• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic fire effects changed? Maybe due to cold?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Wondering if I had an off night or if something really changed with Fantasmic fire effects. Went to the late show on Tues and the only fire effect was a brief spit of fire from the dragon. Didn’t they used to light some of the water on fire? The ending didn’t even make sense as there was like no battle.

Does weather make a difference? It was cold. Or did this all change after the Disneyland incident and I just missed it? Totally possible lol.

Saw it at the end of October and the fire was normal. However, we didn't have the dragon. 🙄
Now that would have been puzzling 😂

maybe it is because of the fire that happened and ruined the dragon etc
Nah, it was paused briefly but had long been back to normal. They use entirely different tech for the “dragon” at WDW and it was deemed safe to continue using.

There was fire on the water for the show that we saw on December 17.
AWESOME news!! Thanks for reporting!

I remember reading a thread here last November (2022) around the time of re-opening; someone would update it almost daily with the different effects that did and didn't work at each show. Could just be the pyro wasn't working properly that night but, unsure.

Wondering if I had an off night or if something really changed with Fantasmic fire effects. Went to the late show on Tues and the only fire effect was a brief spit of fire from the dragon. Didn’t they used to light some of the water on fire? The ending didn’t even make sense as there was like no battle.

Does weather make a difference? It was cold. Or did this all change after the Disneyland incident and I just missed it? Totally possible lol.
Lol no it’s still supposed to happen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter