• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Fastpass

traciruns

Mouseketeer
We are WDW vets heading to DL for the first time later this month. We have decided to try for a Fastpass for Fantasmic rather than going with one of the dining packages. I have heard that they go fairly quickly but is this something we need to get first thing at rope drop? How does the viewing area compare to the dining package viewing? Is it true that pulling the F! FP won't impact our MP selections? Any other tips are definitely welcome...we want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks so much!

At least you should just get the Hungry Bear Dinner Package.
Save the trouble, the regular Fantasmic FP view isn't the greatest when you have to do so much in order to get the not so great view.
Get to the Fantasmic FP machines early, get to the viewing waiting area early, isn't worth it to me.

That being said
FP for Fantasmic sells out about an hour or two after park opening
Fantasmic FP is a separate FP system than ride FPs

ME

Last edited:
If you really want to stick with the free FPs instead of getting a dining package, make sure to budget for time in your schedule for getting the FPs early and for waiting early for the line for the FP return area to open. Most of the free FP area will be standing only, so unless all of your group is tall, it will be important to have spots up front -- which means being near the front of the line when the area opens. If everyone in your group is tall, you won't have to wait as long for good spots in the viewing area.

Unless you're not eating in the parks at all, I would DEFINITELY get at least the Hungry Bear package. At the end of a long, hot day, spending a couple of hours standing in line/waiting to watch the show crammed in with lots of strangers who have also spent a long, hot day in the parks can really kill the magic. Also, as mentioned, unless you're all tall, actually being able to watch the show isn't the easiest in the standing areas!

Fast pass for F! is a really BAD set-up! There actually is NO line before hand and people just crowd in when they open the area. Then you are held in a waiting area so again, no line. when they open it up and you get into the area it is a mad rush to a "good" spot and be crammed in.....your basic cattle call. We were right next to a dining package area, but standing only in a huge crowd!
I would not do it again!

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate this feedback. I wasn't able to get a BB dining package because this is a somewhat last minute trip and it appears to be sold out while we are there. I had looked at the HB package and thought it seemed very fair (and there is availability), but the menu doesn't look so awesome. Those who have tried it...is the food okay? It's too bad that the fastpass isn't a little better. At WDW, we've done the dining package for F! and ended up having a bunch of FP people sitting near us, so I guess I had hoped it wouldn't be so bad. Thanks again!

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate this feedback. I wasn't able to get a BB dining package because this is a somewhat last minute trip and it appears to be sold out while we are there. I had looked at the HB package and thought it seemed very fair (and there is availability), but the menu doesn't look so awesome. Those who have tried it...is the food okay? It's too bad that the fastpass isn't a little better. At WDW, we've done the dining package for F! and ended up having a bunch of FP people sitting near us, so I guess I had hoped it wouldn't be so bad. Thanks again!
We ate at HB this past Saturday for the first show of F! & we all ordered the salmon even my 6 kids which was delicious. The rice dish was also pretty good but the kale bean salad was not so good & only my 12 year old daughter liked it lol. My husband wasn't thrilled by the cost but later loved the show & the uncrowded seats plus the ability to walk up to get spots even 15-20 minutes before the show to sit front & center was amazing! You could always order off the regular menu instead which we considered but this was our last of 3 park days & we were tired of hamurgers/regular park fare food. :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter