Fantasmic too scary?

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
I am wondering if Fantasmic will be too much for my little girl. She will be almost five when we go in Dec. I know my 7 year old boy will love it. I am interested to hear from you how your children of a similiar age dealt with it. She is not scared of the dark, but has not been exposed to "scary" movies really. Does the show have more fun parts than scary parts. Thanks for your input! Tonia:confused:

Our five and seven year old girls went to Fantasmic in March, and both LOVED it! The five year old sat on my husband's lap for part of the show, but just because she was a bit cold, not because she was scared. We felt that there was a good balance between "fun" and scary parts of the show, and children even younger than ours seemed to enjoy themselves very much. It was one of the highlights of our trip, and the kids still talk about it.

My 5 year old niece loved it. It is an awesome show & not one to miss.

Both my nieces 5 and 7 got scared during it on our last trip, but they just went to the back with Dad and were fine once they were watching from a distance.

Thanks, it really sounds as if it won't be a problem for her. Since we are doing MGM on our last full day, it will one of the last things the kids will remember. Now....it I could only think of something to do on the first day we arrive, LOL. We get in at noon, any suggestions? Tonia

Since you won't get in until noon my suggestion would be a nice swim, tour a few Disney hotels & have dinner at one of them & then some shopping at Downtown Disney.

Have a great time!!

I think this is a great idea! Is it the Wilderness Logde that has really great Christmas decorations? And do you usually make PS seating for the resort resturants? Tonia

We tried Fantasmic for the first time (at DL this time, not WDW). Both of my kids DD 6 1/2 and DS 3 1/2 were freaked out. Plus, to make matters worse, the show broke down before good conquered evil so they didn't even see a happy ending. Needless to say, we did not try to make a later show to see the whole thing.

You are the best judge of your child. But, if your child has not been exposed to scary movies this is one heck of a way to start. Why don't you rent some of the movies and see how she does.

Our kids love it! They were 8,5, and 2 the last time that we saw it.

Our 3 yr old and 6 yr olds had no problem! It is a great show and I think some rare kids will be perturbed but it is rare. If you think your kids have problems with it, you know best. But I can't see 98% having a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter