Fantasmic Thread!

I booked a 2nd show standard dining package at RB. I have an ECV though. Where in the section are wheelchairs and ecvs parked? Am I wasting my money booking a package? Is my view going to be blocked?

I booked a 2nd show standard dining package at RB. I have an ECV though. Where in the section are wheelchairs and ecvs parked? Am I wasting my money booking a package? Is my view going to be blocked?
People sit in the reserved areas. I can't remember where the ECV section is though. Maybe they put you at the back of the reserved area, in front of the wall.

I'm interested in this too as I will have an ECV and will have 2 other adults with me and I am wondering where we will all be seated.

I really wish they would announce more about the standby procedure. I'm naively holding out hope they will switch to VQ for non-dining plan folks (I know they won't). I have no problem doing a dining plan, but it's hard with young kids to make that commitment at least 2 hours in advance of a dining reservation not knowing how their mood will be the night of!

It would also be nice if they still had the old dessert party!

Well now Im disappointed, I want the RB premium but of course there is nothing left for my dates, and Im stuck with the standard package. Don’t know if I will bother now or just wait till I go back in Sep.

I really wish they would announce more about the standby procedure. I'm naively holding out hope they will switch to VQ for non-dining plan folks (I know they won't). I have no problem doing a dining plan, but it's hard with young kids to make that commitment at least 2 hours in advance of a dining reservation not knowing how their mood will be the night of!

It would also be nice if they still had the old dessert party!
You'd think they would have used a closure this long to figure out a better system for it, right? I agree that it would be nice to have better information about this by now. They've improved World of Colour so much with the virtual queue, you'd hope they could figure SOMETHING out for Fantasmic.

I dunno if anyone remembers but before they Fantasmic dinning page used to say standing room only even though they never made the reserved areas stand... it's good to see it's officially official seating on the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_5675.jpeg
    IMG_5675.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 6
You'd think they would have used a closure this long to figure out a better system for it, right? I agree that it would be nice to have better information about this by now. They've improved World of Colour so much with the virtual queue, you'd hope they could figure SOMETHING out for Fantasmic.
I mean, they literally used to do Fastpass standby for Fantasmic before Covid. You would have to go and get a Fastpass for the show you wanted. That's the equivalent today of VQ.

I mean, they literally used to do Fastpass standby for Fantasmic before Covid. You would have to go and get a Fastpass for the show you wanted. That's the equivalent today of VQ.
Yeah but they weren't charging you for it so obviously that wasn't working.

Okay so...

Anyone think Fantasmic might soft open early? Disney has been doing that a lot.. I'll actually be there the night of 23rd...
I think they will. They have had soft openings for things like the DCA food festivals and Pixar Fest.

I just booked the River Belle dining package. This is our first trip to Disneyland so I have very limited knowledge on any of the restaurants. I think the RB menu looks better than the BB menu. Is RB a fairly decent restaurant? Also, we just booked the standard viewing area because I'm having a hard time justifying the $89 price tag for the premium viewing area. Any idea where the standard viewing area is located? I'm assuming the premium viewing area is better?

I just booked the River Belle dining package. This is our first trip to Disneyland so I have very limited knowledge on any of the restaurants. I think the RB menu looks better than the BB menu. Is RB a fairly decent restaurant? Also, we just booked the standard viewing area because I'm having a hard time justifying the $89 price tag for the premium viewing area. Any idea where the standard viewing area is located? I'm assuming the premium viewing area is better?
Actually the standard viewing area is a much better view! It's just that you're seated on the ground. The premium you are at a table but the view of the show is not as good. I always bring a blanket to sit on in the standard area.

Actually the standard viewing area is a much better view! It's just that you're seated on the ground. The premium you are at a table but the view of the show is not as good. I always bring a blanket to sit on in the standard area.
Oh wow, that is good to know! We don't mind sitting on the ground. Thanks!

I would like to know this especially since the River Belle menu currently has no appetizers or salads.

It would be pretty weak for Disney to label a drink as a food course but they appear to have done that at Blue Bayou. 🙄 At least BB’s “drive course” includes a commemorative cup so there’s a bit of extra value there.
Today on the official Disney Eats Instagram account they posted pictures for both the River Belle Terrace and Rancho del Zocalo dining packages. Only one pic of Riverbelle Terrace but it shows a main dish, a salad, a dessert and a fancy beverage. So my guess is they will have a salad or appetizer option with the package. Still wondering what that will look like for the Brunch option.

Do you think they will open up more BB packages?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter