Fantasmic! Desert Party

CJBerge

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done the Fantasmic! dessert party recently? Going in September and still debating if its worth it or not for 39 a person.

First thing to note is that it is not a dessert "party" at all.

It is a "box of desserts" that guests pick up and then go to find where they
want to sit for the Fantasmic! show (in the Dining Package area.)

Guests then can sit and partake of their "box of desserts" while they await the
show to begin.

Map Below-
Arrows indicate the center of the seating.
Shaded areas:
Cyan= Standby (walk-in) seating
Red= Dining Package Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

F-Seating-West-FDP-FP_090715_zpsbgadk8q7.jpg

that is definitely an understood. Just not sure if it's worth it. It's my GF's first trip to disney and i really wanna go all out for her. I know it's a box of snacks with an alcoholic beverage in a souvenir cup. I'm debating on weather it's worth it for the seats, food, and experience

that is definitely an understood. Just not sure if it's worth it. It's my GF's first trip to disney and i really wanna go all out for her. I know it's a box of snacks with an alcoholic beverage in a souvenir cup. I'm debating on weather it's worth it for the seats, food, and experience

Not for me.
Guests really need to arrive early (30-40 min.) for the best Dining Pkg. or Dessert seating, anyway...

So, WE just show up early (nearly always get a FP late in the day or on the way to the show)
and get great seats without the extra "food" expense.

Not for me.
Guests really need to arrive early (30-40 min.) for the best Dining Pkg. or Dessert seating, anyway...

So, WE just show up early (nearly always get a FP late in the day or on the way to the show)

How (for lack of a better term) snacky are y'all? My girls the type to want snacks with a show regardless. I know i can back snacks in our park bag, but worried about the chocolate melting. If i do this, it's gonna be one of her small surprises during our trip.
(for context, i booked CRT our first day and planned the glass slipper engagement, so this trip is really gonna be all about treating her and "wooing" her.)

How (for lack of a better term) snacky are y'all? My girls the type to want snacks with a show regardless. I know i can back snacks in our park bag, but worried about the chocolate melting. If i do this, it's gonna be one of her small surprises during our trip.
(for context, i booked CRT our first day and planned the glass slipper engagement, so this trip is really gonna be all about treating her and "wooing" her.)

We buy snacks from the two concession stands (marked by the #5s on the map) at the back of the seating area inside the Fantasmic! theater.

No matter what we decide to buy there, it does not reach $40 per person.
Menu HERE.

Last edited:
Like @Robo said, if you get there early enough, you’ll have your pick of seats.

Just look at what snacks and drinks you could buy with $39 versus a cardboard tray full of stuff they picked out. You get one drink and IDK what the options are.

I saw one review with some bright blue drink. Ick IMO! I’d prefer a Fat Tire or two and a popcorn refill. Costs way less $40 per person.

We did the Fantasmic dessert package last year. Definitely don't count on getting your money's worth out of the food or drink. Even my sons (tween/teen boys who will eat just about anything involving sugar) weren't wild about 50% of the desserts. And the alcoholic drink was pretty gross - super sweet. I ended up getting a glass of wine from the concession stand instead. That said . . . I'm doing it again in September on a trip with my best friend. It's a fun experience and the seating is good and, in Disney terms, it's not "that" expensive.

Not for me.

I was wondering about this as well--have you ever not been able to get into Fantasmic? Should 45 min always be enough time if going standby? I am going on a CL 6 day in October.

I was wondering about this as well--have you ever not been able to get into Fantasmic? Should 45 min always be enough time if going standby? I am going on a CL 6 day in October.

45 min. is a good rule-of-thumb.
It would be a very busy day that saw 45 min. NOT get a guest into the show.
And, a day-of 4th or 5th FP+ for Fantasmic! will give a guest an extra amount of choice,
as the FP+ sections make up virtually HALF of the entire number of seats, total.

But, it CAN happen.

60 min. before will be about the earliest anybody EVER needs to arrive, and most nights that
will get the choice of nearly any position available.
Couple that with a day-of FP and you'd be "golden."

Map Below-
Arrows indicate the center of the seating.
Shaded areas:
(First or Only F! performance of the evening)
Red= Dining Package Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

(Second or Third F! performance of the evening)

Red, Purple, Blue= FP+ Reserved
(Although much of the outer Blue will likely be used for Standby.)

F-Seating-West-FDP-FP_090715_zpsbgadk8q7.jpg

How does this show compare to the one at DLR? Do they have the pirates on the ship? That is my favorite. TIA

How does this show compare to the one at DLR? Do they have the pirates on the ship? That is my favorite. TIA
DL's is way better show wise but HS's seating is better. No Columbia with PP, Hook and pirates at HS. We still like F! at HS (if you don't compare it to DL's) as a night show and usually see it almost every trip. Although if we only had one evening for HS we wold choose the Star Wars show over F!, as my DH and boys are huge SW fans.:goodvibes

No pirate ship (no pirate scene at all) and no full-size paddle wheeler in the finale. (Just a small lightweight "facsimile.")

We did this in early May. Hollywood Studios was eerily slow that day and we ended up having a whole row in the dining package section to ourselves. The snacks were not that great. I liked that the cheese and crackers were a savory option, but the crackers were soggy. The cupcakes were dry. The blue alcoholic drink was way too sweet.:crazy2: I would do the Mama Melrose Fantasmic package before I did this again.

I think it belongs more in the $25-$29 price range, but I know nothing comes that cheap when Disney combines food and nighttime shows. Speaking of that, anyone remember when the Wishes dessert party was only like $29 per person?? :sad2:

We did this dessert party last week on a very hot night and LOVED it! Two kids, two adults so not crazy expensive. Boys loved the light up cups, light up lanyards as souvenirs, and desserts. I liked the drink and desserts too. Fantastic seats and plenty of room around you (not touching other sweaty people was great)! Showed up 30 min before the show. Would definitely do it again. I've done the HEA dessert party and liked that too but thought this was a better 'value' overall.

I did the Dessert Party in April and have it booked again for August. In the past, I’ve done the Dinner Package to get center seating, but I didn’t care for Mama Melrose and thought that Brown Derby was overpriced. This is the perfect alternative. I sat in the first row (first time ever and my new preferred spot) and snacked during the wait. I liked having everything boxed up and the bag made it easy to carry the leftovers and the souvenirs (mug and lanyard) back to the bus stop. The desserts themselves weren’t bad and the blue drink had alcohol in it, so I was happy. :drinking1 Overall, I thought that it was worth it.

I really confused by this party. I booked it today and show isn't until 9, but it said I had to show at 7:20 to get my desserts and such. Do we really have to show up and sit there for an hr and 40 minutes, or can I show up later?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter