• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic! FASTPASS Testing-NOW (April 22-27)

It has already happened. Bleachers in the standing room were added as a convenience for guests to sit before the show begins.

While some have been added, not all. This is beyond the standing room. Regardless, I can personally assure you that the Fantasmic! stadium seats will not all be reserved for DP and FP.

While some have been added, not all. This is beyond the standing room. Regardless, I can personally assure you that the Fantasmic! stadium seats will not all be reserved for DP and FP.

All have been added, and I'll tell you the view is terrible from them. That is why it is still the "Standing Room" with preshow seating. The information in those articles is incorrect also, the general seating is higher than 6900 and the standing room is less than 3000.

All have been added, and I'll tell you the view is terrible from them. That is why it is still the "Standing Room" with preshow seating. The information in those articles is incorrect also, the general seating is higher than 6900 and the standing room is less than 3000.

Fine, while I believe you're mistaken, I'll go along with it. All I'm really trying to say is that I don't see how this conclusion is being drawn.

We participated on the 23rd (just got home last night). I LOVED it. We didn't have to sit there forever, had decent seats, and knew we would get into the theater!!!!

I have photos of them I will try to upload tomorrow

We'll be going in July and were planning on taking our 2 year old to see the show for the first time. We think she will really enjoy it. We weren't planning on doing the DP, but with everything maybe we should. Which do you recommend FP or the DP? I'm so confused. I know she won't be able to seat for a long time and I'm afraid that's what will happen with the FP and for sure with Standby. I don't know what to do. Recommendations please.

We'll be going in July and were planning on taking our 2 year old to see the show for the first time. We think she will really enjoy it. We weren't planning on doing the DP, but with everything maybe we should. Which do you recommend FP or the DP? I'm so confused. I know she won't be able to seat for a long time and I'm afraid that's what will happen with the FP and for sure with Standby. I don't know what to do. Recommendations please.

The reasoning behind the FP is to open the theater later and no longer have people wasting their time. I would recommend waiting until FP+ rolls out before making your decision. All they are doing now is testing the best theater procedures so things will continue to change.

More more more more more changes!

I'll give you a final roundup at the end of the week once everything is settled, but for now I'll tell you what they have done the last two night.

DP seating was once again moved, now it is in Mickey and Pocahontas.

Everything over to Beast is for FP.

Everything over to witch is for SB.

SB guests take the route of your original maps going up the small ramp at witch them going to seat in their sections.

Below are the changes.

These temporary FastPass TEST maps were created April 25, 2013, PM.

DHS-Paths-F_FP_042513_zpsd0805933.jpg

FantasmicFP-BE-WS-List_042513_zpsa9c13bdd.jpg

F-FP-BE-CU_042513_zpsf5cf3900.jpg

Is there really a standing room section on the audience right side of the theater? Or do you think they will build one like the one on the left? I don't remember one being there but it looks like there is room.

. A set number of FP will be given out per day, and note that it will be in the same sub-group as TSMM,

Ahhh.... the plot thickens.

Everyone still loving the whole FP+ thing?

So if they are in the same group, and if you only get one from that group, what do you do? And keep in mind what the mere presence of FP+ does to the standby experience........

Do you do DHS 2 days now?

Do the Fantasmic Dining package become the hottest ticket in town?

Does rope drop for TSMM become crazy again, now that they finally have that issue fixed with a slightly early open?

Ahhh.... the plot thickens.

Everyone still loving the whole FP+ thing?

So if they are in the same group, and if you only get one from that group, what do you do? And keep in mind what the mere presence of FP+ does to the standby experience........

Do the Fantasmic Dining package become the hottest ticket in town?

Does rope drop for TSMM become crazy again, now that they finally have that issue fixed with a slightly early open?

Yup:sad2:

It will likely be grouped Fantasmic, TSMM, RcRC and TOT, with a "you pick two".

So its either wait significantly for a headliner or miss the nighttime entertainment.

On the upside- you will definitely be able to score a FP+ for the backlot tour or Lights Motor Action :rolleyes1

Yup:sad2:

It will likely be grouped Fantasmic, TSMM, RcRC and TOT, with a "you pick two".

So its either wait significantly for a headliner or miss the nighttime entertainment.

On the upside- you will definitely be able to score a FP+ for the backlot tour or Lights Motor Action :rolleyes1

From what I know DHS will be two sub-groups.

Group A: TSMM, Fant! an RcRC
Group B: Everything else.

You only get to choose 1 from A and 2 from B.

Below are the changes.

These temporary FastPass TEST maps were created April 25, 2013, PM.

Another update from last night. The DP sections were Mickey and Scar, with Pocahontas over to Beast FP and Sebastian to Witch Standby. Only change that was made last night.

From what I know DHS will be two sub-groups.

Group A: TSMM, Fant! an RcRC
Group B: Everything else.

You only get to choose 1 from A and 2 from B.

Any FP+ fans left out there now? At least with TSMM and RnR you can do rope drop, and theoretically standby is a reasonable option. But I'm not sure if that will be the case with Fantasmic if what Buzz has been reporting here pans out.

We usually are able to do 2 DHS days (one day we start late and stay through Fantasmic; we don't even attempt TSM that day). The other day we do rope drop.

But two DHS days isn't going to work for a lot of people. (To which I can just hear Ursula saying, "Life is just full of hard choices, isn't it?) Ugh.

We usually are able to do 2 DHS days (one day we start late and stay through Fantasmic; we don't even attempt TSM that day). The other day we do rope drop.

But two DHS days isn't going to work for a lot of people. (To which I can just hear Ursula saying, "Life is just full of hard choices, isn't it?) Ugh.

::yes::

And apparently on the way go getting even harder.......

We have done 2 DHS days before, but just don't see that being our answer from here forward. But then we're rope drop folks. So if we want to reserve Fantasmic, we'll just ride TSMM a couple times at RD and be fine. RnR is where it would get tricky for us. That's our big draw there now. If it gets too hard, we could end up just passing on DHS entirely.

The part I find most interesting in all of this is that everyone was all excited that FP+ would save them from needing to be at DHS at rope drop to do TSMM. They envisioned sleeping in with TSMM all reserved for them in the afternoon. Which will still happen for those lucky enough to get the coveted afternoon slots. But are they willing to possibly give up Fantasmic as part of that late start day.

Choices, choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter