Fantasmic for 6 yr old?

BubblyTrip

Mouseketeer
Don' t dare miss it or meh?

This is our first HS visit. It's the first day of four park days and we rope drop. We are coming from the West Coast the evening before, so long day of travel and three hr time change.

Right now I have the Fantasmic dinner package booked with H&V (actually for lunch, since you can do it that way now). Fantasmic is at 8:30 and I worry it will make for a really long day, even if we break in the afternoon (there will certainly not be napping even if we break). We will RD the next day at Epcot, but that day I plan to leave after an early-ish dinner.

We seem to get to DW every year because we have family close by, so it won't be our last visit, and I have FP for MSEP on our last night.

I just can't decide if this is worthwhile, or totally fine to wait until another visit when he stays up later.

For the record, I am not worried about the scare factor with him.

We had one (6) who was terrified & 3 who thought it was just kind of dumb. Honestly, we preferred the pre-show entertainment.

I anticipate my opinion being in the minority though :)

Since you don't really pay extra for the package, why not keep it and then if you all get pooped out and cranky, just skip Fantasmic. You get the meal either way! My daughter at 6 would have been up until 10 pm at the least, even on a rope drop, but every kid is different, so it's hard to say for sure.

It is LOUD and a little scary for younger kids. Mine was not into it until about 8.

My 5 year old was fine with it, but wasn't rushing to get back or anything. The lateness factor on day 1 is what would worry me, especially since you're getting up early the next day.

I'd probably skip, but you know your family best.

Our kids wouldn't forgive me if we missed it :). Yes I've had kids spooked, but that just meant that mommy or daddy got some snuggles for a minute. They'll get to see SO MANY princes and princesses and other fun characters, and there's a happy ending. I've had kids of all ages and fright-tolerance watching it.

For us, this is the thing that shows us the magic of Disney World...even more than Wishes.

I'm in pretty much the same boat but I figured if the kids are too pooped to go, we will just give our passes to another family. We booked at mama melrose's, the dinner cost doesnt look any more expensive, so no real loss and someone else may be very happy!

My 4 year old LOVED it. I did show her the full show on You Tube prior to going so she knew exactly what to expect both in regards to sound and visuals. She wasn't the least bit scared or even startled by any part of the show. We did the package as well except we ate at MM. The show is great and it's a must do for us each trip.

I'm a big F! fan but I think at that age, you can skip and catch it at another point when stamina is better.

I think my grandchildren were OK with it (then 1 and 4). They went to sleep. I don't know how but.. they did. This next summer they will be 3 and 6 so hope they can stay awake and enjoy it and not be scared of it. We have the Fantasmic Hollywood and Vine Character lunch also. We already had it reserved when I noticed Disney had added the lunch, so I cancelled and made reservations again with the package. I hope I did not pay more than I was originally going to .

My son loves it. He even bought the CD because he likes the music so much. I think he was about 6 when we went. We are rope droppers as well, but I would prob sleep in a bit on your first day and plan to be there for the show. FP+ should help with getting stuff done without rope drop.

It will likely still feel like 5:30 pm if you are coming from the West Coast. I would see how you all feel. Getting up for RD the next day might be tough. We have a 1 hour difference and the RD mornings are rougher than the evenings, but having a night time show to end our magical day is worth it for us. With 4 park days you can probably muster through if you just take a leisurely approach and find something relaxing midday. DD was 5 and DS was 7 last trip, and they both loved Fantasmic!

It's one of my favorite shows and our two kids (at the time 6 and 2) liked it - they got scared during some parts but also enjoyed quite a bit!

Our second family trip to WDW was when my son was 6. Fantasmic! was his favorite thing from the whole trip.

It will likely still feel like 5:30 pm if you are coming from the West Coast. I would see how you all feel. Getting up for RD the next day might be tough.

I know it should feel early, but we'll be rope dropping that day after the long flight the day before and we tour pretty hard, so I think he'll be tired by dinner. I decided to get an 8 AM H&V so we can have a better chance at Jedi Training, which is one of the top priorities of the day. Fantasmic just might fall of the radar for this trip. Kind of sad, but we'll have something to look forward to next time.

We skipped it our last trip (kids were 5&6), not so much for the spook factor, but for the lateness factor. You know your child better than anyone else. Will a later night effect how the next day goes? For me, the answer was simple. Yes. My youngest likes his sleep, if we wanted to do rope drops (the rest of us are early risers), we couldn't do many nights past 9 pm. We did two last trip - Pirates and Pals cruise and the Electrical Parade and fireworks. He was asleep before we got back to the hotel both times and was a little harder to wake the next morning. Fantasmic is on our to-do list this fall. He'll be 7 this trip, hoping for a few more later nights.

Trying it for the first time on this trip. My dd 8 has seen the youtube version. I can't wait to see it, she on the other hand said she thought it looked boring.
I am hoping the live action will thrill her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter