Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience Booking only 30 days in advance? [update : now bookable till the end of December 2019]

GreenTea13

Earning My Ears
I've read multiple places that the Fantasmic Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience should be bookable 60 days in advanced, yet even though I have been checking constantly for the past 2 months the furthest out you can book is the end of Septempber, which is less than 60 days. I've been watching it and waiting for them to expand the reservations dates but it has not moved past September in the past couple of months. Is the Fantasmic Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience ending? Are they no longer going to have it? Does anyone have any idea what is going on? If that is the case I REALLY wish they would make that clear so that I can plan on the Fantasmic dinning package instead, which they ARE taking reservations for in January when I am going.

Fantasmic Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience is now bookable till the end of December 2019 :)

Last edited:
I really enjoy doing this and hope it's not ending. We've scheduled it 3 times on our last 2 trips and been rained out all 3 times. We're going again the end of this month and I'm waiting until day of to book this time! I sure hope the weather cooperates.

This package doesn’t get discussed around TPAS much at all, so I’m not sure OP. Hopefully someone knows for sure as I don’t follow the booking patterns with this one closely (nor have I seen any recent posts on the subject).

This package doesn’t get discussed around TPAS much at all, so I’m not sure OP. Hopefully someone knows for sure as I don’t follow the booking patterns with this one closely (nor have I seen any recent posts on the subject).

Because I've booked it on our last several trips, I know availability has always been open at least 60 days out- much like the dessert parties, so it is odd. I went ahead and booked mine earlier in our trip as the trip runs into October. I always have had the feeling it's not very popular and they may well be doing away with it. I know we see very few people who have it when we're doing it.

Bookable only 29 days in advance now..... I am starting to get really worried. I really wish they would make it clear if they really are ending this or not since I really need to get on top of dinning package reservations if this is no longer happening 😭
I've tried emailing the support email to ask them what is going on but so far I have gotten no reply from them 😭
(I would try calling but from my experience when trying to book other stuff I have had nothing but bad luck with that. Either the person has no idea what they are talking about or they just tell you to call back later)

Bookable only 29 days in advance now..... I am starting to get really worried. I really wish they would make it clear if they really are ending this or not since I really need to get on top of dinning package reservations if this is no longer happening 😭
I've tried emailing the support email to ask them what is going on but so far I have gotten no reply from them 😭
(I would try calling but from my experience when trying to book other stuff I have had nothing but bad luck with that. Either the person has no idea what they are talking about or they just tell you to call back later)

More likely than not, the person you talk to when you call won't have any more information than you do. If I were you'd I'd go ahead and make alternate plans. You can always cancel them if this opens up.

So I got a reply from the email I sent ...

We appreciate your desire to make Reservations for this Event at Walt Disney World®. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any further information in regards to your inquiry. We encourage you to visit our website as well as the Disney Parks Blog for the most up to date information.

So yeah, still no info and the package is now bookable only 28 days in advanced. (at least I do have other plans, but I was really looking forward to this as I have never done it before)

Last edited:
Update :
Still not bookable past this month. I feel really bad for people that want to do this in October since it's starting to get really close.
So anyone looking for info on this, I would advise to do what I did and book a dinning package for Fantasmic as a backup plan.

I just might end up sticking with the breakfast dinning package even if this does become bookable again. It's not a whole lot more and getting breakfast before the park opens would be nice. Got myself a 8:15AM reservation. :)

Last edited:
It sure looks like they may not offer this anymore. After before rained out on our last 3 tries for this, I sure hope we have decent weather at the end of the month to get this in.

I don’t see many reviews on this, so thought I’d ask here....

For those that have done this, did you like it? Trying to decide if I want to try it. Going in December and already doing the jingle jam dessert party (mainly for the reserved viewing)

Why did you choose this over the dining one? Thinking about that one too, but don’t really care to eat at any of the 3 restaurants that offer this...wanted to eat my way through Star Wars land instead :)

I don’t see many reviews on this, so thought I’d ask here....

For those that have done this, did you like it? Trying to decide if I want to try it. Going in December and already doing the jingle jam dessert party (mainly for the reserved viewing)

Why did you choose this over the dining one? Thinking about that one too, but don’t really care to eat at any of the 3 restaurants that offer this...wanted to eat my way through Star Wars land instead :)

We've done it several times and really enjoy it. I choose it over dining because 1) Clearly this is not as popular as other options but that means no standing in line to get our dessert pkgs, no need to line up early for it 2) It's less expensive 3) Sit down dining is a time eater and wreaks havoc with trying to get FP's. We rarely do a sit down meal anymore- leaves us more flexibility to grab the hard to get FP's. 4) Food is decent quality, includes cheeses and crackers. We have a late lunch and skip dinner so it makes the price even more reasonable 5) Alcohol. lol The drink is really good and you can ask for a re-fill- as long as they have extra, they are happy to do it.

Is the dessert party seating in the same area as the dining package area? We are already eating lunch a Mama Melrose, but may switch over to the dessert package and I'm having trouble figuring out if the areas are separate. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter