Fantasmic! Viewing Area Locations

What time do fast passes usually run out for the first show and how early do you recommend getting there?

We saw F! and the fireworks show from the green FP section on the left side of POC bridge (opposite side of the Tree house). We were as far over as we could be with only about 3 people between us and the light pole that the rope is tied to to end that viewing section. It was a great view of the show. DD is 48 or 49 in tall and was able to see the show. For a couple parts she stood on the bottom of the railing to get a little higher but mostly kept her feet on the ground. We were right up against the railing so only the closer viewing sections were in front of us but we were elevated enough that is adults had no obstructed view at all.

We stayed and watched the fireworks after the show and it was better than I expected as a spot to see them. We had a great view of the water screen and could see all the fireworks though some of the lower ones by the castle were a little obstructed. We are supposed to see the fireworks on Thursday with some local family so if I get a spot on main street I can compare and see what the difference is.

How early did you arrive to get that spot? We have green FPs for tonight.

We sat down over by the tree house a little before 7:30. The line starts on the tree house entrance side of the walkway right by where the ropes start. I recommend just finding the closest spot you can to the ropes. We sat across the walk way where the exit to the tree house was and it cost me a few spots in the line. People look like they are just taking a break but most are really just waiting for the green section to open.

Just remember to go as far across the bridge as the ropes will let you. Otherwise you end up behind a tree.

I'm doing the Blue Bayou dining package on July 16th. I imagine it will be pretty busy being the week of the 60th. My dinner is at 5:30, so I think I have the 9:00 PM show. What time should I get in line for the Blue Bayou section to get a first or second row seat?

We saw F! on Friday with the River Belle Terrace package. We returned right at the return time window stated on the ticket by the....the uh...I can't remember the name. It's the place across from the Haunted Mansion exit where you can get bread bowls and it has a plaque of a fish hanging above it. Specific enough lol?

So we entered there, walked along the river until we get in front of the old dessert package area. This extends to almost the PotC entrance. We saw some people with seat cushions so they must have been using our section as BB overflow? I didn't get a good look at the section to our right to see if they all had cushions or standing - I just wasn't paying attention.

I use an ECV because using a cane only gets you so far! lol. Anyway, can you tell me if there is an area where ECVs are suppose to be and where would this be on the map. Have 3 family members with me. Thanks

For the dining packages, the guests in ECVs and wheelchairs are asked to be in the back of the section so that they don't obstruct the view of those folks sitting on the ground. For the FP areas, as far as I know, there are ECV/wheelchair viewing areas for each one (I just am not sure where they are at this point).

I use a ECV. We got our Fastpass around 11:00 am on sunday for the Blue area and they had area for the ECV's. And family members could set on ground next to you.

I use a ECV. We got our Fastpass around 11:00 am on sunday for the Blue area and they had area for the ECV's. And family members could set on ground next to you.
Where was the Blue FP Viewing Area's ECV/Wheelchair section? Was it still over by the Tom Sawyer Island Raft Dock?

So, after reading other posts in the thread, DW and I were going to book a dining package for us and our three kids while we are in DLR at the end of the month. We are vegetarian/vegan/pescetarian (depends on the day, but no chicken/pork/beef at all), but after looking at the menus for BB and RBT we were less than impressed with what we would be able to eat and the amount of money we would be paying for it. So it looks like FP for us. Is there any preference for the FP color? Our three are 12, 10, and 5.

We just did the F! dining package at River Belle Terrace on June 8. Our reservation was at 5:30, so we saw the early F!. The food was fine. F! was at 9, and they told us to arrive around 8:30, which we did. There was one section for RBT and BB dining packages, and it was a great view. It was not crowded when we arrived, and we were the second family from the front railing. You must sit on the ground for the show. The section did fill up by show time, but I didn't feel squished in. You can stay in your area for the Disneyland Forever fireworks, which worked out well for us. They do project on the Rivers of America for the fireworks show. We had a pretty good view of the actual fireworks, and we saw the "aerial" performers, although they are small and if you don't know to look for them, they are easily missed.

All in all, we would definitely do the RBT package in the future if we wanted to see F! again.

Where was the Blue FP Viewing Area's ECV/Wheelchair section? Was it still over by the Tom Sawyer Island Raft Dock?

They now put both yellow and blue fp WC in the same section, which is a taped off area in front of pirates at the rear or the yellow seated area. The smoking dock is now used for WC area for standby.

So, after reading other posts in the thread, DW and I were going to book a dining package for us and our three kids while we are in DLR at the end of the month. We are vegetarian/vegan/pescetarian (depends on the day, but no chicken/pork/beef at all), but after looking at the menus for BB and RBT we were less than impressed with what we would be able to eat and the amount of money we would be paying for it. So it looks like FP for us. Is there any preference for the FP color? Our three are 12, 10, and 5.

I don't care between yellow or blue, I just don't like green (POTC bridge). Blue has a larger area of better angles, in my opinion...yellow can quickly end up on the far side with an extreme angle (where you can't make out the puppets)

OK, I've read through this thread and I'm still slightly confused. My family and I will be at DLR the first week of August. I don't want a dining package, just fastpass. My main questions about F! are:
1. Are the first FP's distributed the best FP seating?
2. Is there any seating in the FP area? Even on concrete steps?
3. How early do we need to arrive?

Thanks in advance!
Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter