• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic or Osborne lights?

missgb

Earning My Ears
It's our first trip to Disney, and we're bringing our sons (aged 5 and almost 3). I was planning on going to Hollywood Studios on 11/22 to try to see Fantasmic, and I made ADRs at Mama Melrose. Now I see that it's the only night of the season that the Osborne lights won't be on. Should I switch which day I go to HS? We don't have parkhopper option... My husband thinks maybe Fantasmic will be too much for the kids, especially since they normally go to bed by 7 pm and the show is at 8 pm and it also might be scary. Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Personally - I think you should go on a night the O-Lights will be on - THEY ARE INCREDIBLE! You don't need to miss them. Fantasmic - I can take it or leave it but do think you should see it at least one time.

My girls will be almost 5 and just 3 when we go. I plan to skip Fantasmic b/c of the reasons you stated. But I definitely want to see the osbourne lights!!

I also totally agree the Osbourne Lights are way better and it snows there too! Fantasmic was cute the first time but not what I thought it would be so we often skip that. Have a great trip!

Saw O lights last night--they are great! Fantasmic is a very loud show, I would think twice before i took a young child there. It hurts my 57 year old ears.

I just got back and my kids (ages 3 & 8) loved the Osborne lights and didn't care for Fantasmic. I'd recommended the Osborne lights...they are awesome!

My husband thinks maybe Fantasmic will be too much for the kids, especially since they normally go to bed by 7 pm and the show is at 8 pm and it also might be scary. Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Agree. Not for the very young. Osborne Lights are delightful for everyone. Watch your kids closely. It is VERY crowded!

Fantasmic - wait til kids are older.

We just got back and did both. I just asked my kids if they could chose one what would it be and all three ages 12, 11 and 5 said Osborne Lights. I liked both but reasons for Osborne lights --- it snows there, you do it at your own pace and I didn't think it was nearly as crowded as Fantasmic. Also with little ones Fantasmic can be scary. Hope that helps.

Definitely Osbourne Lights. My granddaughters faces lite up when the saw ALL those lights. And, then when they saw the snow, it was Magic!

Your children will never see anything like the Osbourne Lights anyplace else, but at Disney World.

I am sitting here sad because we can't go this year, but I have a couple videos of the lights on my cell phone that I can go and watch and remember just how great they are.

I just want to add my 2 cents worth. The first time we took my kids to see Fantasmic they were 3 and 5 and loved it. My 3 year old was scared at first and we sat towards the back. (she was afraid of the picture of the dragon on the billboard) We bought them the $5 Mickey light saber and she used it to fight the dragon. In the end, she loved Fantasmic more than any of us. She became obsessed with Malificent and the dragon and was Malificent for Halloween the next year. Don't totally rule it out.

The benefit to seeing the lights is they are only there at this time of year, where Fantasmic will be there year-round.

You can do both as there is an early and a late showing for Fantasmic. The line for Osborne lights can take a while to move as they only have a set number of guests in there at any time.

I would also recommend that you go to the village of Celebration which is only a couple of miles and see their main street lights and hourly snow falls.

Have a gentle stroll around, look at the lake and enjoy a gourmet hot chocolate with marshmallows. I know I will;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter