• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Has Finally Returned!!

mrsap

DIS Veteran

‘Fantasmic!’ Returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios Nov. 3

“Welcome to Fantasmic! …

I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time to hear those iconic words again. That’s why I could not be more excited to share that “Fantasmic!”returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Nov. 3.
Back and better than ever, the larger-than-life, open-air nighttime musical will boast the live performers, stunning effects, rousing music and dazzling pyrotechnics you know and love – complete with a brand-new show sequence!

“Through this entire sequence, we go on a journey with our heroes. We see them faced with a decision, and how hard that can be for them, then watch as they find that strength within themselves to push through in a truly spectacular way,” says Disney Live Entertainment Show Director, Matthew Hamel.

And spectacular it is. The new heroes sequence features a high-energy Aladdin chase with stunts never before seen on the “Fantasmic!” stage, a powerful scene with Elsa set to the song “Show Yourself” that is sure to thaw the most frozen of hearts, and stirring moments with Pocahontas, Moana and Mulan. Fun fact: To help choreograph the authentic Chinese martial arts you’ll see in Mulan’s scene, the creative team brought in Mimi Chan – the original muse and model animators used when bringing the character of Mulan to life for the 1998 animated film.

“We know this show means so much to people, and we’ve kept that in mind every step of this journey.” says Disney Live Entertainment Producer, Laurice Marier. “Even beyond the new scene, we’ve taken this time to upgrade the lasers, the lighting, the sound, all to bring this show back even more beautiful than it’s ever been. We’re all really just so excited for guests to see it.”

And not just our guests – our cast members are alsothrilled about the return of “Fantasmic!”. To celebrate the homecoming of this beloved show, Walt Disney World cast members will be among the first to see “Fantasmic!” with special previews … so, to all my cast member friends, stay tuned! We’ll share more about that later.

So, will the powers of Mickey’s incredible imagination still be strong enough, and bright enough, to withstand the evil forces that invade Mickey’s dreams? We are about to find out. See you there!

And don’t miss out! Beginning Oct. 26, “Fantasmic!” dining packages for select restaurants at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be available for performances Nov. 30 and beyond.

Last edited:
New ‘Fantasmic!’ Show Will Be Longer, Disney World Offers Details of New Scenes & Upgrades

When it returns November 3, 2022, Fantasmic will be a slightly longer show than it was in 2020 (h/t Scott Gustin). Previously a 26-27 minute show, Fantasmic will be 29 minutes when it returns in a few weeks. Disney World offered the following details about the show’s return, including some more info about new scenes:

Forces of good and evil will once again battle it out in Mickey’s dream as the long-awaited return of Fantasmic! debuts Nov. 3 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort. The legendary nighttime spectacular invites guests into Mickey’s imagination for a larger-than-life show painted on a grand canvas of dancing water overflowing with silly and suspenseful surprises.

The elaborate 29-minute nighttime spectacular takes place nightly – a kaleidoscope of entertainment featuring thrilling stunts, dazzling special effects and a rousing score based on classic Disney animated films. Fantasmic! is just one of many new and returning live-entertainment experiences guests can enjoy during the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration.

Eye-Catching Visuals, Immersive Storytelling
The show combines live performers with stunning special effects, colorful pyrotechnic explosions, animation and dancing waters synchronized to the melodies of timeless Disney classics.

“It was extremely exciting to take advantage of technological enhancements that didn’t originally exist when the show opened in 1998,” says Katrina Mena Rick, broadcast creative producer for Disney Live Entertainment. “So, we [worked] with other disciplines such as special effects, lighting, lasers and music to ensure that our visual content was as exactly seamless and as beautiful as it could be.”

A Journey Beyond Guests’ Wildest Imaginations
Audiences are transported into a fantastical adventure with Mickey Mouse where his magic creates dancing waters, shooting comets, animated fountains, swirling stars, balls of fire and other amazing wonders. When Disney villains intrude on Mickey’s fantasy and turn his dreams into nightmares, he uses the powers of good to triumph over evil.

“Bringing back Fantasmic! here at Disney’s Hollywood Studios means so much to our guests,” says Mena Rick. “It was a task to not only preserve the legacy of the show but also introduce new characters for the next generation.”

Last edited:

Fantasmic! Dining Package Locations and Prices

Disney World has released more details about the Fantasmic dining packages that will be available to book on October 26th for performance dates starting November 30th. Here are the Fantasmic Dining Package locations and prices:

Dining Packages and Prices​

Here’s what’s included in each Fantasmic! Dining Package:

• An entrée and appetizer or dessert at select full-service restaurants or one (1) full buffet (where applicable), along with a non-alcoholic beverage
  • One voucher for guaranteed seating at Fantasmic! in a reserved area
Explore participating restaurants and dining package prices, which exclude tax and gratuity:

Dining Location
Adults
(ages 10 & up)
Kids
(Ages 9 & Under)
50’s Prime Time Cafe
Classic American comfort food, ’50s kitsch and a good old-fashioned family gathering take you back to a bygone era.
$51.00$22.00
Hollywood & Vine
Celebrate breakfast with Disney Junior Stars or enjoy lunch and dinner with Minnie and friends at seasonal dining parties.
Breakfast:$54.00
Lunch & Dinner:$71.00
Breakfast:$36.00
Lunch & Dinner:$47.00
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
Mangia in the backlot of Disney’s Hollywood Studios at this casual but colorful Italian eatery with a California twist.
$54.00$22.00
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Do dinner and a show ’50s-style at our drive-in “theater,” featuring all-American cuisine and sci-fi movie clips.
$49.00$22.00
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Step into the Golden Age of Hollywood at this warm, wood-paneled restaurant serving contemporary American cuisine.
$73.00$29.00

Last edited:

The OP feels like a press release, or some kind of advertisment. It was clearly drafted ahead of time by someone.
Who do you work for OP?

Anyone know of the best way to get in before November 30th???? Will there be a genie+/ILL option or just hop over from magic and if it doesn’t look like we have a shot to get in just skyline to Epcot for harmonious as plan b

So unfortunately for us, having not been in 13 years, the dining packages don’t start until November 30 and our last day is the 21st. We have always done the dining package. Will they add this to Genie+? Or ILL? Will this work if we are hopping from another park that day? What time should we get there if it starts at 8? How can I minimize DH having to stand since he has a bad back? It’s one of his favorites and this is a special trip for us with some milestone BDs. Any suggestions welcome!

The OP feels like a press release, or some kind of advertisment. It was clearly drafted ahead of time by someone.
Who do you work for OP?
I mean it is - is was written by Joey McElroy, Communications Manager, Disney Live Entertainment .... on the Disney Parks Blog.... that OP kindly copy/pasted to make it easy for us all to read and discuss....

It’s been years since I’ve watched Fantasmic (had to wait until my kids would no longer be scared, then the pandemic happened.) Can anyone refresh my memory on how long you typically have to wait in line to get in? We are going early November, so dining packages won’t be an option. I don’t care about sitting near the front or anything, but I can’t recall if we’d still get a seat if we got in line 30 mins before or if it was more like an hour plus. I do remember waiting in the packed mobs to get in though….ugh.

Already had plans to go to DHS on 11/3 that morning for a half day.....it is probably going to be a madhouse.

so the package is just a ticket, not a specific location where you can watch the show??

is the reserved area better than let's say the area you could get from genie plus?

Yeeaaahh. My first trip from Europe since the pandemic and my favourite show is back. Hope I can book 1-3 dining packages for my 3week-trip on 10/26.

@DaviVascaino until the pandemic the ticket you received with the dining package were for 2 of the middle blocks, you still had to be a bit early to find a seat there. But these middle blocks were blocked of only for dining packages, without it you couldn't sit there

Last edited:
Got some friends going around that date.

Will like to know if it will be on Genie+ and how/if DAS card would work on it.

If they have it DAS eligible it would be the only one you could have until the end of the day once you book it so idk if it would be a good choice. We always did the dining which got us into the center section without much of a wait. I think it was a fast pass plus option too so they might do LL for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter