Fantasmic! Dinner Package - Center Seating?

rn_wannabe

RN since 1-2008 (not a "wannabe" anymore LOL)
Anyone know if those who have the Fantasmic! Dinner Package are still being seated in the center? I think I read somewhere that they did this for a while back in April, but I'm not sure if that's correct or if they are still doing it. Thanks for any info.

I'd be interested in the answer to this, too. We had the dining package seating at the end of March. It was all the way over on the right. We've scheduled the dining package again for August -- It would be great to be in the center section! :thumbsup2

Eagerly awaiting an answer, as I am wondering about this too! I thought I read something about the reserved seating area moving, but when I went back to look for those posts I couldn't find them.

1) I guess anything is possible.
2) But, never heard of reserved center seating.
3) Reserved seating in the FAR RIGHT section (when facing the show).

I have read a recent dining review (wracking my brain to remember which one) that mentions they were indeed seated in the middle sections and it was after the FP testing in April. But they might still be experimenting for when FP+ comes online officially and could change nightly.

Hello all, I am fairly new to DIS, and wondering what exactly the Fantasmic Dinner package entails? And how would I use my Free DDP for it?

I have read a recent dining review (wracking my brain to remember which one) that mentions they were indeed seated in the middle sections and it was after the FP testing in April. But they might still be experimenting for when FP+ comes online officially and could change nightly.

I remember that thread too! :) I had posted that Fant Dining was seated in the center Sorcerer Mickey section on New Year's Day but wasn't sure if that was because it was a high crowd day. Another Poster said they had also been seated in the Sorcerer Mickey section in April.

There are two Sorcerer Mickey sections in the center: the right one was for Fant Diners and they filled in to the other right sections. The left Sorcerer Mickey section was for non-Fant diners and they all filled in to the left.

I have read a recent dining review (wracking my brain to remember which one) that mentions they were indeed seated in the middle sections and it was after the FP testing in April . . .

1) I knew there were some shows where people were moved to the Center.
2) But, I had heard it was because folks jumped the rope into the Right section.
3) So, they let folks with ressies go to the Center to make up for no seats.
4) Interesting there might have actually been ressie seat in the center.

I saw a thread about center seating for F! dining package guests when they were testing FastPass+ for Fantasmic.

Hello all, I am fairly new to DIS, and wondering what exactly the Fantasmic Dinner package entails? And how would I use my Free DDP for it?

It's a fixed price meal at either Mama Melrose, Hollywood Brown Derby or Hollywood & Vine. At the first 2 adults receive an appetizer, entree, dessert and fountain beverage. H&V is a buffet. Along with the meal you receive a ticket for the first Fantasmic! showing for that evening. You must book the F! Dining Package because just a regular reservation at one of the three restaurants won't include the F! ticket. With the dining plan MM and H&V are 1 TS per person and HBD is 2 credits. Here's a link with some information:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/fantasmic.htm

I saw fantasmic 10 days ago and FDP guests were seated in the center. I was surprised bc I had read that they would be seated to the sides. I did not have FDP and thought I would be able to get good seats by arriving 45 minutes early on a low crowd day with fantasmic offered at least once every night that week. We ended up sitting off to the side because the best seats were roped off for FDP.

It's a fixed price meal at either Mama Melrose, Hollywood Brown Derby or Hollywood & Vine. At the first 2 adults receive an appetizer, entree, dessert and fountain beverage. H&V is a buffet. Along with the meal you receive a ticket for the first Fantasmic! showing for that evening. You must book the F! Dining Package because just a regular reservation at one of the three restaurants won't include the F! ticket. With the dining plan MM and H&V are 1 TS per person and HBD is 2 credits. Here's a link with some information:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/fantasmic.htm

Wow!! Awesome :) Thank you so much for the info and providing the link. This sounds like a must do for us!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I saw fantasmic 10 days ago and FDP guests were seated in the center. I was surprised bc I had read that they would be seated to the sides. I did not have FDP and thought I would be able to get good seats by arriving 45 minutes early on a low crowd day with fantasmic offered at least once every night that week. We ended up sitting off to the side because the best seats were roped off for FDP.

Bumping- anyone there in June know if this is still the case? Thanks!

Great to know that the centre seating is now reserved for FDP. :goodvibes
We will be doing it in Sept and the show is scheduled at 8.30pm and park is closing at 8.30pm too.
How early should we arrive for the show? 8pm?
I have heard stories about CMs removing the roped off area (for FDP) fairly soon to let non-FDP to take the seats.

Great to know that the centre seating is now reserved for FDP. :goodvibes
We will be doing it in Sept and the show is scheduled at 8.30pm and park is closing at 8.30pm too.
How early should we arrive for the show? 8pm?
I have heard stories about CMs removing the roped off area (for FDP) fairly soon to let non-FDP to take the seats.

When we did this in March (seating still on the far right side), our server at Hollywood & Vine told us to get there 45 minutes before. That's what we did -- My DS11 wanted to sit in the very front row (Right in front of the "You will get wet" sign :)). We're doing the dining package again in August, and I think we will aim for getting there 45 minutes before the show.

Is this still the case? I reserved Mama Melrose for FDP in September and only doing so to get good seats for Fantasmic! I hope we will be seated center and not off to the side.
Misty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter