Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
Didn't the premium package include viewing for MSEP? With that gone, how would it come back (unless they bring PTN back to DL over the holidays before moving to DCA next year)?
They could have a "premium" package with the glow drink and cushion. Vs just the regular package without a cushion. If there was a premium package, it would definitely not be worth IMO, it unless there was some crazy extra involved!

The rumors going around were that the seat cushions would be removed from the standard BB dining package, and would be offered as the premium package upgrade. I think it might just be from misinformation among CMs and guests, but we'll see.

They could have a "premium" package with the glow drink and cushion. Vs just the regular package without a cushion. If there was a premium package, it would definitely not be worth IMO, it unless there was some crazy extra involved!

Well, that wouldn't be a transparent cash grab, would it? ;) Take the cushion away from an overpriced meal so you can add it in for more money?

Well, that wouldn't be a transparent cash grab, would it? ;) Take the cushion away from an overpriced meal so you can add it in for more money?
Does it surprise you with Disney? Like, throw some couches and board games in an outdoor area, give out a snack box, and charge $45 per person. Or charge you $10 to make fastpasses with your phones?
[I'm honestly not as bitter as I sound online; I willingly pay money for those extras-I've done 2 Fantasmic dinners since it's started (and haven't regretted either; will probably do at least 2 more within the next couple months), and am heading to WDW in less than 2 weeks where I have 3 dessert parties booked!]

If you don't mind reporting back to know about the seat cushions ordeal as well as where you sat (maybe going to weekends dining reservations will seat differently?)

The rumors going around were that the seat cushions would be removed from the standard BB dining package, and would be offered as the premium package upgrade. I think it might just be from misinformation among CMs and guests, but we'll see.

The rumors (and they are just that, rumors) going around that I read about online (and only in forums like this one) were what others have said, plus better seating for premium. Essentially, the premium package would get you the glow drinks, the cushions, and closer seating - the section would stay the same, but be split front and back, so only premium could get railing seats. Let's just hope they are only rumors and things stay as they were this weekend.

The rumors (and they are just that, rumors) going around that I read about online (and only in forums like this one) were what others have said, plus better seating for premium. Essentially, the premium package would get you the glow drinks, the cushions, and closer seating - the section would stay the same, but be split front and back, so only premium could get railing seats. Let's just hope they are only rumors and things stay as they were this weekend.
Maybe they could seat them in the water with the barges and ships? Imagine what they could get for that!

It's utterly ridiculous that they would consider subdividing this overpriced meal package even further.

Maybe they could seat them in the water with the barges and ships? Imagine what they could get for that!

Imagine if they actually pulled up a small boat and anchored it to the side for premium packages to watch the show on?

Honestly, that would be pretty fun. They would never do that, but I bet a ton of people would pay for the experience. And they could tell people that even if the F! show gets cancelled, they get a private ride around ROA at night.

Imagine if they actually pulled up a small boat and anchored it to the side for premium packages to watch the show on?

Honestly, that would be pretty fun. They would never do that, but I bet a ton of people would pay for the experience. And they could tell people that even if the F! show gets cancelled, they get a private ride around ROA at night.
:laughing: Definitely can't forget the out clause in case the show doesn't go on! :lmao:

If rumors turn out to be true, how would we go about upgrading to premium? I just made Blue Bayou package reservations for October 28, and there was no option. Maybe choose upgrade at time of check in?

If rumors turn out to be true, how would we go about upgrading to premium? I just made Blue Bayou package reservations for October 28, and there was no option. Maybe choose upgrade at time of check in?
For the MSEP premium, you had the choice at check-in or when you were seated. I assume it'd be the same.
*Also, this premium package never was an actual "rumor", more just wild speculation! I don't think anyone has heard anything from Disney outside of phone CMs saying things that don't make sense and are probably due to misunderstandings.

I almost spit out my drink when I read this! Just this past weekend I had a dream/nightmare/dunno what to call it that involved Disneyland. And in it, people were sitting on their seat cushions, floating in the water! Also, everything had changed in the show, with a Winnie the Pooh float/dance/projections and some Princess and the Frog stuff! Then later in the dream, I had moved over to the castle to watch the fireworks, was randomly selected to sit in the premium area, which was down in the moat (with all the water removed). While I was enjoying the fireworks someone's cell phone was going off and I was so annoyed, until I realized it was actually my alarm! I know, weird!

I would like to see the first F! with the BB package. I understand I will be assigned to a specific show depending on dining time--what is the latest reservation time I can make at the BB to see the first show?

I would like to see the first F! with the BB package. I understand I will be assigned to a specific show depending on dining time--what is the latest reservation time I can make at the BB to see the first show?
I think it's 6 or 6:30. I did my reservation at 4:40 and loved that time. Not many people waiting for tables so I was sat quickly. And it gave time to digest afterwards or go on rides!

I think it's 6 or 6:30. I did my reservation at 4:40 and loved that time. Not many people waiting for tables so I was sat quickly. And it gave time to digest afterwards or go on rides!
I called to check before I booked and they told me to book a time before 7.30 to get the 1st show. 7.30 or later will get you the 2nd show.

I called to check before I booked and they told me to book a time before 7.30 to get the 1st show. 7.30 or later will get you the 2nd show.
I'd say even 7pm is pushing it. It would take time to get seated, then about an hour to eat. Say, it takes about 90 minutes total. That puts you at 8:30, only 30 minutes before the show. Then you have to get thru the crowd and over to the entrance to the dining section (other side of New Orleans Square), and by that time they may have started opening up the BB section for other dining people, as theirs got full. I probably wouldn't book much later than 6 if I wanted the first show.

I'd say even 7pm is pushing it. It would take time to get seated, then about an hour to eat. Say, it takes about 90 minutes total. That puts you at 8:30, only 30 minutes before the show. Then you have to get thru the crowd and over to the entrance to the dining section (other side of New Orleans Square), and by that time they may have started opening up the BB section for other dining people, as theirs got full. I probably wouldn't book much later than 6 if I wanted the first show.
I totally agree! That was how they said that the system automatically allocated the bookings but we didn't want to rush AND wanted the early show so booked for 5pm.

This past weekend I experienced the River Belle Terrace Fantasmic! Dining package. I really enjoyed myself and was able to secure excellent seats for the second show! I’ve put together this review video going over the menu, what I had, and how the seating for the show worked.

And just because I know it’s always a hot topic here, all of the Blue Bayou people had the seat cushions. If I remember correctly, when they first started to do Fastpasses for Fantasmic! and added the Dinner packages a couple of years ago the seat cushions were standard with the Blue Bayou package (although they were purple with the Fantasmic! logo). I don’t know why the messaging with them this go around has been mixed, but it would seem they are a standard part of the package (and I believe rightfully so.)

This past weekend I experienced the River Belle Terrace Fantasmic! Dining package. I really enjoyed myself and was able to secure excellent seats for the second show! I’ve put together this review video going over the menu, what I had, and how the seating for the show worked.

And just because I know it’s always a hot topic here, all of the Blue Bayou people had the seat cushions. If I remember correctly, when they first started to do Fastpasses for Fantasmic! and added the Dinner packages a couple of years ago the seat cushions were standard with the Blue Bayou package (although they were purple with the Fantasmic! logo). I don’t know why the messaging with them this go around has been mixed, but it would seem they are a standard part of the package (and I believe rightfully so.)
Thanks for your review. It is great! I will definitely do this in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter