• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic dinner package

eeyoresbestfriend

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how much it costs, or what's included? Are there certain restaurants you have to go to? Any elp would be appreciated! Thanks.
MB

Hi eeyoresbestfriend... check out information about Fantasmic! here...

Fantasmic! dinner package

BTW, DH and I took advantage of this in September, and it was great! We went to Mama Melrose's and had a wonderful dinner, then with no waiting went to our reserved section and watched the show. :)

We did this package last Jan at Mama Melrose. I don't have a specific complaint about the food or the seats but when we go this Feb we are planning to just find a seat and grab a bite to bring in there with us. All the seats are basically good and you can save your money on the big meal and eat somewhere where you really want to eat and not just to get the package. As stated before this was the end of Jan last year and the park was relatively slow so busy times hte dinner package may be more worth it.

We tried the dinner package for the first time last month and it was a lifesaver! We also ate at Mama Melrose's. We went on a Wednesday night in November (not Thanksgiving week) at a "slow time". When we arrived at 6:00 there were NO seats left except in the "dinner package" section. I was so glad we only had to wait for a half hour for the show. My kids would not be happy waiting around for an hour or more (due to the cutbacks there was no pre-show entertainment) and neither would I! I will always do the dinner package when I plan to see Fantasmic. But then I am impatient!

We went in June and ate at Mama Mels. We really enjoyed the food at Mama's and will probably eat there again. It was fantastic just to walk into the show and sit right down. For us it was definately worth it!!

A friend of mine did the reserved seating and said she got "soaked" as the reserved seating area gets very wet. Did you find this to be true? We have 4 little ones under 9 and do not want to worry about them being cold/wet. Thanks for any info!

Don't worry, onceuponadream. As long as you sit at least 15 rows or so back you should be fine. The reserved seats extend along one side, from the front to the back of the seating area, so you still have lots of choice.

We were about 2/3 of the way back and felt we had a good view without any fear of getting wet. We chose Hollywood & Vine and I thought the meal they offered was adequate. This time we're going to try Brown Derby, instead.

We ate at the Brown Derby in October. The only thing I would warn you about is that all the people going to Fantasmic must order a meal. This means children also. We have an 8 yr. old and twins that are 3. At most of the restaurants we would buy 2 kids meals and split them between the 3 kids. The Brown Derby is expensive so this ended up being a very pricey meal! We were not aware of this when we booked the package and we had to wait a long time even though we had a PS. The castmember felt bad about making us buy meals for all 3 kids so she gave us 2 free desserts.

I'm not sure, but I think I read on these boards that only the adults have to order Entrees. Please someone tell me I'm not making a wrong assumption. This could get VERY expensive. RATS

This may be a case where the rules are interpreted differently by different castmembers at different times. We HAD to order an entree for each child when we were there. We had friends at the same restaurant with a different server that also had to order dinner for each of their children. The other restaurants might be different and maybe they have changed this. I would go expecting to have to order for the children and if you don't have to great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter