Fantasmic dinner package

sarehm

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done this and is it worth it? I remember waiting in line for fantasmic for hours and that seems like such a waste of time! They've added Hollywood and Vine to the choices and since I'm a picky eater this sounds appealing cause I'm sure I'll find something on the buffet that I'll like! Thanks!

i'm a big fan of the fantasmic dinner package...how can you go wrong...you have to eat somewhere anyway and you get to enter the show without waiting for hours and are guaranteed a seat....
hollywood and vine has actually been available for this package for some years now...we have done the brown derby once and hollywood and vine 4 times now...i really like hollywood and vine as i am also a picky eater (meat and potatoes for me) and can always find something good here....
in a nutshell...is it worth it???? absolutely...
have a great time!!!
sunking

I think it depends upon the time of year.

We were at WDW last week, and arrived at Fantasmic about 30 minutes before the show. We got seats in one of the 3-4 sections right around the middle of the stage. The dinner package reserved section is all the way to the right of the stage. By the time the show had started, the TWO sections all the way to the left of the stage were completely empty.

I won't offer a judgement on the quality of the seats because some people are just as satisified being on an end as they are being in the middle. But from my off-season visit experiences, there's really no need for the dinner package. Those who arrived 5 mins before the show had just as good or better seats in the stadium.

If you're visiting during a busier time of year, the dinner package will guarantee you a seat, albeit perhaps not an ideal seating location. If you want a "better" seat, you still need to arrive with the general public.

Incidentally, we ate at Hollywood and Vine our Fantasmic night and the food was wonderful. Best combination of selection and quality we had during our stay.

We did this last summer and were disappointed. Could've been the Mama Melrose's dinner that wasn't that great and the fact that the seating was then over to the far right of the show.

My advice is to check on the time of year you'll be there--if the crowds aren't outrageous, there is no reason you won't be able to get a good seat in a better location at Fantasmic.

You are all making me rethink my PS:( I remember the wait being so long without it last trip

It is Wed night of President's Week

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by InstImpres
You are all making me rethink my PS:( I remember the wait being so long without it last trip

It is Wed night of President's Week

Any thoughts?

It's packed always, but holidays make things worse. Personally, I dont think the reserved section is anything to get excited over so I'd go for dinner on your own + fantasmic.

the reserved section is off to the right of the center of the show "area"...we have sat in both the center and the far left and right and i really did not feel that being in the middle of the show area made any difference to the quaility of the show or our ability to enjoy it...the water screens are off to the left and the right so you will have no problem viewing them and the boat's go around the show area so you won't have any problem seeing them either...
there has been much debate as to where to sit during fantasmic but i really think that it doesn't really matter....the dinner package ensures you a seat without the wait...if you got there last minute on the dinner package and there was room in the middle you could always slide in there...
only advice that i can give regarding seating is to not sit too close to the front if it is anywhere near cold...you will get wet if and then you will freeze...we have made that mistake as well...
have a great time...fantasmic is the best of the nighttime shows that disney offers....
sunking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter