Fantasmic Package Reservation Availability

RegisteredTrademark

Earning My Ears
I tried to do the Fantsamic Package for my trip but they only have lunch or terrible dining times open (like 5PM for dinner). When I look at HBD reservation page there's tons of availability.

I've asked about linking my existing reservation to Fantasmic package and was told no. Pretty disappointing that the limit the reservation availability so much, it seems like this would be a simple request to accommodate, but obviously if they don't have much incentive to do that (am I going to go somewhere else to eat off park, not likely).

Venting aside, does anyone know if Fantasmic Packages tend to open up as dates get closer? Should I cut my losses and plan on attending fantasmic without this as an option?

They use the package to try to fill slow times at the restaurants. Otherwise, they don't really need to entice people for the prime slots.
Kind of figured that to be the case. Wish they would release show times when they made dining available, there's times up for my dates but doesn't line up with what they've done historically and I'm trying to finalize these plans lol

I could be wrong, but I've always found the F! package times to be on the early side - I always assumed it was to, somewhat, guarantee there was enough time for you to dine and get to the theater in time for the show.
I'm sure there's some merit to that, but a last dining reservation of 5PM is more than 3.5 hours before the listed show time. There's quite a bit of time they could have available and ensure everyone makes it on time.

I could be wrong, but I've always found the F! package times to be on the early side - I always assumed it was to, somewhat, guarantee there was enough time for you to dine and get to the theater in time for the show.

I was just wondering about this as I was planning our trip in September. Thought this same thing.

Yes, it’s a huge amount of time before the show, but if a party is not seated on time for dinner they want to make sure there is enough time to finish the meal. Maybe…?

And I’m thinking you still have to show up for the show at least 30 minutes prior to start time. Seems like I read somewhere that 20-30 minutes before show time all the seats are opened up to general public and you might not get into the reserved seating area.
(Not sure about this- maybe someone else can chime in).

Yeah we have a 4 o'clock hour dinner reservation at Mama Melrose for the dining package. I originally had a non-package Sci-Fi reservation that I had to drop to get the other. I preferred Sci-Fi, but nothing for it has opened up since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter