining res. You may be fine, then you could watch MMM from the hub and see F! after. The second F! show is usually at 10:30PM. Pretty late for kids. And most adults! :goodvibes

:wizard:

My family hasn't seen F! all together since 2012 (some of the family saw it in 2014 while the rest of us were out with a bad bug, and it was down in 2016) so I am SO EXCITED that it will be up during our visit! As I am sure things have changed since my experience in 2012, I will now be scouring boards for info on dining packages. I think I saw something about cushions in another thread - is that a thing now? Does everyone who does a dining experience get a cushion? Or just the TS options? And I think I read that you can't use MP to book an F! FP and need to use the actual FP kiosk. Is that still current info?

I am over the freaking moon :D Only thing that could make this any better is if Space Mtn comes off refurb! :yay:

My family hasn't seen F! all together since 2012 (some of the family saw it in 2014 while the rest of us were out with a bad bug, and it was down in 2016) so I am SO EXCITED that it will be up during our visit! As I am sure things have changed since my experience in 2012, I will now be scouring boards for info on dining packages. I think I saw something about cushions in another thread - is that a thing now? Does everyone who does a dining experience get a cushion? Or just the TS options? And I think I read that you can't use MP to book an F! FP and need to use the actual FP kiosk. Is that still current info?

I am over the freaking moon :D Only thing that could make this any better is if Space Mtn comes off refurb! :yay:
The Blue Bayou is the only dining package that has the cushion.

We usually do the Hungry Bear package (you can sub in their regular menu food if you don’t like the package options, but you do pay the same price either way). Especially for the first show, a dining package is key for getting good viewing.

Assuming it doesn’t change during this short refurb, you do need to physically pull a FP from a machine; you can’t use Maxpass.

Man - I enjoyed BB but I'll have so many kids with me, I just don't think I can justify it - even for a cushion. But it is tempting. I think the Hungry Bear sounds perfect for us, with more kids than adults in our party and past history of enjoying that, I planned on a meal there anyway. Extra bonus if we get to use reserve F! seating!

The Fantasmic! page notes that it will be up, but the dining packages don't show any availability. Has anyone called and reserved a spot yet?

But...show #1 is best seen from down front and a meal reservation is the best way to do that. You can stay in your place (no seats for F!) and watch MMM from there. Many people do so.
I should have been more clear. There are no chairs for F!. There are many spots to sit on the ground. If you call concrete a "seat", then there are seats.

One more thing. I was not telling the whole truth even about chairs. There are chairs for at least some of the shows. Those are for VIPs. If money is no object and you do a VIP tour, I believe you get to sit in those.

:wizard:

The second F! show is usually at 10:30PM. Pretty late for kids. And most adults! :goodvibes

:wizard:[/QUOTE]

Part of our celebration is my 50th birthday, so yes, 10:30 is a bit late. My girls are 18 and 21, so the evening will just be getting started for them!:rotfl:

Thanks for the info. I’m trying not to “plan” too much for this trip, but I know my girls are more interested in the evening events vs EMM so just trying to make sure I understand how F!, MMM, fireworks, etc coordinate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter