Fantasmic help with no Dining Ressies

GatorChris

Not of This World
I blew it. End of last week, I thought I only need to get one reservation: Hungry Bear for F! on Oct 21 (last day of the trip). Unfortunately, Uncle Covid came to visit over the weekend and beat me up enough to forget about waking up Monday to grab those reservations. So, I check today and naturally they're all gone. Make me wish for the good old days when DIsneyland wasn't like WDW and we didn't have rush to make reservations. Anyway, not that I'm holding the trophy for worst dad-of-the-year for SCREWING our last Disney trip before my oldest goes to college next year, what are my options to even see the show? I figure we definitely don't want to see the first show. But is there something other than standing room only for the second show? Can't believe I'm saying this, but now I miss the old "Blanket City" from when we had to mark out a space 4 hours in advance.

You know what would make this easier? Disney actually doing F! each night of the week. And don't even give me the "fireworks in a residential area". F! fireworks are the noiseless type. They just need to be like Hollywood Studios used to do and perform each night. Quit being so dang cheap, Disneyland.

You can make a regular Riverbelle reservation and ask to upgrade to Fantasmic from your server- this one can't be precooked so good chance you get it.

Blue bayou fantasmic packages haven't dropped yet- so watch for those.

If you don't want a dinning package plan for the second show- walk up is much easier for it.

Just keep checking. I missed the Plaza parade viewing booking (totally flaked on what day I needed to book). I just kept checking and about a month out I was able to get it booked.

Get a subscription for one of the dining alert websites and you will be very likely indeed to be able to get Hungry Bear.

This is just so....Disney. Something that used to be easy and free is now difficult and costs extra. Yes. Very Disney.

This is just so....Disney. Something that used to be easy and free is now difficult and costs extra. Yes. Very Disney.
We're not even going to see Fantasmic on our trip next week because of the need for dining reservations. We have BB dining reservations. I just can't bring myself to pay extra to see Fantasmic. We used to walk right up to it during the second showing with no issue and a great view back in the day.

We're not even going to see Fantasmic on our trip next week because of the need for dining reservations. We have BB dining reservations. I just can't bring myself to pay extra to see Fantasmic. We used to walk right up to it during the second showing with no issue and a great view back in the day.
You can still do this.especially for the second show.

Have to admit, Disney sure finds ways to get you to spend more for experiences, like having to book a meal for an optimum space for Fantasmic, rather than a fastpass system. Do I like it? No. But I respect their business acumen. One advantage that Florida seemed to have for Fantasmic was tiered bleacher seating when we went about 7 years ago (we used a dinner reserved seating option. On the other hand, the entire show was cancelled after five minutes due to thunderstorms (this was in late August).

I blew it. End of last week, I thought I only need to get one reservation: Hungry Bear for F! on Oct 21 (last day of the trip). Unfortunately, Uncle Covid came to visit over the weekend and beat me up enough to forget about waking up Monday to grab those reservations. So, I check today and naturally they're all gone. Make me wish for the good old days when DIsneyland wasn't like WDW and we didn't have rush to make reservations. Anyway, not that I'm holding the trophy for worst dad-of-the-year for SCREWING our last Disney trip before my oldest goes to college next year, what are my options to even see the show? I figure we definitely don't want to see the first show. But is there something other than standing room only for the second show? Can't believe I'm saying this, but now I miss the old "Blanket City" from when we had to mark out a space 4 hours in advance.

You know what would make this easier? Disney actually doing F! each night of the week. And don't even give me the "fireworks in a residential area". F! fireworks are the noiseless type. They just need to be like Hollywood Studios used to do and perform each night. Quit being so dang cheap, Disneyland.
You got the best advice already, but I just want to add I am frustrated Disney is not doing F! on Tuesdays in October. They did in 2019. It’s such a busy time cutting entertainment doesn’t make sense.

Sometimes there is a seated section between the River Belle Terrace sitting area and standing area on that side. Unfortunately, it's not always available and very difficult to get. For the second show, I recommend going right around when the first show ends and ask the CMs what sections will be after fireworks. You watch fireworks from there and then sit if they are doing the sitting area there that day. I much prefer just doing a standing area rather than doing this though.

Reservations for Hungry Bear definitely open up. I had three for this week and cancelled two after deciding on the best time.

You got the best advice already, but I just want to add I am frustrated Disney is not doing F! on Tuesdays in October. They did in 2019. It’s such a busy time cutting entertainment doesn’t make sense.
I'm with you here. Disney is just being cheap. If not for my daughter in her senior year asking for this, we'd fly back to Orlando for Universal. So much more for your money.

Sometimes there is a seated section between the River Belle Terrace sitting area and standing area on that side. Unfortunately, it's not always available and very difficult to get. For the second show, I recommend going right around when the first show ends and ask the CMs what sections will be after fireworks. You watch fireworks from there and then sit if they are doing the sitting area there that day. I much prefer just doing a standing area rather than doing this though.

Reservations for Hungry Bear definitely open up. I had three for this week and cancelled two after deciding on the best time.
The only problem being they just offer it on the weekends in October, which is dumb. Busiest time of the year! If they had it multiple nights, this wouldn't be an issue. As is, I have one shot: Friday night. And that's not very likely to open up, or for me to even catch it if it does open. My decade long frustration with DL is that unlike WDW, they don't offer stuff like this every day of the week. I feel like I'm getting ripped Mon-Thursday at DL.

My guess is that a lot of the weekday traffic during October is Magic Key holders. So it is extremely busy but they don’t feel it financial viable or necessary to run the shows at nice.

I have solidly moved to Team Summer / Christmas for planning our vacations. We have much better experiences than trying to visit during the “off seasons” (although Halloweentime really can’t be considered off season anymore)

I think you’ll be surprised by the fact, you can still do that. I hope it works out for you! 🤞🏼

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter