• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Buffett

disneybeachbum

Mouseketeer
I want to be sure and get reservations for the Fantasmic Dessert Buffett. I have never been to DL before, but I am a WDW veteran. I would love advice from those lucky folks who have successfully gotten reservations. How many days out did you call, what time did you start calling, did you get a busy signal? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Actually any advice for this novice is appreciated. Thanks!

Getting a PS in DL is not as hard as getting one in WDW. I've never experienced a busy signal, but have waited about 15 min on hold. The phones open at 8am PST. I am notorious for making last minute trips, so I don't honestly know whether you can call 45 or 60 days out.

Just saw on another thread that Fantasmic seating is 30 days. But I'd still call at 60 and just ask.

For the Fantasmic Buffet you need to call one month ahead. The number is (714) 781-4400 and the lines open at 8:00. I have heard that they can sell out very quickly but I have never done it yet so I don't know about busy signals.

I started calling at 11:00 am eastern time and was connected immediately to a cast member - the 10:30 show was sold out and the 9:00 show had only sold 2 tickets. My family and I got tickets 3-6 which I believe are the best seats on the balcony!!!! If you are familiar with the balcony these seats are in the second section left side of the front. We had full view/full facing seats and it was a wonderful experience.

The desserts were just ok. The fruit was great and the Hot chocolate worked wonders on a cold night. The best part was hearing my kids whine 8&11 about how they weren't going to be able to see over everyone's heads and the look on their faces when we walked up the stairs to the Gallery!

Priceless!

I'm pretty sure it's around $49 for the package, it is a dessert buffet, with a wide variety of desserts that are all you can eat in the 30 minutes that the buffet is set up. Once the show starts, the cast members go to work taking down the buffet. You also can have a variety of beverages, I always have the Mint Juleps, which are my favorite New Orleans Square beverage in DL! Not sure about the price for children.

barbarabee said:
I'm pretty sure it's around $49 for the package, it is a dessert buffet, with a wide variety of desserts that are all you can eat in the 30 minutes that the buffet is set up. Once the show starts, the cast members go to work taking down the buffet. You also can have a variety of beverages, I always have the Mint Juleps, which are my favorite New Orleans Square beverage in DL! Not sure about the price for children.

Is it just me or what ???

I think this is total BS !!!

$49.00 for desert ......what a rip off !!! If walt was still alive today I bet
he would be ashamed of this. I understand that the view is why this is
so 'special' but COME ON !!! $49.00 per person :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
I love Disney but it's things like this that take away the magic.

The thing is, the main focus of the thing isn't the dessert. The main focus is that you've got probably the best seats in the entire park to view Fantasmic. If you haven't been to Fantasmic at DL, well especially during busy seasons folks will stake out for a few HOURS before the show starts. If you're there on vacation and have a limited amount of time at the parks, you might not want to dedicate that amount of time to standing around waiting for Fantasmic to start. It might be worth your time to book the balcony instead.

I'm considering this for our trip in July. I'm not sure about it yet, but I'm thinking about it. I did it back in '99 (it was $35 then) and surprised some friends with it. It was a great experience, and if the funds for it are in the budget then I'll definitely do it again.

Amberle3 said:
The thing is, the main focus of the thing isn't the dessert. The main focus is that you've got probably the best seats in the entire park to view Fantasmic. If you haven't been to Fantasmic at DL, well especially during busy seasons folks will stake out for a few HOURS before the show starts. If you're there on vacation and have a limited amount of time at the parks, you might not want to dedicate that amount of time to standing around waiting for Fantasmic to start. It might be worth your time to book the balcony instead.

I'm considering this for our trip in July. I'm not sure about it yet, but I'm thinking about it. I did it back in '99 (it was $35 then) and surprised some friends with it. It was a great experience, and if the funds for it are in the budget then I'll definitely do it again.

I understand that the seats are prime. That doesn't make it right that Disney gets away with charging $49.00 :sad2: . I also don't like that sodas cost
$2.00 - $3.00 as well. I still don't think Walt would appreciate this if her were still running the park.

barbarabee said:
Are beverages included in the $49 per person price...."adult" type beverages that is?? :drinking1 I suppose the price would be almost worth it if you had 2 yummy drinks with a scruptious dessert and great seats! Oh, wait, this is DL and the only place they offer alcohol is club 33, right? or is this expensive buffet another exception?

You get coffee, hot chocolate, sodas, bottled water, and a selection of desserts - all you can eat/drink while you are there. They will serve you before Fantasmic starts, but not during the show (at least they did that last year when we sat in premium viewing down below).

The prices may have gone up to $53 for balcony, & $53/$43 for the premium viewing.

No "adult" beverages...sorry.

As far as the price, I agree that it is a rip off. Several years ago it was free, but without the dessert/beverages. You had to know where to go at a certain time, stand in line and get a ticket to come back later. We did this and it was a really wonderful treat. The balcony used to be reserved for VIPs visiting the park (I believe it still is), and if there were no VIPs using it that day, you had a chance to get one of the limited tickets. It's a little appalling that they now charge. If you consider they allow 22 people, times $50, that's a whopping $1,100 which is really chump change for Disney, and a bit of an insult.

I've still paid a couple of times since then for special occasions, but I think I'm done with that, now. The last time I did, Fantasmic! ended up getting rained out. They do refund the ticket price if the show is cancelled.

I think I would just wait until I am at WDW to see Fantasmic!!!!Great seats and you can buy all kinds of deserts, and maybe even some fancy light up toys. AND still be less than 49.00.

My family of four paid to see Fantasmic on 3/13/05. We paid $159 for three seats-they did not require me to purchase a ticket for my two year old(no chair for him though). The dessert was a chocolate cake, strawberry cake, fruit, cheese, pastry puffs, lemon bars, chocolate cream puffs, and drinks.
We had seats on the balcony. The seats were given out in the order the reservations were made. We got lucky and were right up front. The show was great and my kids thought they were sure special sitting up there. The desserts were ok-I've had much better. The servers were very polite and attentive. The show lasted about :wizard: 20 minutes. This is a show I would pay to see one time. It was worth it for us but we won't do it next time.
Have fun!

Thanks for all the great input on this subject! It is one I have been debating with myself...I am the travel planner of the family :cool1: !
We have been fortunate to see Fantasmic in WDW, twice. Even just last May. I definitely have decided not to spend and extra dime to see the DL version.
I only considered it because of the ease of having reserved seating. We will be coming off of the 7 night DCL west coast cruise and I am trying to keep our DL/DCA portion of the trip as easy and relaxed as the DCL part! :smooth:
Already splurged for the "Romance at Sea" package!! :cloud9: :love:

Is this the same Fantasmic! at WDW??? Is it impossible to see without the buffet?? We are considering going the last week of August.

I must say that after seeing both the WDW and DL Fantasmic! shows, I really think the one at DL is far superior, with the Columbia portraying Captain Hook's pirate ship, and the Mark Twain as the finale it really is impressive! Plus you are much closer to the "action" and it is much more intimate than being in a giant amphitheater. If you want front row seats for Fantasmic! during peak season, you will need to stake out a spot a couple of hours prior to the show.

I agree, the DL show is much better. Unlike WDW, there is no amphitheater, everyone just crams into the grassy area along the river. To get a decent view, you have to stake out a spot well before the show.

If you don't mind being elbow to elbow with masses of other people and have someone in your party willing to save a spot for you, you don't need to do the buffet with reserved seating. We dont' mind and just cram in with everyone else.

Some people are stressed by this (and I don't blame them) and if you are that kind of person, you should splurge and do the buffet.

When you called and book a reservations - do you have to pay then or can you pay the day of the reservation???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter