Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

Yes! Our group of 8 was able to snag HB F! for the later show. I have a couple of questions.

I’m worried that sitting on the ground will be incredibly uncomfortable- can we bring personal inflatable seat cushions to use? Even that one inch off the ground will help.

Can two people in our group go to the area when it opens and save a spot on the ground for all of us? One person in our group will likely qualify for DAS due to issues that impact their ability to wait. I’m wondering if I can I take the 6 that are linked to the das (including myself), and arrive closer to the start of the show with the two people waiting and saving our spot on the ground.

Yes! Our group of 8 was able to snag HB F! for the later show. I have a couple of questions.

I’m worried that sitting on the ground will be incredibly uncomfortable- can we bring personal inflatable seat cushions to use? Even that one inch off the ground will help.

Can two people in our group go to the area when it opens and save a spot on the ground for all of us? One person in our group will likely qualify for DAS due to issues that impact their ability to wait. I’m wondering if I can I take the 6 that are linked to the das (including myself), and arrive closer to the start of the show with the two people waiting and saving our spot on the ground.
How did you know it was for a second show? I want to do this but I want to do it for a second show.

That’s a lot of spots to save. But if you’re fine with the back of the section, or not sitting completely together, you should be ok. The areas closest to the show/rail will fill up quickly and two people would not be able to save 6 extra spots there.

What are the chances of being able to see Fantasmic with no dining package walking up about 10 minutes beforehand? I understand the view would not be the best but I am trying to decide if we should even bother to see this or not.

I have a BB reservation for August 17th, around lunch time. I don't think F! packages were available when I snagged my reservation. I've read through the thread but I'm still not sure; is it possible to convert this to a F! dining package? Thanks!

I have a BB reservation for August 17th, around lunch time. I don't think F! packages were available when I snagged my reservation. I've read through the thread but I'm still not sure; is it possible to convert this to a F! dining package? Thanks!
Yes, ask your server. The dedicated packages don’t start until the end of the month.

What are the chances of being able to see Fantasmic with no dining package walking up about 10 minutes beforehand? I understand the view would not be the best but I am trying to decide if we should even bother to see this or not.
Very slim for the first show.

Fantasmic packages for Blue Bayou and standard River Belle never showed up for Oct 1 and did not show up yet today for Oct 2nd. Both days River Belle terrace premium and Hungry Bear have opened. I am going to try and call to see if blue bayou is upgradable.

We discussed our experience this week. We upgraded our package on the spot. Blue Bayou only has 9 pm Fantasmic packages currently. They have not received cushions that they ordered so aren’t giving them out (we asked). You can chose to downgrade as well. The view was great and completely worth it. Someone saved a spot and had her spouse bring dole whips and snacks (great thinking). The server told us we can arrive between 8:30-8:45 pm for the 9 pm show. We saw people walking in even a minute before the show but the viewing area was pretty full by then (I would say 5-10 mins is enough if you have back issues). The show itself is 30 mins long.

We were told in error by a CM at the roped off area that we needed to get in line at 30 mins so it was super hard for us to sit on the ground with back issues (DDD, slipped disc). Some people were laying flat on blankets which is the way to go. One parent was able to stand next to the wheelchairs with a baby in a carrier but had to sit down when the show started (no standing allowed). No Flash Photography.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/blue-bayou-and-fantasmic.3888708/

They need to sell water/drinks like they do at HS.

Last edited:
Okay just an FYI fantasmic dining Blue Bayou and standard River Belle for Oct 1 & 2 have not dropped and could open at anytime according to cm I just had with chat feature in the app. Took 3 hours for a response, and this info could of course be false.
I tried since 530 am all the way through 7am both days for these times and kept looking throughout yesterday for the 1st. So setup a reservation finder if you are hoping for these dates. I work 12 hour night shifts and stayed up late today to just try and get an answer if we would be able to upgrade regular reservations. If they release middle of the day I might miss it..

Good luck and may the odds be in your favor.

Okay just an FYI fantasmic dining Blue Bayou and standard River Belle for Oct 1 & 2 have not dropped and could open at anytime according to cm I just had with chat feature in the app. Took 3 hours for a response, and this info could of course be false.
I tried since 530 am all the way through 7am both days for these times and kept looking throughout yesterday for the 1st. So setup a reservation finder if you are hoping for these dates. I work 12 hour night shifts and stayed up late today to just try and get an answer if we would be able to upgrade regular reservations. If they release middle of the day I might miss it..

Good luck and may the odds be in your favor.
I think the upgrading is going to stop after end of Aug as posted above

I did set a stakeout app reminder (it sends a text and that’s how I grabbed Blue Bayou) for my trip that just ended and no one cancelled.

Excuse the dumb question but a Fantasmic BB dinner package for 9pm would be for the second showing right?

We have the Hungry Bear package on Sunday Aug 14th. While we are excited for the show, I think our crew would prefer to get more rides in and not have to be sitting at the reserved spot until closer to the show start. Based on experience, what would you all say is a safe time to get there for the 9pm show, is 830 ok? I would imagine if you aren't in the front on the rail, there isn't going to be a huge difference if you are back a few rows.

Not a dumb question! That is the first showing. 2nd is I believe 10:30pm.
I think I said that wrong,
If we made a 9pm reservation for BB (so we would arrive to BB at 9pm) that would be the second show right? The 1st show starts at 9pm doesn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter